It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Sworn In On Mason's Bible?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 04:59 PM
link   
weeeeeeeeeeellllllllllllllllll there is no way to insure the truth is being told by people who dont believe they'll be spawned to hell. Look at O.J. i mean im an aithiest and i kinda get pissed off when seperation of church and state isnt as noticed as much as should

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 05:11 PM
link   
No, not quite so. We Masons take care of our Bibles well! The Lodge that owned it then, still does!

For further information try this LINK!

The reason why the Constitution document is falling apart is that it was posted in the open for a period of time, and handled too much.

Originally posted by Prince_Machiavelli
Must be copy of Washington's Bible because it would have fallen apart by now, even with the best of curators. Our constitution is sealed in a air-tight glass case in darkness because it is falling apart.

[edit on 22-1-2005 by davidg]

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 06:26 PM
link   
WHY AND HOW DID THE AMERICAN PEOPLE RE-ELECT BUSH?

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by freudling

Well, because we thought he was the best man for the job and we went to the ballot box and said so! Not too difficult of a concept actually!

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by freudling

proof that people are getting dumber. And its mostly us americans

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 10:30 AM
link   
The Bible that we are talking about here is just an ordinary King James translation of the Bible that was and is owned by the St. John's Lodge #1 of the Free and Accepted Masons in NYC. When George Washington was to be sworn in as President it was common practice for the person to have their right hand on the bible as a sign of fidelity. It was found that whoever was supposed to bring a Bible had forgotten it, however that Masonic Lodge met just down the street, and since the Master of that Lodge was present, they sent someone to go and bring it over.

Occasionally you will have someone call "Morals and Dogma" by Albert Pike, the Masonic Bible. This is misleading and wrong and is commonly done only by ignorant folk too lazy to check their misconceptions.

Originally posted by sigung86
Just a point of curiosity... What is a Mason's Bible?

Thanks...

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 11:52 PM
link   

How is swearing on a Bible establishing a Government religion?

re·li·gion ( P ) Pronunciation Key (r-ljn)
n.

Belief in and reverence for a supernatural power or powers regarded as creator and governor of the universe.
A personal or institutionalized system grounded in such belief and worship.
The life or condition of a person in a religious order.
A set of beliefs, values, and practices based on the teachings of a spiritual leader.
A cause, principle, or activity pursued with zeal or conscientious devotion.

dictionary.reference.com...

Government is a religion. You put your faith in fellow man, in humanity, hoping he will help you in times of need and keep you safe. Then you get countries such as USA or the old USSR, and you become slaves to them anyway. People should realize never to place their faith in man because man is a part of the universe. Man is finite.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Sorry to go off thread slightly but how can the man have the nerve to place his hand on the Bible and swear anything since he is so pro-war and pro-killing?

Back to thread....

Maybe the Bush family Bible is a Masonic Bible!

He's such an act that it might not have been a Bible at all....

It was probably a copy of "How to Win Friends and Influence People".

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc
What does swearing on a bible have to do with being in elected official?

A jew would not be required to swear in on a christian bible, neither would a muslim. They'd be permited to use their own holy books. Its a tradition. Have a person swear on something absolutely vital to them.

I follow no religion, does that mean I would still need to swear on a bible at my inauguration?

Of course not, since its not a requirement. Its just a ceremony.

Has any president not done this?

I'd be incredibly surprised if any ever didn't.

PM
It[non christian pres] could happen in about 150 years, just not in present time.

Lieberman was of course, a jew, and he practically made it to the executive branch. A jewish president is no more unthinkable today than a catholic president was shortly before kennedy was elected. Kennedy, of course, faced some opposition, people thought he'd be controled by the pope. A jew or atheist might conceivably get elected.

[edit on 25-1-2005 by Nygdan]

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 09:28 AM
link   
11:56am, hmmmmm 11/11

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 09:55 AM
link   
there is no such thing as a mason bible, we use any bible and open to book of psalms chp 133

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE HORNS
there is no such thing as a mason bible, we use any bible and open to book of psalms chp 133

PHeweee! Thanks... I was beginning to get worried thinking that there was one more Bible that I didn't know about.

So, then, in other words. This hoopterah is about folks being upset that El Presidenté swore on a Bible and not a Mason Bible. I would assume, this being America, and all, that His Royal Flatulance can swear on whatever he wants to and it is, once more, from up here on the Mountain, much ado about nothing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join