It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is everyone you disagree with, labeled a Social Justice Warrior?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Slanter

It's just another pejorative that immature people use to attempt to belittle people they disagree with.

That is incorrect, while it is a pejorative term, it isn't a "one-size-fits-all" kind of thing.

You don't refer to everyone you disagree with as a sjw. For instance, I disagree on many things with the authoritarian right, but they are not sjw's.

Imagine a young college kid, blue hair dye, piercings. Waving a copy of The Communist Manfisto as they decry the gender binary and it's evils, self-assured that they know how to quickly summarize all of mankind's problems into one contrite boogeyman...white people (and sometimes just "all men," or white people and all males interchangeably).

That is an sjw. It's critical theory with a face.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: stinkelbaum
its simply a snarl word used by far-right types, who believe they win an argument it they can crowbar it in.

This is incorrect.

It is a snarl word used by both the left and the right against the authoritarian left.

For instance, many of my leftist anarchist friends refer to tankies (left authoritarians) as sjw's. In the same sense that we refer to the right authoritarians as nazis.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

But, and I could be wrong, it feels like everyone who get's mislabeled at an SJW or a Social Justice Warrior is a liberal or Democrat? Why doesn't it swing both ways?

SJW is an insult used against the authoritarian left, we already have an insult for the authoritarian right: nazi.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   

That and She are not what a Social Justice Warrior is. A Social Justice Warrior would be Martin Luther King JR or any of the Women who fought to get the right to vote in the United States to give you two examples.

You're basically missing the whole point of the joke. You call misguided activists "social justice warriors" because of the fact that they aren't fighting for social justice, they're literally fighting for injustice.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: 3danimator2014

Are you 13 years old? This isn't reddit.

It's so easy to find the sjw's...

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordSatan

That and She are not what a Social Justice Warrior is. A Social Justice Warrior would be Martin Luther King JR or any of the Women who fought to get the right to vote in the United States to give you two examples.

You're basically missing the whole point of the joke. You call misguided activists "social justice warriors" because of the fact that they aren't fighting for social justice, they're literally fighting for injustice.

Oh! It's a joke! Hmmmm

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   

HOW I DEFINE SJW:

That is absolutely PERFECT.....

My daughter is a prime example.

She identifies herself as a "bisexual" for example, even though she's never had any sexual experience with a female.
So any issue for the gay community, she goes ape# on....

Likewise, she quickly leaps to the "oh, they aren't white, so must be victims" train before learning the facts of a given case.

The funny part, is that they accuse non-SJW's of being violent animals, and uncultured....while they are the ones foaming at the mouth in their arguments. I can't even have a discussion with her on these issues, where I never even raise my voice, without her going nuts and invariably storming off...because that's the way to win a debate for them...apparently.

And I'm actually a pretty liberal conservative. I am cool with gay marriage. I am cool with a woman's right to choose. I am cool with a dude wearing a dress and wanting to act like a lady (just don't expect any special legislation to cover it....you want to really be legally a lady or dude, better commit to the op buddy...or ma'am).....
edit on 13-9-2016 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-9-2016 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join