It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Trump Outlines New Civil Rights Agenda

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Guess I missed this..........
www.donaldjtrump.com...
“In his remarks today, Donald Trump called for a new civil rights agenda that includes the right to a safe community, the right to a great education and the right to a secure job. These civil rights are in addition to the fundamental, constitutional civil rights of our society and the absolute commitment to equal protection, ending discrimination and safeguarding the dignity of all citizens - and that includes their inviolable freedoms and liberties. Mr. Trump will also defend our religious freedoms, and the freedom of Americans from all communities to worship in peace.” – Pastor Darrell Scott

A chicken in every pot?

These are pretty specific
I thought these issues would get more attention
edit on 9.9.2016 by Kandinsky because: Edited title because members aren't deaf (no caps lock)

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Sounds like the typical run of the mill type of political campaign promises that we've all heard over and over again.

Just my opinion - I don't buy a word of it.

But because it's Trump he clearly couldn't be lieing and/or telling people what they want to hear.

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Rights are not making someone else responsible for giving you things (like a job).

When you examine rights in the constitution....please note that all of them entail other people not taking an action.

The right to be free... that merely involves other people not laying their hands on you and making you a slave (other than due process of course).

etc etc etc

If Trump is planning on giving these things to people, who will he make responsible for giving them to you. Isn't that making other people a slave to your desires?

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Trump's outreach to minorities won't get much reaction from the left or MSM unless it can be negatively spun. Minorities have been in the pockets of democrats for decades and their lives are only getting worse as far as the inner city black communities go. Nothing makes the left more mad than someone on the right trying to work with minorities because rich elites like Hillary Clinton and others think they own these minorities.

I just hope Trump doesn't take this so far that he jumps the track he's aiming for and lands back on the existing track due to pushing out even more giveaways that are handed out in a different manner, in his attempt to make their lives better. There HAS to be an incentive to look for work and hold a job. Without that, minorities will continue to be in the same spot the democrats have put and left them in.

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Reuter's is sure to pull the plug from any reporting on this one, just like that black pastor who was about to plant blessings onto the Donald when whoops a Reuters guy cut the power.

The Trump Train is right on track.

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire
Sounds like the typical run of the mill type of political campaign promises that we've all heard over and over again.

But because it's Trump he clearly couldn't be lieing and/or telling people what they want to hear.

Why not give him a chance? We know the democrats will offer the same thing they offer every year, and that has done jack smack to better the lives of the majority of minorities. If Obama didn't do it in his first term with an all democratic Congress, Hillary definitely won't do it.

link   
What about the right to a hot wife...

While we're wishing for stuff.

link   

I thought you got the memo.

Trump lies.

Only the Sainted Queen Hillary The Honest ever tells the truth.

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408

Why not give him a chance? We know the democrats will offer the same thing they offer every year, and that has done jack smack to better the lives of the majority of minorities. If Obama didn't do it in his first term with an all democratic Congress, Hillary definitely won't do it.

I'm quite aware, I'm not a Democrat nor do I support them. I also was and am vehement in my stances of not being an Obummer supporter, either. As for Hillary? Lol. She makes me incredibly angry, believe me. I don't trust Trump either though.

No president in the previous two decades have done much to help the lives of ordinary, average, working Americans? Don't believe me? Then what's all this talk of "make America great again," then?

It is literally Hope & Change 2.0, imo, and I'm just not buying it. I'm not buying into that Trump is an "outsider." I'm not buying that he is going to "shake things up." I am not DENYING that he COULD be better than Hillary - but me personally?

I could never bring myself to vote for either of those clowns.

I'm not buying the BS rhetoric that "this time, it'll be different!," regarding the (s)election process in America. I've heard it said over and over, and here we are.

If my fears are completely misguided and unfounded then sobeit - but what if they aren't?

This is the thing many Trump supporters can't seem to fathom. They're so obsessed with anything not Hillary that they refuse to look at the possibilities and cons of a Trump presidency.

As far as I'm concerned, they both stand for the status-quo. They both lie unequivocally and without remorse, and in my opinion both represent facets of American greed and oligarchy that has no place in the lives of us ordinary Americans.

Just my two cents.

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   

I have a hard time believing anyone on the campaign trail as well. Politicians have more to gain from an impoverished populous that require more government over site and assistance. Thus ensuring their jobs well into the future. Both sides play this game. But I believe it is different in regards to Trump because he has made most of his money off the private free market. Therefor he is not beholden to anyone other than the ones that will put him in office.

Even if his motives are purely self driven. He still supports the system of free markets and capitalism that I and most private citizens rely on to for income and survival. Either way it's a win win for the average tax payer.

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408

Trump's outreach to minorities won't get much reaction from the left or MSM unless it can be negatively spun. Minorities have been in the pockets of democrats for decades

Do you not realize that you essentially just said:

"Trump's outreach to minorities won't get much attention because minorities can't think for themselves"

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   
If you believe this, I have a mountain home in Florida I'll sell you. Cheap

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

glad someone asked for that! that should be mandatory!

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: TiredofControlFreaks

I don't think he is talking about rights in a strict sense. Trump tends to speak in the vernacular.

He does make a distinction between 'rights' and 'Constitutional rights,' and I consider that significant. While it might not be exactly accurate to describe a good job as a right, in the vernacular that can be taken to mean he wants to give them an opportunity to have a good job, where they now have little to no such opportunity. I do not consider that a bad thing.

The problems associated with Trump stem back to his penchant to say things in plain language, as opposed to speaking in a highly charged and overly specific political language. Thinking about his remarks politically would make me cringe, but thinking about them as though I were talking to a regular person makes me realize what his intent is. I think that's his appeal, and his detractors' error. People know what he means, and resent someone trying to put words in his mouth.

It's like his statement in that Detroit church... we've had enough of people talking at us; he wants to talk with us. Politicians talk at us, using flowery language to make us think we know what their intent is. We've had that happen for so long we're used to it. Trump is coming down to our level and talking plainly... it may not be exact, but it is real (I hope).

Examples: barring all 'Muslims' from entering the US "until our leaders can figure out what the *bleep* is going on." If you consider that 'Muslim' in the vernacular can refer to a religion, a culture, or an inhabitant of a geographic area, it makes perfect sense in light of recent terrorist activities to bar those immigrants from the associated culture unless we can verify they are not terrorists. In the vernacular, it doesn't necessarily include American citizens, and doesn't necessarily indicate the religion.

"They're not sending their best; they're sending murderers, rapists, and I assume some are good people." Anyone who heard that from a normal person would take it as some Mexican immigrants have committed horrible crimes and that fact is a problem. Only in politics would anyone assume a hatred for all Mexicans.

I once heard Kenneth Copeland talking about how to read the Bible. He said people shouldn't read it like some Holy Scripture and instead read it like we would a newspaper. It works; I began to understand the meaning behind the words and everything began to make sense. Maybe we should stop analyzing every word and start listening to the message.

We certainly couldn't be in worse shape than what we've been doing.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
Do you not realize that you essentially just said:

"Trump's outreach to minorities won't get much attention because minorities can't think for themselves"

After overlapping generations of social engineering propaganda, hardly anybody can. Especially NOT the people who beLIEve in the MSM, the .gov and so on. In particular when its stuff the MSM etc are still actively spinning.

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I thought you got the memo.

Trump lies.

Only the Sainted Queen Hillary The Honest ever tells the truth.

Both are liars but dare I say Trump lies more often. Trump is a liar and deflecting to Hillary doesn't change the fact the fact Trump is a YUGE liar.

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Literally none of those are rights, they are wants that people are stupid enough to buy.

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

You're right, trump may lie more often, but he doesn't lie under oath.

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   

So he is going dismantle gangs with his 'team'... Man I'm sure glad we have Donald and those kind of out if the box ideas. Who knew it was so simple!

We cannot solve poverty if we don’t also solve crime

Or you can't solve crime till you solve poverty.. crazy how less crime happens where less poverty exists.

The failed government education monopoly discriminates against students in the inner cities by denying them the choice they deserve.

What? How has the gov denied the inner cities of their choice of schools?

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

No president in living memory was worth two tugs of a dead dogs tail for the people. All of them helped set up the parlous circumstances you all find yourselves in today, especially those who made war on nations without due cause, had their secret services destabilise regions so that American companies could profit in them, thusly making enemies to the south, and way out east.

Frankly, the executive branch and the heads of every appendage of your government for the last forty years need a swift kicking.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join