It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Mandela Effect explained

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAiIsLying
I think it just shows that the translator fell into the same trap.

I've got a copy of the book and I rushed to find it when I first heard of this as I was also sure it was "A".

If anything I think the problem is Anne Rice's bad grammar.
Technically it shouldn't be with "The" vampire as that implies there is only one vampire.

Once again we correct it for ourselves to make it easier.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 11:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krahzeef_Ukhar
a reply to: ZenHorse
That's interesting.

Out of curiosity is there a reason why it only applies to celebrities?
Whilst I'm not disputing that celebrities are clearly better people and more deserving of coming back to life why hasn't my granddad popped back to say hi?

Yes of course it is only those involved in the system.

I could tell you but its a deep rabbit hole.

Keep studying it ,you will see why.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 11:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: ZenHorse

What system?

Please, do tell. This is skunk works, so you can pretty much make any claim you like. Tell us more about this hole.

In my studies, mostly what I found were strange recurring internet personas.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 11:24 PM
link   

OK so they have to be part of the system.
But friends and family have to be in on it as well, do they get indoctrinated before the resurrection?

I would need more information to really study this although to be honest I'm not sure study is the correct word.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 11:44 PM
link   

OK so they have to be part of the system.
But friends and family have to be in on it as well, do they get indoctrinated before the resurrection?

I would need more information to really study this although to be honest I'm not sure study is the correct word.

Investigate would be the correct word.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 11:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greggers

What system?

Please, do tell. This is skunk works, so you can pretty much make any claim you like. Tell us more about this hole.

What could I tell you ..You Know Everything already...

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 11:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greggers

What system?

What could I tell you ..You Know Everything already...

I don't know about this hole of which you speak. It sounds wild.

How can I get involved in "the system" so I can go explore this "rabbit hole?"

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Investigate would be the correct word.

Thanks for the tip, but no answer on the indoctrination process of the friends and family prior to the resurrection?

I'm fine with you trying to derail my thread however not if you are just going to ignore the tricky questions.

Unless of course you are showing us an example of ignoring the things that are difficult in which case I thank you for keeping the discussion on course.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 02:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueShaman
What about images, like the missing braces from 007's Moonraker? What explanation do you have for that?

That's one of the few I haven't experienced but I did look into it, my theory on this is that we don't understand why this girl was nice to Jaws. He's a bad guy yet she shows him compassion.

It's easier to make up braces for them to connect over their dental requirements than it is to question her motives.

I'd say just bad memory would be my first guess. Like everyone thinks jaws died saving bond. He didn't die. I got in an argumwnt where a friend swore he died on the space station. Had to show him he was wrong. Human memory van be altered even later by new information. For example thr interview with the director saying she was originally supposed to have braces but they changed there mind thinking it took away from thr character.
edit on 9/11/16 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 02:16 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr
It cannot be dismissed just as bad memory due to many people thinking the same.

That's why I'm confident that it's due to the processes in the brain.

Saying bad memory just insults people and doesn't explain anything, if anything it gives more weight to the people thinking that everything is changing around them.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 09:49 AM
link   

a reply to: dragonridr
It cannot be dismissed just as bad memory due to many people thinking the same.

That's why I'm confident that it's due to the processes in the brain.

Saying bad memory just insults people and doesn't explain anything, if anything it gives more weight to the people thinking that everything is changing around them.

Generally speaking, when people say "bad memory," I take it to be a shorthand description involving any of the following possibilities:

1) Poor encoding of the original memory
2) Proper encoding of the original memory, but later corruption due to various sociological facts, pop-culture references, improper teaching, etc.
3) Corruption of memory due to biomechanical/physiological processes that allow new information to overwrite old information
4) Corruption of memory due to physiological or psychological shortcuts taken by the brain to filter incoming stimuli

Or any number of other possibilities.

Since it all effects the memory (either as originally encoded or subsequently updated), people just say "bad memory."

Just my two cents.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978
It still doesn't explain that some people remember Mandela dying in prison in the 1990's. That they don't remember the great man being President of South Africa and that he won the Nobel peace prize.

Words being misinterpreted, I can understand, it happens regularly.

Mandela being released from prison, being awarded the Nobel Peace Prize and becoming President of South Africa, actually happened. Yet there are some that cannot remember any of this and their memory is that he died in prison in the early 1990's.

Who do they remember being President instead of him? Who did win the Peace Prize?

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Krahzeef_Ukhar

A brilliant analysis, and one that I think is spot on. We are sensemaking creatures and see patterns sometimes where there are no patterns. Familiarity does breed misinformation and misperception (just look at common spelling errors.. or even misheard lyrics.)

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd
a reply to: Krahzeef_Ukhar

A brilliant analysis, and one that I think is spot on. We are sensemaking creatures and see patterns sometimes where there are no patterns. Familiarity does breed misinformation and misperception (just look at common spelling errors.. or even misheard lyrics.)

In an alternate timeline, Hendrix sang, "Excuse me, while I kiss this guy!"

And that song from grease went, "I got shoes, they're made of plywood."

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

It still doesn't explain that some people remember Mandela dying in prison in the 1990's. That they don't remember the great man being President of South Africa and that he won the Nobel peace prize.

Mandela being released from prison, being awarded the Nobel Peace Prize and becoming President of South Africa, actually happened. Yet there are some that cannot remember any of this and their memory is that he died in prison in the early 1990's.

Who do they remember being President instead of him? Who did win the Peace Prize?

If someone were interested in collecting some real data, they could pose this question to a few hundred ME believers via PM and see how many of them gave the same answer without being able to discuss with others. My guess is zero, but a huge number would say, "What? I have no idea."

edit on 11-9-2016 by Greggers because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   

They don't know.

I dared suggest they weren't paying attention in another thread, but was told it's more complicated than that.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd
Awww shucks.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 08:02 AM
link   

No one who believes he died knows enough to say who was prez instead of him.

Giving specifics would lead to an answer and to be honest I don't think people want that.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   

That's interesting.

Out of curiosity is there a reason why it only applies to celebrities?
Whilst I'm not disputing that celebrities are clearly better people and more deserving of coming back to life why hasn't my granddad popped back to say hi?

It only applies to a certain group of people , race,ethnicity,sex,location,or occupation does not matter.

They are mostly in places of Influence in society.Writers,Entertainment,Politics,Banking,Education,Law,Administration, even Conservationist & Naturalist's any place where that the position influences or set law's for society.

You will never see you grandparents or family members or the bulk of people you know face to face return like them.

Mandela was one of them.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Writers,Entertainment,Politics,Banking,Education,Law,Administration, even Conservationist & Naturalist's

Any nudists?

new topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join