It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 11

page: 128
<< 125  126  127    129  130  131 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

Thank you for asking Syx, I am alive, I clocked 80 hours in the last eight days today, and when the second shift person "called" in today, I started crying. And I said NO.

This job gives a person sufficient brakes, admitted, but there is no time to take them nor people to cover when one is on a break. So twenty minutes max on a daily basis. In ten hours. This is a job where one is constantly walking and lifting.
I'm taking three days off, if they don't like it, they can shove it in to a very dark place.

Oh I forgot to say your tale had me laughing.
edit on 5-10-2016 by WalkInSilence because: phyf

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Gordi, good job with Shep's avatar!

Wis, glad you'll be taking a few days off, you need it!

Skid, hope you are safely on your journey!

Evening my Sunshines!

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Marty slowly reached forward to touch the key. As her hand touched the key a burning coldness swept up her arm. Marty quickly jerked her hand back but the aching coldness stayed with her.

What was this she had found, where had it come from, and where were all of her friends?

Previous story page: 109

Marty stepped back from the mantle, she needed to put space in-between her and that key. She needed to figure out what to do. How was she supposed to find her friends? This is where she had always come to when she needed them. If they weren’t here the pixies took care of things. Who would have thought she would have ever missed the pixies, but she did! Whenever she was unsure of anything, the pixies knew the answers. What could have been so bad that everything was gone? Marty continued walking around the different rooms. Everything looked exactly as it had when she went to sleep, except for the key in the silver box. And this coldness. This bone chill that reached all the way into your core. She was going to have to find some warmer clothes; her hands were already starting to stiffen due to the cold.

After Marty had found a couple different jackets in the front closet she was also able to find two pairs of gloves and a wooly toboggan. Once wrapped up it took the edge off but it didn’t warm her at all. The cold was more than just a temperature cold, the coldness seeped into your being.

Marty went into the Hall of Bedrooms to see if there was a new door. Had someone come to The Shed last night after she went to bed? If so this would tell her how many had come. Everyone knew that anyone who stepped into The Shed automatically had a room instantly prepared by the pixies. Marty walked down the hall but didn’t notice anything different. No one was any of the rooms right now other than the one she was staying in. Just like it had been last night. Only just like the rest of The Shed the rooms were dusty and cold. Her room was free of the cobwebs and dust that covered everything else, but the cold was there. The cold was everywhere.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Just a little humor to cover the fact that my nose is the only part that still doesn't hurt.

Any way Night my dear I am happy your tests went well.

One day we will all retire in a Shed Shelter, share long tales and sleep in. ZZZZZZzzzzzzzzz

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

Captivating story Martin!

Hello everyone! Well wishes and good mojo to all of yous Sheddies

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Oooh, Jess, good story line!!!!!

Wis, I love that idea of retiring in a shed shelter. LOL

Early for Halloween, but couldn't resist this gif!

edit on 5-10-2016 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Captivating story Martin!

Hello everyone! Well wishes and good mojo to all of yous Sheddies

Oh Jiminy, you finally showed up!!!!!! Missed you!

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   
The twilight zone is back again, because I did not see your post above mine when I was answering the others Jin! Weird! How have you been????????

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Been well, busy. Busily well! Planning our getaway for the weekend and busy with my side jobs. I saw your test came back good, that's great news. Hope you taking steps to feeling better.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Glad you are well Jiminy! Yeah, they are keeping an eye on a few things, but so far, so good. Next hurdle will be in November. I'm seeing a friend that I haven't seen in a while on Friday and then going to the Autumnfest on Saturday, so looking forward to all of that!

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   

How cool. Too bad it's not called FallFest. You'd be the guest of honor! *Snickers**Hugs* So fun catching up with old friends!

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Great Story addition Entry Jess!
Chilly feeling atmosphere You have going on there!
I love the 'feel' of it!! (MORE MORE MORE PLEASE?!?!??!)

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence
I'm laughing at that image WIS, NOT at the fact that it is prob very true... Sorry to see that You are in pain and worn out, from all the hours You have worked lately. Are You aware of the Law that is called something like, The one day off in Seven? I'll see if I can find it. It is against the law for an employer to make someone work seven straight days, let alone 14, 21, etc., without day(s) off...

Now if You volunteer for seven in a row, 14, 21, etc., I believe there is not a law that prohibits that. (But will check into it for You as well......)

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Jin Bro! How are You? I, and CC are doing well here!
Good to see You and Welcome Home!!

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

Hey Syx! I'm well, thank you. Glad to hear you and CC are well also. Grand baby keeping you busy?

Loving your new avatar! FIERCE!

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

How cool. Too bad it's not called FallFest. You'd be the guest of honor! *Snickers**Hugs* So fun catching up with old friends!

Bahahaha! I missed your little jokes. You can always make me smile or laugh. Hugs!

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 09:10 PM
link   

I try! I'm glad I'm able. *tips-hat*

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Hiya Syx! Glad you and CC are well. Hope your Grandbaby is doing great!

Just watched a good time travel movie.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Thanx on the Avatar! I like Him a lot!!
It has more of a Halloween feel to it! Still looking, (off and on that is), for one that is more Halloween. Maybe with Jack-O-Lanterns, WItches and Or Skeletons and stuff, Ya know?
You are welcome and Good that You are well!!

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Shout out to Skiddy...hope you are traveling safely and excited about your trip. We're thinking of you!

top topics

<< 125  126  127    129  130  131 >>

join