It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 11

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Timely
As a matter of fact, bunyips are in the game.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Timely
a reply to: Timely

G'day Night !

You sound in good spirits !

Meh. For now. LOL

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Here is a little Pixie dust.

a reply to: Night Star
it is a good thing the Shed is here to flee to with our troubles. We receive comfort and courage every time we step over the threshold.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Just a few shots from today..........

Heading east with a friend of mine at the controls. CSX 421 rolls east towards Clifton Forge, Virginia for a crew change this morning as 12,000 foot long Q136 heads for its destination of Portsmouth Virginia.

Rolling east with only four motors. A lite power move thunders on towards Hinton, West Virginia.

Seen just after finishing its drop off at Shouth Charleston. CSX 9007 leads mixed freight Q302 east with a hefty train in tow for Richmond, Virginia.

edit on 11-9-2016 by gimmefootball400 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

Wis!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!

on the phone with our friend Lone.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star
Please say HELLOOOO, tell him I think we are jinxed in spirit concerning jobs.
Some people (me) just don't have much luck no matter how much effort they put into it.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: gimmefootball400

Great shots there Chooch!!!!

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Chooch, I love your commitment, your knowledge of the crafts and you ability to create engaging pictures. I find any thing, people do with true passion interesting.
And you certainly have that.
Do you get into the make and year of the vehicles? Where they have been?

Go shoot Chooch and share.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Please say HELLOOOO, tell him I think we are jinxed in spirit concerning jobs. Some people (me) just don't have much luck no matter how much effort they put into it.

Tell me about it! I got turned down for a librarian position because I'm overqualified. They said they wanted library experience or similar, so I put down my teaching and military exp. That makes me too qualified? How am I supposed to get any job, if the ones that require experience won't hire me because my experience is in other fields, and the ones that are 'starter positions' won't hire me because I'm overqualified? D@*Ned if do d@&ned if don't. Oh well.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: JDeLattre89

Hay. Wait a minute. before I answer Is your name referring to Jean de Lattre de Tassigny?
BTW did I formally say Hello to you? My days melt together forgive me. If not sincerely Hello and Welcome. If I have forgive my scatter brain.
Does this world ever slow down?

To answer your question. I have been in that situation. But that is not what I am referring to in this reply.
LoneCloud and I have been haunted in our past jobs no matter how hard we worked.

But on my part, which is much to long an account to give here, I have worked in jobs to which I was highly over qualified, which has caused huge tension.
It is a terribly long story, so I won't bore my fellow Sheddites with it, it become too political.
All I will say is I find the American systems approach to labor ridiculous and uncivilized.

edit on 11-9-2016 by WalkInSilence because: Bah Humbug

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Hey guys.

I'm pretty down. With the exception of awesome threads like this and some UFO stuff, I'm feeling the need for an ATS break.

l know it is possible to just ignore certain topics. Unfortunately, I can't help myself. I click on things that end up upsetting me. It's my own fault for looking and responding.

Hugs to you all. I think you are all great and I will be back when I feel better. It might be awhile so I didn't want anyone wondering what happened. You guys are the good stuff in this neck of the ATS woods!

AB

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Ahhh a big hug to you.

a reply to: AboveBoard
I know that feeling, some times it just feels like you aren't present, does that make sense?
Thank you for sharing. Have a lovely "retreat".
WIS

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

Always love and support and magic in here AB, no need to leave.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Wis and JDe, it's horrible that you can't get the job opportunities that you desire and deserve!

Lone, after losing his job because of those idiots, found another similar job and it is stress free and the people are wonderful. Though he wanted a better and higher paying job, he seems very happy where is he is now. I wish you both the best and will send extra elven magic in hopes that things turn out better for you.
edit on 11-9-2016 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 09:51 PM
link   

I know that feeling, some times it just feels like you aren't present, does that make sense?

Makes perfect sense to me!

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Those are beautiful Engines!

Your pictures always remind me of the special experience I had on a train as a child. I was about that same age as in my avatar or younger. My dads friend knew an Engineer that drove the Calavaras Cement Train. We got on the train somewhere in the valley, and headed up the old cement train track into the hills. When dad spotted a good place to prospect for agate ( to make jewelry) he let the Engineer know. The Engineer slowed down the train, and we jumped off.
We dug out the agates from the hillside right up until we heard the train blowing the horn for us. They again slowed down, but I remember we had to run fast and jump on. The Engineer asked that I come up to the engine. He instructed me on operation of the train , controling the speed, understanding guages, and correct horn blowing procedure for different types of intersections. He put me in the seat and put me in full control of the Engine, and the many cars full of cement it was pulling. I adjusted throttle as needed, and blew the horn at all intersections. I drove most of the way back, for many miles. It was alot of fun
I think the cars I was pulling looked like this one

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Well, I have done chosen my path for life. I'm going to live out the rest in debt in order to open a bookstore (should be within 2-3yrs tops).

Hay. Wait a minute. before I answer Is your name referring to Jean de Lattre de Tassigny?

Not really, but sort of? He is probably some sort of cousin or something (It's good to have military generals in family tree ... sort of). But a recent French ambassador to America was also a Delattre (Francois Delattre). I use the original spelling of my family name, because my current one has been butchered and changed a dozen times since my ancestors came to America in the 1600s.

And I'm not sure if we done introduced or not . . . so g'morning!

Good on Lone!

AboveBoard . . . no, you can't abandon ship, you are one of a lonely few voices of reason or at least reasonable. Are any of us truly within reason? or sane for that matter?

edit on 9112016 by JDeLattre89 because: name change

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

Childhoods memories are so wonderful. Love your new avatar, so adorable! We live near train tracks and the sound of them passing is actually comforting to me. Well, it's way up the street, not too loud or anything.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

When dad spotted a good place to prospect for agate ( to make jewelry) he let the Engineer know. The Engineer slowed down the train, and we jumped off. We dug out the agates from the hillside right up until we heard the train blowing the horn for us.

It's amazing they actually made concessions for you. The trains back home didn't really care if people hitched rides, but they were not accommodating. Good on y'alls.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star I have tracks 4 blocks from here. I like the sound at night too

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join