It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are these the skulls of ancient 'gods'

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by technicus
I too have a hard time swallowing most of the bible, with the exception of some of Genesis. That being said, I do believe that some of Genesis to be true, but the social interpretations are WAAAAAYY off. Earth wasn't created in 7 days.
Your right. Earth was not created in 7 days. It was created in 2 1/2 days. On the third day God created dry land and then plants and then continued to create animals on the earth.

It is said in the bible that the sons of god took the daughters of man and had children.
Please provide the verse.

It also mentions that at the time of genesis, the Nephilim were also on the earth.
Again, please provide verse

Then there are issues of a perfect god showing all-to-human traits such as jealousy/envy, anger/hatred
Please provide the verse for jealousy and envy. God was never hateful(to my knowledge) but was only angry. He was only angry when he told someone to do something and they didn't. When he destroyed a person or a group of people it was usually because he had told them(through a prophet) that they lived sinfully and if they did not repent he would destroy them, and when the didn't repent he would destroy them.

not to mention that if the god of genesis is omniscient then he would have known Adam and Eve would have eaten the apple and why punish someone for something you knew they would do in the first place. Pure idiocy in my eyes.
Well, God understands something you don't. Cause and effect. God put the tree with the forbidden fruit in the graden because He knew that Adam and Eve would take the fruit. He knew he had a choice, to put the tree there or not, and he knew that that choice would effect all other choices. Its like this, when you throw a ball straight in front of you it curves down and hits the ground. That is what God was doing. He made that choice so that the earths history would curve the way it has and would hit the ground in exactly the place he wants it too. He made the choice to throw the ball that way so we could experance Heaven. So that we could become saved and join Him in eternal life in Heaven.

P.S. And to all you Hellfire and Brimstone freaks out there, yeah, I know, I am going to hell.
Not if I can help it. I hope my post will help you find God and lead others to him as well.

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Oh, I full well understand cause and effect. But understand this, if Adam and Eve did not know good from evil until they had eaten the apple, then they had the mind of children when god told them not to eat it. If this is the case, just as the examples I had given, they were children left to their own machinations and then you throw in temptation from outside forces, still not kowing any better since they had NO knowledge of good and evil, they succumbed to temptation. If god knew this (just as a parent would know their children would eat the cake) to punish them for this is idiocy. To create something imperfect, knowing it is imperfect, then to punish it for being imperfect is idiotic and sadistic. I see no love in this. Not to mention punishing the unborn for their parents'/ancestors' sins.

And to argue semantics of 7 days vs 2 1/2 days, I mean come on.

As for the verses of genesis where it mentions the Sons of God and the Nephilim, Genesis 6 speaks pretty much only of it.

And for you not to know of the quotes where god himself says "I am a jealous god..." Most bibles will have, it is when he is speaking to moses about the worshipping other gods. Though I have found quite a few have begun to twist the words or leave them out entirely.

And lets make this clear, neither you nor anyone else will help me find your god. I started out believing in it, but then I grew up and saw it for what it really was. I have developed my own views based on "sins", "virtues", deeds and experience. If other people had the intellect and ability to read the bible without being blindfolded by blind faith. Wonderful quote, believe only 10% of what you hear (or maybe a quarter of what you are told) and half of what you see and take nothing at face value. Question everything you know, or thought you knew. Or something like that...

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 06:41 PM
link   
i started my own thread not noticing this one so heres some pics

and heres a pic of Akhenaten... checkout the heads..

Statue of Nefertiti

alien or not, theres some big brains! and we wonder how and why they built
stuff so huge?

(edit to fix photo link)

[edit on 063131p://46036 by info_junkee]

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 06:45 PM
link   
the skullz eatz babiez babiez babiez

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Yup, those skulls are too big anyway for skull binding to be an explanation. Perhaps they really aren't deformed, but normal skulls for those particular beings.

Troy

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 11:54 AM
link   
If god knew that Adam and Eve would eat the apple. And that it was intended as part of his whole plan. A plan that involves the coming of Jesus. Then the question comes, do we have free will? Did god give us free will? If god knew that Adam and Eve would eat the apple, it does not appear that he gave them free will to choose.

It's been said many times before, that maybe our existence is a little of both. A little bit planned out and a little bit of our own making. Maybe it is, maybe it isn't.

I'm don't appreciate people using the bible to claim god's intentions. It is a book written by men and women. Mere mortals without any more of a connection to gods or goddesses than the rest of us. At least there isn't any proof of that they are not. I think it's a bit arrogant for someone to claim such a thing as being closer to god or knowing who are the true prophets.

Here's a favorite quote of mine from the Apocryphal bible. That means it was left out from the old testament bible we know today. I speculate it was left out because Fundamentalist types did not like it. Here it is.

"You cannot plumb the depths of the human heart, nor find out what a man is thinking; How do you expect to search out god, who made all these things, and find out his mind and comprehend his thoughts?"  -Judith

[edit on 30-12-2005 by Gear_]

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Concerning the "alien" skulls. Where is the dna evidence? Until there is something akin to dna evidence, it is best to keep a clear head about them being alien skulls. For one thing, there is absolutely no evidence of extraterrstrials having ever been to our planet. There is no tangible evidence of this. Why would one put too much stock into a theory for which there is not at least some kind of precedence of tangible proof? I believe there are intelligent being out there. There just isn't any tangible proof of it.

Judging by the appearance of the skulls. Why would one think they looked like alien skulls? What does a space alien look like? There is a collection of reports from people claiming to have seen space aliens. From at least since the 70's, the betty and barney hill story of the grays. There has been a preponderance of reports of little gray people with large eyes, large domes and small mouths and noses. It has been noted that these alien faces resemble our own skulls to some degree. That subconciously we find the human skull image frightening and we have placed it onto imaginary alien faces.

My point is that some people think the ancient skulls are alien skulls because they resemble the "popular" description of alien anatomy. When in fact a normal human skull resembles the popular fiction of an alien skull.

A couple problems. I have never read an description of a space alien with elongated heads. They all had large round heads and small bodies. Other descriptions of space aliens have them looking like typical humans(see billy meier). The rest range from a wide assortment of strange beings. Why are the "gray" aliens the primary concept of how an alien looks?

We should first establish with solid evidence that the reports of aliens are in fact true reports of actual encounters. None of these cases has borne any hard tangible evidence. All you are left with are stories. Stories and no hard evidence do not make a case for alien visits. They don't make a case for the appearance of the aliens. (space aliens may in fact look nothing like the popular depictions of them). Stories do not make a case that elongated ancient skulls are hybrids of humans and space aliens.

Infant skulls can be shaped with binding. This is a fact. Space aliens although possibly true are pure speculation without a shred of evidence. I do enjoy the fantasy of the skulls being related to space aliens. And I hope there is someday a fantastic revelation of such things in our future. But for the time being, until there is some kind of conclusive, hard, tangible evidence of aliens and what they looked like. The best thing is to keep a rational, reasonable perspective and assume something like binding is the likely explanation.

Pre-historic surgery on live humans is accepted to be a fact. This does not have to have alien intervention for this to be true. The ancient roman doctor Galen performed brain surgery. It wasn't always successful but it was surgery on the skull.

I do find the mystery of why these ancient people thought that elongated heads were special very interesting. I think we don't give ancient people enough credit for how smart they were. I think these people appreciated intelligence just as we do. Ancient people were incredibly smart. There is the concept that large heads equals large intelligence. If you read a little about head size and intelligence, you find that this idea has been going on for many, many years. Why wouldn't these ancient people be thinking the same thing about head size and intelligence?

By the way, if the elongated skulls are hybrids between aliens and humans. What happened to the genes that create such skulls? Why aren't there people with skulls like that anymore?

Sorry for going on so long. It's my day off and I'm enjoying it.

[edit on 30-12-2005 by Gear_]

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 07:15 PM
link   
The elongated skulls are interesting. Perhaps they are another form of human beings. Recently, in Indonesia I believe, they have discovered what may have been a race of small people that existed 13,000 years ago. The debate still rages on about this.

If it turns out that the elongated skulls are a died out species of intelligent primates like ourselves. Assuming that they are the product of a hybrid of space aliens and human beings is still a huge leap.

Neadertal man has been shown to be by some research to be a genetically different human species. They could not interbreed with us. Yet they were highly intelligent and they died off approximately 30,000 years ago. Or, we killed them off.

Hopefully, scientific and dna research will tell us the answers.

We may find that someday that we are the children of aliens and that they look exactly like us.

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 07:36 PM
link   
2 interesting web sites about modern shaping of infant skulls.

archfami.ama-assn.org...

quote from above site "ETHNOGRAPHIC DATA:
All the interviewees said that the reasons they had molded their infants' heads or had heard that women molded infants' heads to change their shape were (1) beauty, (2) health, or (3) intelligence." Another mention is made in the article saying that the skulls were shaped to indicate intelligence.

www.med.umich.edu...
This site tells of the benefits of a helmet used to shape deformed infant skulls. Also, the helmet is used for post operative protection. Perhaps the ancients use a similar helmet on their children.

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 10:00 PM
link   
dude the first couple look like coneheads lmao

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 09:55 PM
link   
The first two look an awful lot like Zippy the Pinhead, or Zip the What-is-it. Zip had a rare genetic condition that made his skull elongated and pointy. I wanna say it's encephalitis, but i'm almost positive that i'm wrong. Which it is. It's Microcephalic, and he wasn't even that, he just had a funny head. So, yeah... Could've just been people with funny skulls.

Wig

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I was going to say against the binding theory that the Ramus was unusually large. However from this site I think the ramus is probably ok compared with the skulls of John Doe (john Doe skull on this site under "other skulls")

www.bmezine.com...

In the abnormal skulls section I was amazed to see the "tusk" skull because I have a similar but less pronounced bump in my skull in the exact same location.

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 10:48 AM
link   
The "cones heads" were from France. Mystery solved

When anyone can provide DNA evidence I will belive they are anything other than human skull binding or human deformations of the cranium.

[edit on 2-1-2006 by IntelRetard]

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Just in case people wanted to know:

It is said in the bible that the sons of god took the daughters of man and had children.

Genesis, chapter 6.
6:1
And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them,

6:2
That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.

6:3
And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.

6:4
There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

Then there are issues of a perfect god showing all-to-human traits such as jealousy/envy, anger/hatred
Please provide the verse for jealousy and envy...

Exodus 20:5

20:5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;

Deuteronomy 4:24
4:24 For the LORD thy God is a consuming fire, even a jealous God.

Wig

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Were they found in France? Can you provide a link for that? The web page says they were all found in Peru. And it also says the lower jaw is more robust than expected so I was right about the ramus/mandible.

DNA from bone??? I don't think so.

[edit on 2/1/2006 by Wig]

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 08:59 PM
link   
It's just a joke. The idea of the conehead alien was invented for a saturday night live skit with lorraine neuman, jane curtain and dan ackroyd. But the way ideas seem to be co-opted and transferred, there are probably people who claim to have been visited by coneheads. The monster for the Alien movie designed by the artist H.R. Giger could be considered a conehead I guess, ha ha. I bet there are no accounts of coneheads previous to 1975 or so.

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Thanks for clarifying. I enjoy ancient literature. I also knew that the quotes were accurate but I was too lazy to look for them.

Originally posted by Jadette
Just in case people wanted to know:

Genesis, chapter 6.
6:1
And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them,

6:2
That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.

6:3
And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.

6:4
There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

Please provide the verse for jealousy and envy...

Exodus 20:5

20:5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;

Deuteronomy 4:24
4:24 For the LORD thy God is a consuming fire, even a jealous God.

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 09:43 AM
link   

For one thing, there is absolutely no evidence of extraterrstrials having ever been to our planet.
You are on a conspiracy board website and you are actually saying that we have no proof that aliens have ever visited this planet?!? Come on, have you actually read any articles about the government coverups, or the thousands of UFO photos and videos that are passed throughout the web.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join