It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump lies about meeting Putin - Why?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   
May 27 2014
National Press Club 47:30 Mark
TRUMP:
“I was in Russia, I was in Moscow recently and I spoke indirectly and directly with President Putin who could not have been nicer!”

Nov. 2015
GOP Debates

“"I got to know him [Putin] very well because we were both on '60 Minutes,' we were stablemates, and we did very well that night,"

NOTE:

Time reported that for that edition of "60 Minutes," Trump was interviewed in the United States by CBS host Charlie Rose, who then traveled to Russia to interview Putin. The two appeared on the same segment of the long-running docu-series.

They were never in the same room…they were in different countries.
talkingpointsmemo.com...
time.com...

JULY 2016-
Press Conference
TRUMP:
“I never met Putin. I don’t know who Putin is,” “He said one nice thing about me. He said I’m a genius. I said ‘Thank you very much’ to the newspaper, and that was the end of it. I never met Putin.”
talkingpointsmemo.com...
Note…Putin never said Trump was a genius…Putin has claimed that the press mistranslated the word “brilliant”, but what he said/meant was “colorful”.

He is an indisputable liar one way or another…He has confidently and loudly claimed two different things in public, in front of camera’s, on stage, at debates and to the press…

…Has he or has he not met Putin?

Given all the compliments he piles on top of Putin and the Russians hacking the DNC etc.

It is entirely possible he was telling the truth about meeting him? But needed to lie about the when and where of it?

So which time was he lying? AND WHY? ...Because lying is his natural state? Or was he obfuscating the specifics of their meeting?

Curious..

edit on 9-9-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

Video doesn't work.

I also don't click on sketchy links from my phone. Would you please link a credible source.

Thanks in advance.

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: KawRider9

Video doesn't work.

I also don't click on sketchy links from my phone. Would you please link a credible source.

Thanks in advance.

It's youtube...not a sketchy source?

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   

US gubment talks to Puitn all the time. Kerry's been errand boy running back and forth a lot lately. He has to, the Russians are winning in Syria.

The losers travel to the other persons country to sue for piece or delay or (hopefully) share the spoils.

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

US gubment talks to Puitn all the time.

That is confusing? The Op doesn't ask if the US Gov. communicates with Putin?

The question is...why did Trump lie...and did he or didn't he meet Putin?

He has claimed both.

Is he lying for no reason or does he have a reason.

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   

YouTube is fine, video wasn't working. You fixed it, it's all good.

As for the links, #talking point memo, is not a site I'm comfortable clicking on from my phone. Just would like something more credible.

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: KawRider9

I have never thought Talking Points Memo was sketchy??

How about Politifact?

"As far as the Ukraine is concerned … if Putin wants to go in -- and I got to know him very well because we were both on 60 Minutes. We were stablemates, and we did very well that night." -- portion of an answer at the Fox Business News debate,

Trump has changed what he’s said about whether he’s had a relationship with Putin.

In 2013, he said, "I do have a relationship." In 2014 he said, "I spoke, indirectly and directly, with President Putin" and said the Russian leader had sent him a present. In 2015, he said, "I got to know him very well" due to their joint appearance on 60 Minutes.

More recently, though, Trump has said, "I never met Putin -- I don't know who Putin is" and "I have no relationship with him."

www.politifact.com...

edit on 9-9-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   
ye olde republicans are still scared of the red menace, talking to a commie would be blasphemy!

trump supporters are partial to believe any half arsed conspiracy, notice putin's been given a rather loving view here?

trump has to appease both sides of the party, he has seen his fanboys defend his racist slurs yet stick by him when retracting them months later, he's hoping the other half are as gullible.

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   
You mean you don't want your candidate to lie ?

Yet you are backing a famous liar yourself.

What a joke, he could lie everyday before the Election.

And never come close to the professional liar Clinton.

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   
He's a BS artist pure and simple

Trouble is I think he's one of those who does it so often he starts to believe his lies

HE just can't help it

+5 more 
posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere

I assume you have no answer for why he lied?

thus the ever-predictable change the topic to Hillary response?

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

I'm glad he lied. He needs to lie more...

Just to catch up.

"What difference does it make".

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Trump lies about it because he's trying to walk a precarious line.

There's a certain demographic in America who long for their very own Putin. The constantly contrast Obama and Putin as a way of showing what they perceive as weakness on the part of Obama. They see Putin only as strong and unapologetic and they don't concern themselves with the fact that he locks up dissidents and murders journalists and others.

He wants to appeal to these people. In many ways, he attempts to model aspects of persona after Putin. He also wants to project the notion that he knows/has relationships with foreign leaders.

On the other hand, there are those who find his overt fawning over Putin to be a source of great concern, not least of which are well... sane people.... and then of course there's the conserative establishment who aren't fans of Russia at all.

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Whereismypassword
He's a BS artist pure and simple

Trouble is I think he's one of those who does it so often he starts to believe his lies

HE just can't help it

That is a possibility..

Or as Tony Schwartz, his Ghost Writer for Trump's Biography "Art of the Deal" describes him

“Schwartz says of Trump,

‘He lied strategically. He had a complete lack of conscience about it.’ Since most people are ‘constrained by the truth,’ Trump’s indifference to it ‘gave him a strange advantage.’”

Or as david Remnick at the "The New Yorker" put it..

“Donald Trump, the Republican nominee for President, does not so much struggle with the truth as strangle it altogether.

He lies to avoid. He lies to inflame. He lies to promote and to preen. Sometimes he seems to lie just for the hell of it.

He traffics in conspiracy theories that he cannot possibly believe and in grotesque promises that he cannot possibly fulfill. When found out, he changes the subject — or lies larger.”

www.nytimes.com...

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Good to see a Trump supporter own their moral bankruptcy.

At least the rest of the country understands what they are looking at.

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

He certainly doesn't need to lie more in order to catch up — the guy needs a teleprompter just to stem the tide of compulsive lies. They're both liars but Hillary actually lies strategically even if her strategy is horrible and she keeps getting exposed as liar.

Trump on other hand lies because he can't help himself. It's part of his schtick. On a good day, he might get through a couple minutes of speaking with just a handful of exaggerations. That's a good day. Most of the time it's normal for him to pepper his speech with a steady stream of lies.

Good thing for him he's got supporters who wouldn't be swayed if he shot somebody in the middle of Fifth avenue right?
edit on 2016-9-9 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: whyamIhere

He certainly doesn't need to lie more in order to catch up, the guy needs a teleprompter just to stem the tide of compulsive lies.

Politifact actually was so overwhelmed with the rate and magnitude of his lies that they simply declared his entire campaign of 2015 the "Lie of the Year".

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   

This old fart is a master bull#ter. People who have fed lies and buys into it will believe his bullcrap!

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Good to see a Trump supporter own their moral bankruptcy.

At least the rest of the country understands what they are looking at.

Hell yea! Go Trump, looks like you hit a soft spot. Not cool when the other candidate uses the same tactic to gain votes. It's gonna take everything he can muster to beat the professional criminal.
edit on 9-9-2016 by amicktd because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   
He and his ego can't help it. I think it's a mixture of things. He loves the attention so acted like him and Putin are chums. It makes it look like Trump is almost worth 5% of Putin hahahaha.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join