It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 11

page: 85
<< 82  83  84    86  87  88 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Grrr.

So i send in my resume for a landscaping firm. They love my work history. Phone interview goes great. Totally qualified. They say come in today at 6am to get the paperwork started .

Ok, so i do. Go in and the hiring manager denies me the job because i have long hair. Says company policy is no long hair on men or facial hair. Im clean shaven. Dressed well with my hair pulled back looking clean. The guy has a full mustache who telling me this. What BS.

Then since you bring ID and SS card with you for the hiring process. SS card got lost somehow on walk home. Walked for a hour this morning backtracking my steps and nothing. Its a breezy Morning so its probably safe in a gutter. It was old and ratty looking. Just got off phone with SSA, equifax, and FTC.

Wont make rent this month. So im preparing for the worst. Seeing which one of my friends is in town and which one has an available couch just in case.

Man this is depressing and frustrating.

Disarmed my gun and gave the ammunition to my neighbor to hold. I sat there staring at it and my reflection this morning and just didnt trust not to hurt myself so i gave it to my neighbor to hold. (The ammo) i feel so worthless right now

Crappy day.
edit on 22-9-2016 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Hello Mac, Jess and Zazz!!!!!!!!

Dave, hang in their Honey! This is a temporary set back. I know it is overwhelming right now and how stressful and depressing that can be.

I don't see what long hair and facial hair have to do with landscaping. At factories and other places, they make us tie our hair back for safety reasons, but they never asked anyone, men included to cut their hair.

Look into another company, look elsewhere or even at a garden center. There is something you can find somewhere. HUGS!!!!!!!

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Hey ya'll. Poetry is being taken out of the Short Story Forum and put in a "Chit Chat" extended thread, which is making me very unhappy.

I don't often contribute poems, but they are meaningful when I do, and I'd like a place for them to be other than buried in a meaningless thread.

Please contribute here: www.abovetopsecret.com... if you are so moved...

Thank you.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR
Sorry to hear that, man. I've been through the same thing. Sucks being discriminated against because how you look. I'd think how well you do the job would be more important but oh well. It's not like you showed up looking scuzzy or anything. Just hang in there.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Oh man!

Are you a virgo by any chance?
Mercury is in retorgrade, and currently it is reeking havoc with everything I do too!

The Tash man may have not worked out, but truly a better job will!

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Ok, so i do. Go in and the hiring manager denies me the job because i have long hair. Says company policy is no long hair on men or facial hair. Im clean shaven. Dressed well with my hair pulled back looking clean. The guy has a full mustache who telling me this. What BS.

Cheer up amigo...you wouldn't want to work for a tightass company like that anyway. I predict wonderful things in your future!!

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

Thankfully, they are looking into something. The thread you made is currently closed or I would have added my two cents. I agree with you whole heartedly. I can't see everyone's poetry all in the same thread. Each poet/writer should be able to have their own thread with stars and flags and not be lost in endless pages mixed with everyone else's poems.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Dave, go join a temp agency to help you get in the front door of some place. Hedy Holmes is a good one. Its one of the agencies I prefer to use. I start my temps out at $12.00 an hour, and maybe they pay more in LA area.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

I'm getting good feedback, let's say, regarding the issue. So...we will wait patiently for a week or two?

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Hey there,

Keep breathing. I can only imagine how discouraging that was!

Seriously, hang in there.

It means something better is coming your way, or you need to be somewhere else. It does not mean you are worthless or that there is something wrong with you. It is a sign of guidance -- for all you know it was a horrible company and you were just saved an amazing amount of hassle!!

Sorry about your SS card - that's a pain and a half. You can do it. (Did you leave it at the company or something perhaps? Did you hand it to them at any point?)

Trust. Trust yourself, your skills and your talents. Something better is coming. I feel it...

- AB

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Hello and Good Day to everyone!!

a reply to: Macenroe82
Hi Mac. Sorry I wasn't very clear in that post. I did see the workers at 4 minutes on. It was before that that I had seen a guy on the rock face, I thought I did anyway! LOL!! Then the drone moved and the 'worker' vanished. It was an illusion, but a cool one at that! I still cannot find the place I saw it... (Still blaming it on not having enough coffee at the time!!)

a reply to: Night Star
Hi Rain! The baby is doing great! He's got strong lungs and belts it out when He's hungry or wet!!

a reply to: Martin75
Hi Jess! Good to see You back here!!
Loved the vacation pix! Thanx for posting them!

Dave My Long Haired Brother, do not let those ass's get to You! This is a clear case of discrimination! Throw that at them, and see if they will hire You!? Being qualified in all other areas except for Your appearance is discriminatory at the very least!!!
Especially since He has a mustache!!!

Maybe call them and tell them like, "Hi This Is Dave, (Last name here). Me and My lawyer have decided this is an easy win case of Discrimination. Thank's, and I'll see you in court!!", and hang up!? I dunno Man. I'd bet they will call You back, to hire you!!

However, if He did decide to hire You, it might be an uneasy relation between You, for a while anyway. After He gets to know You though, He would probably be easier to get along with...

Plus You might not want to work for that place anyway. Sounds like they might be pretty picky about jobs done and all that...

Wish I had an easier solution, but the afore mentioned scenario is all I can come up with, right now...

a reply to: AboveBoard
Hey Abby! I saw Your thread but couldn't comment. It is closed!? But they did say they are working on it!? Good for You to get the ball rolling!! I have a Poem/Story, The BlackSmith. It is VERY dark/gory Tale. Where would that get placed I wonder. You know, in Short Stories, or Poems...

Anyway. Great job on (possibly) getting a Forum for Poems!!!

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Dave,

You are not worthless. You have worth to me. You have worth to many others.
I've called you and know that you're alright, and I'm not going to write one of my PM-length writings to you here in the Shed, but I just wanted to publicly say that everything will be alright, and I'm going to write you a huge PM soon, and will call you later when you're back home.

*hugs*
Everything will be alright.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: kaelci
Awwww. That is heartwarming Kaelci. That was very nice of You!!

BTW, Good to see You.

originally posted by: JDeLattre89

originally posted by: SyxPak
I just came across this image and thought it was so cute, I just Had to post it!

"Early the next morning, a young girl awoke excited for her first day of 3rd grade only to find half of her hair singed off and tiny swords stuck in the rest."

JD that's a great caption for that image! Thanx for adding that to the Picture!!

a reply to: Rider
Glad you were with Me there Rider! You need to try to remember that password!! I had forgotten My pass to this username, and had created another I used for a short time.
One day I was logging into SyxDaligee, and remembered the old password for SyxPak!!
It just popped into my foggy brain!!
SO Ya never know when it might just come to You!!!

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Dave stay strong I know all will be fine!

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   
If something takes 7-10 business days to get somewhere and it was sent out the 12th, it should be there the 23rd, right? Am I wrong?

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

The 23 would be 11 days, so Yes it should be there!!

EDIT: should be there today actually!
edit on 22-9-2016 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Did they send it via pony express on a slow pony? You should have it.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak
That's what I thought. I still didn't get it. I hope it will be here tomorrow. I have to get out tomorrow.

a reply to: Quantum12
I think they did. Or maybe the pony was blind, guy's riding backward, and the map is actually spaghetti stains on a paper plate.

edit on 22-9-2016 by Skid Mark because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Lol it was shipped via canoe!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 82  83  84    86  87  88 >>

join