It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Terraced Features on Mars Reminiscent of Megalithic Structures

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 02:28 AM
link   
a reply to: jeep3r

Bookmarking for serious study later, luv your avatar, Awesome
S F

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 03:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: wildespace
Looks like lava that got crystalised as it cooled, or perhaps fractured as it did so. Definitely reminds me of Giant's Causeway.

However... it might be just dark streaks and splotches in a pattern on the ground, similar to many other splotched areas nearby. That MOC image definitely makes it look like dark streaks (created by CO2 sublimation, which exposes dark soil underneath).

About 50km to the north-east, there's a HiRISE image called "Starfish" showing exposed dark soil in a similar fashion although without the geometric alignment, so you may be right about CO2 sublimation:

Clicke for large image

If the image above is any indication, then we might have found the reason for the dark areas. What's still missing is a good geological explanation for the rectangular patterns of the exposed soil

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 07:27 AM
link   
I fully believe we are being lied to about civilisation on Mars. Just look at this excellent image taken by the European Space Agency of Hale crater (merely zoomed in and contrast adjusted) presented by the amazing JP Skipper...

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: kuraijanai2013
Why would such images even be released if they wanted to hide and lie about those (alleged) structures? Hiding it officially, but letting some armchair "experts" arrive at the truth? Pretty lousy job a hiding something, if you ask me.

P.S. an excellent image? Excuse me while I'm laughing. It's one of the most low-res, pixellated, artifact-ridden image I've ever seen.
edit on 10-9-2016 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: 0bserver1

I remember those crystals found , I believe it was Mexico where they found crystals the size of small bridges . The cave climbers walked over like 40m crystal bridges of various colors

So now there are incredibly humid & hot caves on Mars? Did you bother to even glance over the conditions of the crystal caves in Mexico? Many of the caves are too hot for humans to stay in longer than a few moments, and incredibly humid.

The absurdity people use to try and eliminate any unnatural formations in outer space is quite bizarre. We know that Mars once had a climate/habitat similar to Earth, we have legends and stories of an ancient civilization and the destruction thereof, of a civilization which could easily have come from Mars.

We also have Martian meteorites found all across the Earth, some of sizes that make it very unlikely they found their way here by natural means, plus we have a planet covered/saturated in Iron Oxide (rust).

It's about every single condition you might expect from a planet they may have hosted an ancient, ancient, ancient civilization (we could be talking millions to billions of years)...

What would Earth look like hundreds of thousands to millions of years after a catastrophic end of civilization and life as we know it? Well, I would think most of our metal (which is everywhere) would eventually reduce itself to rust (ding ding), we'd have ruins of unnatural objects (large and small) everywhere --ding ding, and there might be signs of catastrophic scarring across the planet (ding ding)

The fact that NASA has a history of Military authority over it (slowly changed as powers/operations were moved to private sector), that other private sector corporations get roped into the "national security".... initiatives. see: Bigelow, who basically spent his entire fortune to create an aerospace company hoping to learn the secrets of the MIC (later given security clearance---and he funded/fuds MUFON, who also had top execs going through security clearance)...

Everything you'd expect to find, (if they were indeed, ignoring or covering up evidence of past histories on Mars) we can find in our history of spaceflight/exploration.

It's very easy to ignore, look-over, shoot-down a single or even a few formations on Mars, but when we find them on nearly every corner of the planet, and NASA seems to just ignore them, something seems seriously wrong.

To understand the impact this had via the media, and CIA control over the media & other establishments, this video is a very worthy watch.

After Gardner's book came out, eventually CSICOP formed. The book by Gardner laid the framework, then CSICOP carried out the effort. James Randi often used "plants" to "prove" some kind of supernatural fraud. Like Uri Geller. Perfect example. Geller, a CIA/Mossad asset, was paraded around by Randi while he "proved" Geller's spoon-bending was fraud.

Now how does one prove fraud with fraud? Well, they don't. And its under that realization that one has to reassess their entire worldview when it comes to just about every supernatural influence in this world. There are people who have conspired to change the very nature and the very structure of human thought, to shape our worldview, and they've even tricked a number of critical thinkers to abandon critical thought (while using it as a guise), and in this they've justified and encouraged straight up ad hominem attacks, suddenly approving pejorative terms, "crackpot", "crank", "quack", etc.

It's quite bizarre once you track down the evolution of the effort. It's bizarre thy thought they could get away with it, it's bizarre how we've fallen for it. The most obvious question then becomes...."why?"

...and the obvious answer can be seen in the change you find in the personality you know as Boncho. Once you break someone's worldview, they then have to reassess everything within that worldview.

There's a study done on this from the 60s, they concluded that civilizations would implode or have imploded throughout history once a worldview was shattered. Many think that's the "why", it may be a slight portion of it, but intuition tells me its larger.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: boncho

Oh I didn't know I said something offending, it's only that someone else replied that maybe they're crystals and that the OP asked are there crystals known that big ,so I only presented this option..

And those crystals in Mexico, I don't know much about them technically, but when I saw those for the first time I was amazed by its beauty, to be like the real life cryptonite. ..

By all means I'm a firm believer when it comes to ancient civilizations on Mars , it could just be that we are looking at an ancient colony, but hey we can't say for sure don't we ?
edit on 0b25America/ChicagoSat, 10 Sep 2016 19:43:25 -0500vAmerica/ChicagoSat, 10 Sep 2016 19:43:25 -05001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 12:10 AM
link   
a reply to: 0bserver1
You'd be amazed at how little it takes to rile up some antimainstreamer. Mention something normal or well-documented, and be replied to with a tirade that makes you go "huh?"

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 12:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: boncho
The absurdity people use to try and eliminate any unnatural formations in outer space is quite bizarre.

The absurdity is in looking at a low-rez, pixellated image full of image artifacts, and saying "that's an artificial structure, built by an ancient martian civilisation". There's a good saying that extraordinary statements require extraordinary proof, and that's definitely the case here.

True, Mars had a very earth-like environment all those billions of years ago... but that didn't last very long. Mars lost its global magnetic field and most of its atmosphere pretty soon in its existence. And, if we go by the history of life on Earth, even simple microbial life takes several billions of years to appear and evolve into mulicellar organisms. We'd be lucky to find some fossilised microbes on Mars, if any at all.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 01:32 AM
link   
a reply to: wildespace

Ah well maybe a bad day we all sometimes have ,I'll forgive him..

edit on 0b09America/ChicagoSun, 11 Sep 2016 02:29:09 -0500vAmerica/ChicagoSun, 11 Sep 2016 02:29:09 -05001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Hi hope you don't mind my joining in I'm just wondering why if it was a natural occurrence .would it only be in one place not all over?

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 10:55 PM
link   
This remminds me of Bimini Road.

The op pics show a terraced surrounding which looks like slow water erosion.

The area you are pinpointing looks to be in an area of different incline and depth. The erosion differences between the surounding areas could possibly have "biminized" that area?

B

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

yeh I was just about to say the same thing !

Could be a massive deposit of natural minerals

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Dimensions of the anomalous features on Mars preclude a successful mineral deposit mimicking.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Your perception of these being of such low quality that LARGE agglomerations of anomalies can not be recognized as potential signs of artificiality is incorrect. What I recall is that computerized analysis of these images is adequate for identifying many different features and the subsequent impressions drawn.
Otherwise why do it?
Once the transom is crossed (Personal moments of fully certified weirdness.), the door opens to permitting your eye to see more of what is actually present, No one states that this info is conclusive except the deniers.
Those of us who have had that transition do not, in the main, leap into reflexive belief.
As to the quality of these images, do you have better? You make your pre-conceptions apparent with info you don't trust?
Explain that if you can?
It would be interesting to see how you fit those items into a fully realized position.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Donnasant

Hi hope you don't mind my joining in I'm just wondering why if it was a natural occurrence .would it only be in one place not all over?

Good point, and that's one of the strange things about the area shown in the OP. We can see that some of the nearby terrain is patterned or fractured as seen below (higher resolution than the OP image, although a different area):

Click for large image

It's not necessarily the best comparison because when viewed at lower resolution (like the image of the OP) this location doesn't show the same regular features.

But perhaps the fractured ground has something to do with it? It also seems that those areas that show dark spots (likely CO2 sublimation) are also depressions/lower terrain. But all that doesn't explain why the geometry seems so "pronounced" in the OP image within such a confined area... so I guess it remains a mystery until we get better imagery.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: jeep3r

Actually, I think the first image would be a pretty good fit. Does anybody have an idea whether those crystals can grow to a scale of about 80-120m (that's roughly what I estimated to be the average base-length of the rectangular features in the OP)?

Perhaps it's impact ejecta in crystalline form? MRO CRISM is capabale of analyzing the mineral composition on the surface if I'm not mistaken, I think there are a few CRISM footprints available for that area.

There's no limit on the size that crystals can grow. On Earth there are giant crystal caves:

kcstories.wordpress.com...

Some old stars have crystallised cores made of pure diamond caused from the cooling of carbon at high temperatures.

Interesting that there seems to be a rough boulder or sinkhole in a flat plain on the first picture.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: largo
Your perception of these being of such low quality that LARGE agglomerations of anomalies can not be recognized as potential signs of artificiality is incorrect. What I recall is that computerized analysis of these images is adequate for identifying many different features and the subsequent impressions drawn.

Computerised analysis successfully identifying artificial stuctures on another planet using low-res, pixellated images full of compression artifacts? If only life was so simple...

Once the transom is crossed (Personal moments of fully certified weirdness.), the door opens to permitting your eye to see more of what is actually present

What the eye (or rather, your brain) sees isn't necessarily the reality.

As to the quality of these images, do you have better?

Give me the coordinates for the area covered by any image, and I'll give you high-res images from HiRISE camera (where possible) or from CTX camera.

For example, where exactly on Mars is this image?

The poster stated it's in Hale crater, so I'll have a look later today, but in the image itself I see just a hint of the terrain, and a whole bunch of jpeg artifacts.

P.S. ok, I found that particular area, and here's one image from CTX camera (at around 5 meters/pixel) covering it: viewer.mars.asu.edu...=P05_002787_1441_XN_35S036W&T=2

And here's a HiRISE image of that area: hirise.lpl.arizona.edu...

I see nothing but the natural martian terrain.
edit on 14-9-2016 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   

That's because the image I used was from the European probe and not the NASA one...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join