It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dragon drawing for DC12016

page: 1

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Dragon drawing for DC12016. Pencil, Carbon and Prismicolor Premier pen (on the background) on 11x14 strathmore Bristol smooth.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: swimmer15

Wow your art is amazing!!!

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 09:48 PM
link   
He looks like some serious business! That is some very detailed work. Reminds me of drawing a guy in my high school used to do. His work was very, very detailed too.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Thanks... You too Quantum!

Yeah thats been my focus lately, mostly portraits though.. Loved doing the dragon, minus the scales lol but good break from portraits to use some creativity and play with textures i havent really tried. I got a commission today so hopefully im free to do more of these, lots of fun!

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Your work is beautiful!

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Nice overall composition. I feel the same about doing patterns such as the scales but you did well.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

Thank you and yeah..Scales were very difficult, harder than I anticipated...in shading, the size pose a challenge in them self. I didnt use any refrence for them, only reference i used at all was a snarling lion actually, i was drawing a different dragon and before i got too far I seen the lion and thought "thats what i should be doing, he just looks mean" so i made a new one off that .. I was working the scales well on the other one but not as detailed as these needed to be because of my design size and lay out. Figuring the scales would be easy enough, i just dove in them after i built his face and shaped out the contours.. Luckely i was light handed in sketching them, quicky realized that making scales is indeed easy... Making scales move with the contours of the anatomy and not flattening everything out is a whole other ball game lol

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 11:06 PM
link   
E.Gary Gygax would be proud!

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Name dropper. Lol

a reply to: abe froman

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 11:46 PM
link   
That's amazing.

How long did that take?

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: JDeLattre89

Idk i work full time and have kids, so a few hours or so at a time over 2 weeks. I dont even have a good guess because i go out of my way to remind myself that i dont care how long it takes. My wife says i need to track it but I personally think its a distraction that has no value to me if i want to get where i want to as an artist.. If i start thinking i have 10 hours in the eye, i will figure out in my head its going to take until the end of the year to finish at this pace and i will try to rush or get discouraged lol

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Wow, pretty neat! I like the fact that you've used carbon to depict a fire-breathing creature!

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Wow!!!!!

top topics

join