It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many new Trump voters?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I want this to be an honest topic.

If you were undecided and recently decided to vote Trump within the last 60-30 days; I'd like to hear from you.

What party are you?
What made you decide to vote for him?
Did you switch from another candidate?

If you've been supporting him for months, please keep from responding.

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: xstealth

I recently switched to Trump.

Formerly I was a Johnson supporter but his views on a lot of things lately have left me questioning his motives.

And I would never vote for hillary or stein.

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: rockintitz

I'm a Trump supporter, but why wouldn't you vote for Stein? I don't know enough about her.

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: ksiezyc

Don't get me wrong, there's things I agree with her on. And she's a damn sight better than hillary.

She's big gov all the way. Anti-free market. And the economy is my #1 issue when it comes to voting. I believe she has good intentions, she's just woefully misinformed.

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: ksiezyc

I'm a Trump supporter, but why wouldn't you vote for Stein? I don't know enough about her.

She is far far left.

I remember she criticized Republicans for being anti-Abortion and said "You don't have a problem with capital punishment, but you have a problem with a woman's right to choose"

I thought that was an absolutely stupid statement, comparing murderers to unborn babies.

I don't think she would even get many votes from centrists, just ex-bernouts.

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Ah ok well thanks for informing me.

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I'm not one hundred percent in Trumps camp yet. In fact I never will support Trump. I may, however, give him my vote, but only because I'm in a swing state. I want to vote Stein. But I'm more anti-Hillary than I am pro Stein. I absolutely despise voting against a candidate, especially when there is one I can vote for, but Hillary is an exception. I started as a Bernie supporter, I was never a Hillary supporter, I was Anti Bush both terms, and pro-Obama his first term, and refused to vote in the last election. When Bernie lost due to what we all know was BS I moved to Stein. I was very vocally against voting for Hillary or Trump in fact my signature still reflects that belief, but even then I hated Hillary more for obvious reasons. As time went on Hillary's actions became more detestable as more of her lies and criminal behavior became exposed. It became obvious to me the laws were being applied differently to her than everyone else, and she is being given a free pass. As times goes on, more and more is exposed, and still, free pass. This is something I cannot just sit back and watch happen without trying to do something.

That being said, some activities have made voting for Trump something I can better stomach.

Louisiana was a big one. Trump stepped up, but that alone wasn't it. It was the venom and bile thrown his way for doing a good thing that turned me even more away from Hillary. It's bad enough Hillary is the monster she is, but to have her supporters show themselves to be just as bad by making it all about Trump "pandering" rather than about the people in need. At least he did something to help. Something their candidate couldn't be bothered with at all. It was disgusting. We should have all been united in concern for the people of Louisiana. This was a time to put the bipartisan BS aside. Instead everyone went immediately on the attack when the only appropriate response was an immediate show of unity. If Hillary and her people had gone the way of support and unity for a people in need. This one wouldn't even be here.

Trump is out talking to the people. I may not agree with his message, but at least he's taking the time to put himself out there. He's got a jammed packed schedule, and it includes more than ten minutes at a time too. I've listened to a few of his rally's and while as I said I don't agree with everything he says, he seems to stay mostly on policy. Yeah some anti-Hillary stuff shows up along with some anti-Obama, but for the most part seems pretty minimal. He also tends to talk more about what he intends to do, and less about silly conspiracies. A candidate that's willing to put themselves out there and talk to us will always have more of my respect than someone who hides away from us, can't give us more than 10 minutes, and throws all their money at attacks adds.
edit on 9/9/2016 by Puppylove because: grammar and spelling

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: xstealth

Not part of a party

Hillary will win if Trump doesn't

I switched from Bernie Sanders after the DNC leaks and Hillary received the nomination.

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

Well said.

I was in a similar boat as you. After the past few months, I can say I will now be voting Trump. He is not a perfect man by any stretch of the imagination, but he is a person who I really think wants to help out and make things better.

Look at it this way. There have only been a handful of presidents where if they became president, they would actually worsen their financial situation. Trump would be one of those presidents. He is putting himself in a position to be worse off than if he was to stay put.

Just a random thought about his integrity and sacrifice. He is sacrificing a lot, and I think that should count for something.

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I am still undecided as to who to vote for. I'd like to vote for a third party and had hoped one of them would brake out; but that is looking less and less likely.

So more and more likely it seems I will be voting for Trump. He is the single biggest hope of disrupting the current political status quo we have.
edit on 9-9-2016 by DanDanDat because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join