It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone want to group together and buy food storage and other preparedness items?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I have received a very strong motivation to get some food storage for myself, and I want to know if any other spiritually aware people are willing to go in as a group and maybe get some reduced prices for ourselves.

www.emergencyessentials.com has some really great deals and they offer group discounts. Anyone interested? They have basic 1 year supplies for around $700 US, and the fancy ones go for about $1500 US. Other things I am going to get include: A diesel generator, water filter/purifer, ammunition, preparedness books, basic medical equipment, medicines (Tylenol and Penicillin)
and anything else that might come in useful when the scat hits the mat.

Lemme know, as I am going to buy in the next few months with the money I've stashed.

Arky

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 04:36 PM
link   
That's definitely a good idea considering the topic discussed here recently, although I prefer my own specially designed emergency kit.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arkaleus
I have received a very strong motivation to get some food storage for myself, and I want to know if any other spiritually aware people are willing to go in as a group and maybe get some reduced prices for ourselves.

www.emergencyessentials.com has some really great deals and they offer group discounts. Anyone interested? They have basic 1 year supplies for around $700 US, and the fancy ones go for about $1500 US. Other things I am going to get include: A diesel generator, water filter/purifer, ammunition, preparedness books, basic medical equipment, medicines (Tylenol and Penicillin)
and anything else that might come in useful when the scat hits the mat.

Lemme know, as I am going to buy in the next few months with the money I've stashed.

Arky

When the tribulation starts....wont you be taken in the rapture anyway? Why would a spiritually aware person such as yourself need to prepare for anything when God will save you???? It doesn't matter right?

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 05:22 PM
link   
That's great stuff Pisky. I wonder if you can get that cider dehydrated? Maybe they'd called it "Pisky dust."

I'm serious tho. I'm not a big rapture believer, if there will be a rapture of any kind, it's fine with me. But I won't hold out for a mothership or a spirit migration just yet.

I will probably be the little red hen, all by myself, and start stacking up my wheat and beans. That way, I woun't have to fight like the rest of you rats when the prices go high, or the numbers get issued to you. Besides, I like MREs better than my own cooking sometimes.

Arky

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Yeah, I'll bring the tinfoil hats.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alec Eiffel
Yeah, I'll bring the tinfoil hats.

Already got mine ...

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I can't wear my tinfoil hat, or it will interfere with the broadcasts I get in my molars from the planet Zeta Reticulii V.

Anyone know the story of the little red hen?

One day as the Little Red Hen was scratching in a field, she found a grain of wheat.

"This wheat should be planted," she said. "Who will plant this grain of wheat?"
"Not I," said the Duck.

"Not I," said the Cat.

"Not I," said the Dog.

"Then I will," said the Little Red Hen. And she did.

Soon the wheat grew to be tall and yellow.

"The wheat is ripe," said the Little Red Hen. "Who will cut the wheat?"
"Not I," said the Duck.

"Not I," said the Cat.

"Not I," said the Dog.

When the wheat was cut, the Little Red Hen said, "Who will thresh the wheat?"

"Not I," said the Duck.
"Not I," said the Cat.

"Not I," said the Dog.

When the wheat was threshed, the Little Red Hen said, "Who will take this wheat to the mill?"

"Not I," said the Duck.
"Not I," said the Cat.

"Not I," said the Dog.

She took the wheat to the mill and had it ground into flour. Then she said, "Who will make this flour into bread?"

"Not I," said the Duck.
"Not I," said the Cat.

"Not I," said the Dog.

She made and baked the bread. Then she said, "Who will eat this bread?"

"Oh! I will," said the Duck.
"And I will," said the Cat.

"And I will," said the Dog.

"No, No!" said the Little Red Hen. "I will do that." And she did.

Arky the Story tellin' man.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Personally I think you're on the right track, Ark. If I really thought that I could still be in the US by the end of this year, I would be taking you up on your offer.

As it is, I hope that KayEm and myself will be back in Cornwall by next Christmas and then I do plan to set up my own preparations.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Thems who work is thems who eat.

I think it's God's way of trimming the herd - the ants will win out over the grashoppers, just like that disney cartoon taught us long ago.

THE ANTS were spending a fine winter's day drying grain collected in the summertime. A Grasshopper, perishing with famine, passed by and earnestly begged for a little food. The Ants inquired of him, "Why did you not treasure up food during the summer?' He replied, "I had not leisure enough. I passed the days in singing." They then said in derision: "If you were foolish enough to sing all the summer, you must dance supperless to bed in the winter."

Aesop

Arky

[edit on 21-1-2005 by Arkaleus]

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Also to go with the food and other emergency items you have, you might also want to look for a good place to hide. I wouldnt want to be sitting in a city with all that stuff when the crap hits the fan. I would want to be out in the country sitting in a nice secluded, secure place kicking back eating some quality MREs.

top topics

join