It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here is an oddity

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: seentoomuch

Here's another thread that started on the 9th about oddities in their home. They're going over the possible causes too. I'm curious, do you happen to live in a rural area, or have a large yard with some large trees? I'm working on a theory and this plays into it.

i want to hear more about your theory. I have had oddities here. my keys and glasses. have to leave for a bit but I hope you reply

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: tinner07

My theory is a generational group of the little people or fairies or gnomes, whatever you want to call them tend to follow families. When an older person in the family passes they move over to another family member who usually is in close proximity to trees, nature their preferred habitat. Or they move to a close neighbor of the family who has nature around them. Odd things go missing and then returned, plants grow twice as fast, pulling up a plant upsets them and then a lot of things go missing or things are switched.

I had a Fitzgerald as a neighbor, we shared a beautiful garden, lots of strange things happened. Eggs changing color would not be unusual for this group to do. It all ended when my neighbor brought a small palm tree and put it under our huge Pecan tree as a peace offering. He also started putting out a saucer of milk every night on his porch and said a few words. All strange things ceased and the garden went into overdrive.

I have more to say about them, and a few sightings of them in the garden, might write a thread about it down the road. My advice is to make peace with them.

The ME theory is a good theory too.

STM
edit on 10-9-2016 by seentoomuch because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: tinner07
a reply to: Char-Lee

They the other you's are looking at unknown white/single yolk eggs

So are they just as dumbfounded as I am as to why their eggs are white?

This is what i am wondering, if universes constantly collide it could explain about every odd thing that has ever happened. Since science is now looking for these dimensions maybe they are colliding more and more.

My heavy spoon is about 12" my salad serving spoon/fork is two parts about 10" connected at the center they were placed in the sink dirty. We watched a movie and went to bed. The house is locked and we have a tall fence across the only real access the neighbors have a dozen dogs no one could pass through we are isolated behind their land. We keep the doors locked the windows have not been opened all year all locked. Just the two of us and the items are gone in the morning. We both looked every conceivable and inconceivable place, I even checked the freezer the washer/dryer lol!

We like our home uncluttered, it is clean and simple with minimum furniture and few knick knacks grown children live in other countries and states no visitors.

I am still wondering if such large items will follow the pattern of small ones and return eventually!

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: seentoomuch

My theory is a generational group of the little people or fairies or gnomes, whatever you want to call them tend to follow families.

I would say that sounds really kooky but how can I say that

Funny thing, a few weeks ago I had a dream that I was out by our well and found a tiny little person stuck under a fallen branch. I picked him up really careful but it was difficult to not hurt the little guy, took him inside and used tweezers and tape to fix a broken leg. I took him back where I found him with a scrap of wool as a blanket over and under him, then I put him down and called out that I will not speak to anyone about their being there that they need to take their guy before any animals come and I turned away and he was taken.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   
interesting we have a stone like that too, I think it is buried under bushes by now, I will check today.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Apparently, the odds of getting four double yolks in the same dozen are not as remote as you might expect.

Double-yolks happen more frequently in young chickens, when they're in their early days of egg-production—20-28 weeks old. These young chickens (still getting the hang of being a grown-up hen) produce a double-yolk egg once every 100 lays.

But when you average out the number of double-yolk eggs from chickens of all ages, about one out of every 1,000 eggs has two yolks. So, ignoring all other factors, the chances of getting four double-yolk eggs in a row from a single carton should be (1/1,000) x (1/1,000) x (1/1,000) x (1/1,000), or one in every trillion.

But there are other factors—lots of them.

First, double-yolk eggs are usually larger than single-yolk eggs. Eggs are usually sold in the sizes of small, medium and large. So if you find a double-yolk egg in a carton of large eggs—the chances are higher than normal that another double-yolk egg could be found.

Second, the eggs in any given cardboard carton are most likely to have come from the same flock. Chickens in the same flock are usually the same age. Again, this increases your chances of getting a second double-yolk egg, if you've already picked the first one.

Source

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   

I think OP is try'n to say he's yoked.

Egg your nieghbors house?

edit on Rpm91016v06201600000051 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Char-Lee

That explains it. They're there.

STM

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs

I think OP is try'n to say he's yoked.

Egg your nieghbors house?

Common Randyvs you can add something better than that

Any missing items in your world?

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shadoefax
Apparently, the odds of getting four double yolks in the same dozen are not as remote as you might expect.

Total was 6 doubles
"of the remaining 8 eggs only 2 were double yolks"

edit on 10-9-2016 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

EGGZACTLY!

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Common Randyvs you can add something better than that Any missing items in your world?

Welp! NAH!

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Bought plenty of brown eggs; never had any be double yolked.

I think you just got a weird carton of eggs, but stop being so egg racist!

It has less to do with the color of the egg than it does with some other anomaly. The only double yolked eggs I've ever had were jumbo sized white eggs, but I'll bet I have an equal chance of cracking a jumbo sized brown egg and getting a double yolked one.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Char-Lee
interesting we have a stone like that too, I think it is buried under bushes by now, I will check today.

Mine

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Then there's this,

There's also no difference in yolk or taste. Genes determine shell color, Dr. Bui said. White-feathered chickens with white earlobes lay white eggs; red or brown ones with red earlobes lay brown eggs; and the Ameraucana breed, also known as the Eastern egg chicken, lays eggs with blue shells.

io9.gizmodo.com...

Anyway, thanks for letting us know about the yolks. I was curious how it would turn out. : )
edit on 9/10/2016 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   
In australia we get around 60% brown, 35% white and usually 1 with crap on it in a dozen of eggs. @ 6 bucks for 12 cage free eggs i wouldnt mind a double yolk now and again

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: scubagravy

6 bucks for 12 cage free eggs

About 4$ a doz. in Northern california. Clean mostly but sometimes really small

top topics

<< 1   >>

join