It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Mandela Effect explained

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krahzeef_Ukhar

originally posted by: BlueShaman
What about images, like the missing braces from 007's Moonraker? What explanation do you have for that?

That's one of the few I haven't experienced but I did look into it, my theory on this is that we don't understand why this girl was nice to Jaws. He's a bad guy yet she shows him compassion.

It's easier to make up braces for them to connect over their dental requirements than it is to question her motives.
She had braces!!!! I am 55 and I watch the movie with friends and we ll recall laughing so much about the fact she opened her mouth and had braces. All 4/5 of us have a very funny moment memory of it and have recalled it on a number of occasions! Also I watch Tienem Square live!!

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: RP2SticksOfDynamite
Regarding tienemen square I'm not too sure. I've only watched footage recently and my memory only has the iconic photo.
I did assume he got run down but that's not too surprising as tank vs man generally only has one result.

Basically man run over by tank is easier to remember than man annoys tank for a bit before guy on bike tells him to move then 2 guys move him out of camera shot.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 02:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Krahzeef_Ukhar
There are a few your theory works quite well on and those have been debunked. But it will not work for most.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 04:53 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra
Excellent, can you give me an example?

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 05:10 AM
link   
It still doesn't explain that some people remember Mandela dying in prison in the 1990's. That they don't remember the great man being President of South Africa and that he won the Nobel peace prize.

Words being misinterpreted, I can understand, it happens regularly.

Mandela being released from prison, being awarded the Nobel Peace Prize and becoming President of South Africa, actually happened. Yet there are some that cannot remember any of this and their memory is that he died in prison in the early 1990's.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 05:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

How many South African's believed that he died in prison?

This seems to be another case where what is remembered is a lot easier to process than what actually happened.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 10:18 AM
link   
What about the thread of the twins who one of them supposedly died by jumping off a bridge, while the other went on to be a speaker of some sorts.

Many comments said they remember the sister that jumped off the bridge died, while the story itself said she went to jail.

I'll find the thread later.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Maybe because not all ME has to do with spelling? If someone told me they thought Mandela dies in prison I'd think they were none too bright.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   

There are many Americans who are unaware of current events, especially if they are in a foreign country.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

There are many Americans who are unaware of current events, especially if they are in a foreign country.

I agree, but certain members will not accept that. They were fully focused, they know Mandela died in prison, no matter what you say.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 07:59 PM
link   
yet they don't know what happened in SA afterwards? Sounds more like hearing someone say he died and leaving it at that point. How did he become president if dead? Who was then if not him.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   

yet they don't know what happened in SA afterwards? Sounds more like hearing someone say he died and leaving it at that point. How did he become president if dead? Who was then if not him.

Who am I to argue with certain members? They know what has happened, they are certain with their life!!

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 08:36 PM
link   
What I see is

A single anomaly.

So when he died, they immediately change to this time line. If they didn't they should know more about the current events it is said they follow.

If the timeline changed at that point, then why does it take decades to realize he isn't dead here since they are aware of current events.

Maybe they are not aware of current events.

Given that, what makes the most sense is a memory error.

None of these people have anything but one different memory of an event. A bit suspicious.

I waiting for one to do some research into their past. It's going to be a long one I think.

I guess I am leaving it there.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Rikku

Speaking of second languages : German Version of a Certain Movie

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I think I've discovered a new Mandela Effect.
This is pretty weak however I'm trying to look for something that fits my requirements.

Dominoes Pizza, I have a clear memory of there being an E in there.
When I picture the pizza box in my head I see Dominoes however it's actually Domino's.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 09:39 PM
link   

You are 100% correct.

There are some ignorant folks who THINK they know what happened however when presented with fact they just can't seem to comprehend it.

Average Americans are not current event savvy.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheAiIsLying

That's interesting I had to brush up on my German but are you implying that is should be Interview mit dem Vampir?

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 10:39 PM
link   
The actual effect is not exactly the same as remembering someone dying and then being alive.

There are 100's of cases of this happening long before people started calling it the Mandela Effect.

It was going on the the previous reality as well as this one or this one what was really the previous reality that turned in to this one.

Here is a link to another forum from 2005 talking about dead people reappearing ... not dimensional shift ... they just show up again.

www.godlikeproductions.com...

In other words it someone dying and showing up again does not require a dimensional shift.That thread i linked is from this dimension.

It was in the previous one as well.

I have myself been following this occurrence of the dead returning well before 2005 and way before someone coined the phrase "The Mandela Effect".

To call the dimensional sift the "Mandela Effect" is in accurate.

People remembering people dying and coming back is not new and no dimensional shift is required.

Now we have a "Quantum Effect" as well.

People were calling it "Time Line Shifts" but that is not accurate as I have stated no shift is required.

Mandela did die in prison he returned or reanimated and did become the President of South Africa.

You see they do die and return and people have been noticing it for years many die several times and return.

The "Quantum Effect" is different were we have a total shift, not just one person being reanimated.

There is a quantum level to the dead returning, as in all records of their lifestream will reflect that the did not die ,but nothing else will change ,human anatomy, geographical things or others history, but they Did die.

edit on 10-9-2016 by ZenHorse because: unfinished sentence

edit on 10-9-2016 by ZenHorse because: grammar

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krahzeef_Ukhar

originally posted by: TheAiIsLying

That's interesting I had to brush up on my German but are you implying that is should be Interview mit dem Vampir?

German is good for a comparison, seeing as it's structured similarly to english. Der, die, and das are the three versions of "the" based on what you are talking about, ie male, female, and object. Einen means "a".

Guess we'd have to ask the guy who translated the movie title which version he remembers.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: ZenHorse
That's interesting.

Out of curiosity is there a reason why it only applies to celebrities?
Whilst I'm not disputing that celebrities are clearly better people and more deserving of coming back to life why hasn't my granddad popped back to say hi?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join