It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here is an oddity

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   
So yesterday (thursday) my pay day, I have to swing by the grocery store and get food for my ever starving kittens , their 2 older siblings, their mom, their dad who by the way does not own up... and our rescued dog......... and maybe something for us.

I saw some Bob Evans sausage and thought eggs and toast and sausage would be good.

Not knowing our refrigerators egg content i bought a dozen eggs, and a loaf of bread and the sausage,

Long story short, short story long, there is a bucket of eggs in the fridge with an exp date I will cook first.

I open them up and brown eggs. I am not new to brown eggs, just not typically sold in stores, so I was a bit surprised but not put out. I cracked the first one and it was a double yolk. I cracked the second, double yolk, 3rd and 4th both double yolks. I stopped

We did not purchase brown eggs, the carton doesnt say brown eggs, just seems odd... Farm fresh brown eggs are available here in many places, road side. take the eggs drop your money. never done it

I am guessing the remaining 8 are double yolks.

I have pics

I started a thread earlier this summer about my work keys and truck keys being misplaced and my glasses being moved. Not sure how to link it.

edit on 9-9-2016 by tinner07 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Seriously, what are the chances? I agree it's very unusual. BUT I bet the remainder are single yolks. Gottabe.

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: tinner07

"I am guessing the remaining 8 are double yolks."

I'm right with you on that.

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 08:04 PM
link   
On purpose. I bought a dozen eggs, same brand I always do, a couple of years ago, and every single one was a double yolk. It HAD to have been intentional.

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Damn I thought I deleted this thread before I posted... I have had weird stuff happen here, We did not buy brown eggs. I will crack them tomorrow and see if the remaining 8 are doubles.

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 08:38 PM
link   

What size were the eggs?
I have found that 'Jumbo' size eggs are more often double yolked than any other size.
edit on b000000302016-09-09T20:38:58-05:0008America/ChicagoFri, 09 Sep 2016 20:38:58 -0500800000016 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

On purpose. I bought a dozen eggs, same brand I always do, a couple of years ago, and every single one was a double yolk. It HAD to have been intentional.

Brown eggs is what gets me. They are in a Meijers carton. Meijeirs is a pretty big local supermarket chain around Michigan
Not labeled brown eggs.

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

well I just checked, they are jumbo. But they are brown eggs, like if you went into your local grocery store and bought eggs, came home opened them and they were brown. odd yes? cracked 4 and all double yolk.

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I bet they're definitely all double yolks. Often, at the sorting facility, double yolked eggs will be sorted seperately and made available to employees and restaurants for discount purchases (some people really love double yolks, good for making mayonnaise, etc.).

I meant to add...they probably just got mixed into the commercial sales, could also be why they aren't labelled, as these eggs are only "double yolks", the employees and restaurants don't care if they're white or brown.

As for why they're not labelled as brown? Do they have to be? There's no difference, for the most part, white chickens make white eggs and coloured chickens make brown eggs, or green or blue or speckled, etc.
edit on 9-9-2016 by Atsbhct because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

Seriously, what are the chances? I agree it's very unusual. BUT I bet the remainder are single yolks. Gottabe.

ok I will take that bet young lady but here is the oddity, I did not buy brown eggs. The carton is not labeled brown eggs.

I will take pics and video when I open the rest tonorrow..

But what is the bet? lol

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: tinner07
a reply to: schuyler

Brown eggs is what gets me. They are in a Meijers carton. Meijeirs is a pretty big local supermarket chain around Michigan. Not labeled brown eggs.

All points to intention. They were segregated. The "pickers" pass the eggs before a bright light that illuminates the inside, so they can tell if it's a double yolk. Outside is obvious. I'm guessing they segregate the eggs on yolks and colors as they come down the assembly line, make the vast majority normal, and bide their time to fill in a double-yolk or brown box.

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

I bet they're definitely all double yolks. Often, at the sorting facility, double yolked eggs will be sorted seperately and made available to employees and restaurants for discount purchases (some people really love double yolks, good for making

You are right on that account, Had a guy at my last job telling of getting double yolk eggs by the bucket. but not labeled as brown?Grocery store chicken eggs are white. I grew up on brown eggs and real milk. Just another oddity that happens in my old house.

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Like you said , that is honestly way more plausible, a bunch of double yolk brown eggs got put into a container to be taken home by an employee, but oops it got put on the truck and some ghost scared person bought it.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 07:03 AM
link   
play the lottery. Seriously what are the odds?

go get a scratch off or just play a simple pick 3 and let us know what happens.

I can't remember, is finding double yolks good or bad luck?

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 09:09 AM
link   
of the remaining 8 eggs only 2 were double yolks

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Here's another thread that started on the 9th about oddities in their home. They're going over the possible causes too. I'm curious, do you happen to live in a rural area, or have a large yard with some large trees? I'm working on a theory and this plays into it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

STM

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: tinner07
Damn I thought I deleted this thread before I posted... I have had weird stuff happen here, We did not buy brown eggs. I will crack them tomorrow and see if the remaining 8 are doubles.

Alternate universe have all double yolks all eggs brown, when your stuff switched you got theirs. They the other you's are looking at unknown white/single yolk eggs

your missing story
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 10-9-2016 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Char-Lee

They the other you's are looking at unknown white/single yolk eggs

So are they just as dumbfounded as I am as to why their eggs are white?

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: seentoomuch

Here's another thread that started on the 9th about oddities in their home. They're going over the possible causes too. I'm curious, do you happen to live in a rural area, or have a large yard with some large trees? I'm working on a theory and this plays into it.

yes I live in a rural area. large yard( although that is relative) and yes large maple trees. Huge actually. Shade my entire house. As I sit here, if I look out the window to my left, all I see is tree trunks and leaves. I am on top of a hill.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Are you of Irish or Scottish descent?

STM

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join