It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let me start by saying...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   
...I don't believe in ghosts.

This was about twenty years ago.

I had no recent sickness or injury when this happened. I was a healthy young person and my brain was certainly not addled by drugs.

I was visiting family at a very old house near Purcellville, Virginia. After dinner we stayed up late watching tv and then I had gone to bed.

I remember the moonlight coming in through the window, and being able to see the foot of the bed, the windowsill, the small bureau near the window, etc.

I drifted off.

Sometime in the night I was awakened. There was an intense buzzing in my ears. It seemed to be coming from the centre of my head. The room was absolutely black, although I could see my hand when I held it up. I could no longer make out the end of the bed like before. I couldn't see the window or any of the furniture.

Then I heard someone walk into the room (it was a small bedroom and the door was near where I lay my head). I remember it was the sound of legs swishing under several layers of cloth as they walked. None of the women in my family went about in slips and heavy skirts or dresses. They wore jeans and tshirts. So I don't know who this was.

They stopped just a few steps into the room, right beside my bed. Thinking someone was trying to give me a scare, I punched into the darkness where I thought a hip or a thigh might be. There was nothing there.

Being more than a little scared at this point and not knowing what else to do, I just lay back in the bed and recited the Lord's Prayer. Soon after that the buzzing in my head abated and the moonlight crept back into the room. I could make it the foot of the bed again as well as the furniture.

It is the most peculiar thing that has ever happened to me.

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: olddognewtricks

Sounds like it could have a logical medical explanation (auditory hallucinations?), but I would err on the side of supernatural entity, based on what you're describing.

It's nice to hear reciting the Lord's Prayer seemed to helped. It has certainly helped me feel better in times of worry or fear.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 04:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: olddognewtricks
There was an intense buzzing in my ears. It seemed to be coming from the centre of my head..

..Soon after that the buzzing in my head abated..

That sounds to me more like you may have had an OOBE. If you are not familiar with that, maybe check some threads here, there is tons of them, and see if any of that sounds similar to what you experienced.

new topics

join