It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

CNN blasts Trump for going on Russian network interview.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

originally posted by: ketsuko
Remember when Romney said Russia was our enemy and the press lambasted him for it?

What he was said they were our greatest geopolitical foe. The press didn't lambast for anything — Obama poked phone at him.

I wonder how many Trump supporters defended Romney then and are now defending Trump's fawning over Putin?

While admittedly Trump's fawning over Putin is disgusting, can it be any worse than Hillary's 'reset' total failure as SoS? The answer will be to find a middle ground, whoever is elected.

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

May I help you or do you have nothing meaningful to say(which wouldn't surprise me).

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: WilburnRoach
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I think Trump is a traitor, just my humble opinion.
But you don't think Obama is, right???

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

While admittedly Trump's fawning over Putin is disgusting, can it be any worse than Hillary's 'reset' total failure as SoS? The answer will be to find a middle ground, whoever is elected.

That's a tough one.

Hillary and Bill failed miserably in Haiti and I think they were actually trying to do something they could point to as an example of what miracle workers they could be given the opportunity.

We don't hear a lot about it because the fact of the matter is the Clintons did exactly what any Republicans would have done — they gave the contracts to the same massive outfits that always gets them regardless of whose in office. Companies that bilk the s# out of tax payers, private donors, etc and then drastically underperfom at massively inflated prices.

Clinton/the Obama administration botched the handling of the coup in Honduras by denying it was a military coup so that they could justify not suspending aid (which by law should have done).

We don't hear much about it now because again, the neoliberal Clintons were more concerned with the interests of American companies doing business in Honduras who wanted Zelaya out then they were preserving democracy — just as any Republican would have and just as Trump would given the chance.

I'm not even entirely sure why I keep posting about politics this election except that I still believe that Trump is everything that is wrong with Clinton only worse and that he's made voting for him a vote for... how can I put this delicately? Sympathy for some of the tenets of white nationalism? (I know I'm supposed to not use that word becuase it's not PC!)

Trump's disgusting fawning over Putin is just the icing on the cake. I can't help but notice that Trump has basically taken a healthy skepticism of the msm and turned it into an all our hatefest and that makes his fawning over Putin that much more poignant considering that even the Daily Caller said last year:

A general rule for news outlets in Russia is that you don’t criticize Putin under any circumstances.

In an article where they are plainly pointing out that Trump is defending this tryant under whom dozens of journalists have been straight up assasinated by the government/military:

GOP presidential candidate Donald Trump defended his praise for Russian President Vladimir Putin in an interview Sunday, saying it has never been proven Putin killed any journalists in Russia.

Do you think the DC would put out that piece today?

They're both terrible. Neither one should be President. We lose either way.
edit on 2016-9-9 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Isnt it time we put the 60s and 70s behind us ? I mean seriously folks.So , we have someone on amiable terms with the leader of Russia . No , put aside your thoughts of the old Soviet Union and Khrushchev . That time is long past. Look forward into the future. Could it be the increasing partnership between Russia and China is due to the shunning of Russia by the West ?
Just a thought...

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Agreed, and you can still compete with a friend, ask mine.

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I think he's a hero and the best thing the world has at the current moment.

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 11:01 PM
link   
It looks like John Kerry has decided that Donald Trump's desired strategy of working with Russia to defeat a common enemy has merit. It's a good thing, because if Obama-Kerry didn't act quickly, Donald J. Trump would begin the process of forging an alliance without them, LOL.

Excerpt: "Russia and the United States agreed early Saturday on a new plan to reduce violence in the Syrian conflict that, if successful, could lead for the first time to joint military targeting by the two powers against Islamic jihadists in Syria."

Source: www.msn.com...

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 11:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: ksiezyc

May I help you or do you have nothing meaningful to say(which wouldn't surprise me).

I am not really interested in what you have to say.

There are, however, posters from different viewpoints I do listen to.

You joined June 2016. You've yet to earn your stripes.

edit on 9-9-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Such tolerance for those of opposing views.

Condescending to boot.

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Condescending to boot.

There are plenty of long standing posters with opposing views I respect.

How long you been here? Oh, since Nov 2015. Not even a year.

edit on 9-9-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Condescending to boot.

Have I been here long enough?

Bad form. They don't need to earn any stripes.

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 11:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: rockintitz

Condescending to boot.

Have I been here long enough?

Bad form. They don't need to earn any stripes.

If you want to be childish, do it with someone else.

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Who's being childish?

Hint: See above.

Oh wait, have I been here long enough to contradict your statements?

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Pathetic cold war McCarthyist horsecrap.

There is no reason Russia should be America's enemy. They are solely because of America's actions.

Is the Armaments Industry running short of cash or something?

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Who's being childish?

Hint: See above.

Oh wait, have I been here long enough to contradict your statements?

DONE

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 11:24 PM
link   
CNN in the bag for HRC, may also envy folks like Lee Camp on RT, hi s show redacted tonight is very informative as well as humorous, I don't tend to lean towards his positions, but I do appreciate how he has tried to scream to the world about how Bernie was screwed out of the nomination...

I didn't see CNN, MSNBC, ABC, CBS, NBC ask the questions he has in regards to the DNC leaks...

When you venture away from the bubble of MSM, you start to see things that may trigger you into doing a bit of investigation yourself...

I know that most will haul ass to their comfort level, back to the bubble....

That is your right, but those outside that bubble know what a load of crap this particular CNN hitpiece is...

As always, YMMV

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Cmon guys, Russia are friends now. Trump sea's this and their leaders honesty and caring persona. I will bet as soon as Trump is victor in Election then we will make the peace with great friends of Russia.

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 11:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: jonsoup
Cmon guys, Russia are friends now. Trump sea's this and their leaders honesty and caring persona. I will bet as soon as Trump is victor in Election then we will make the peace with great friends of Russia.

Oh, I think I'd look at it a little differently.

Like Russia and China.

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 11:41 PM
link   

What do you mean? Russia has been trying for peace all along. It is America who has been the resistant. Trump knows this.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join