It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Lies About Supporting Iraq War

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

And yet it is still an affirmative answer.

Or else he could have said "I don't think so", which is the same way to use an idiom in a negative way.

Words mean things...and Trump has the best words, so I'm sure he knew exactly what he was saying.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: kruphix
OK fine.

She lied over 30,000 emails she didn't turn over. She lied about over 150 classified documents. She lied about at least 13 mobile devices she said she never had.

To me I'm up to 30,163 of the most horrendous lies I have heard.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

That's 3 lies (if they are lies, may be answering from ignorance).

Keep trying.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 10:48 PM
link   

IF they are lies?!?!?! Are you freaking serious?!?! I am done with you.
Educate yourself.
FBI web page of released documents
edit on 9/8/2016 by Martin75 because: Fixed Link

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 10:50 PM
link   

It's still not support in the way you are trying to claim it is. This entire thread is trying to prove that Trump supported the war. Reluctantly accepting it, but not being completely sure is far from what I or most people would call support.

I've given you the definition, affirmative or not, it's still not full support it's wishy washy maybe support at best.

If this is the best you can do for calling him a liar on this, then it's laughable at best. This was the weakest lie of all time.

In fact due to the definition of "I guess so", it's not a lie at all, at absolute worst it's a half-truth.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: kruphix

That's 3 lies (if they are lies, may be answering from ignorance).

Keep trying.

So your willing to entertain that Clinton may have simply been ignorant to:

"She lied over 30,000 emails she didn't turn over. She lied about over 150 classified documents. She lied about at least 13 mobile devices she said she never had. "

But you find it hard to believe Trump could never forget what he told Howard Stern 14 years ago in an unenthusiastic conversation?

edit on 8-9-2016 by DanDanDat because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

How could you "forget" that you were for a war that lasted a decade???

He's a liar.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 10:54 PM
link   

A lie constitutes intent to mislead.

If she answering truthfully to her current knowledge, it wasn't a lie.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Then she has Alzheimer's or some other horrible mental problem and needs to drop out. Are you REALLY being this obtuse?

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

It's a lie, I love the mental gymnastics though.

I honestly don't care what affirmative statement he used, instead of "I guess so", he could have said "sure", "why not", or "hell yes"...they are all affirmative answers to a very direct straight forward question.

A weak lie is still a lie, is it not?

The fact that you feel the need to defend him is laughable, supposedly because you aren't even voting for him.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 10:57 PM
link   

But you find it hard to believe Trump could never forget what he told Howard Stern 14 years ago in an unenthusiastic conversation?

No, I accept that he could have initially forgot.

But now it has been brought to his attention...and he should own up to it. But instead, he has decided to continue to lie about it.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408

How could you "forget" that you were for a war that lasted a decade???

He's a liar.

What you said here doesn't make sense.

He is being accused of lying about his support of the war; not about the existence of the war.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 10:59 PM
link   

I said he was being a pussy with his answer. Not exactly rip roaring support there.

You're refusal to accept the definition of "I guess so", and inability to tell the difference between a half truth and a lie is not my problem.

That you think "I guess so" and "hell yes" are comparable statements shows how dishonest you are.
edit on 9/8/2016 by Puppylove because: grammar and spelling

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75
Then she has Alzheimer's or some other horrible mental problem and needs to drop out. Are you REALLY being this obtuse?

How so?

Let me give you a scenario.

I am asked to turn over all my emails. I work with my staff to turn over all the emails that are currently on the server, not knowing that a tech accidentally deleted one of the archive files. When asked, did you turn over all the emails...I say "Yep, sure did". Then later on, my staff finds out about the tech that deleted the archive file that contained some emails.

Did I lie?

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 11:05 PM
link   

The FBI proves what I stated above....I linked the FBI website. She still continues to lie . This is reality. Again, educate yourself.

Using some of the most intrusive destruction software is NOT accidentally.
edit on 9/8/2016 by Martin75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove

I said he was being a pussy with his answer. Not exactly rip roaring support there.

You're refusal to accept the definition of I guess so, and inability to tell the difference between a half truth and a lie is not my problem.

That you think "I guess so" and "hell yes" are comparable statements shows how dishonest you are.

The lie didn't happen when he said "I guess so"...the lie is happening now, when he is still claiming he NEVER supported the Iraq War because of his superior judgement skills.

Yes, "I guess so" and "hell yes" are both affirmative answers. And in this case, the direct question that Stern gave him, any affirmative answer signifies support.

And about your support, don't worry...I get the game you are trying to play...I've played it before too. The problem is, you aren't concealing your true intentions well. So I will call you out on your game. The game works well if you are good at it...but when you aren't it is very transparent.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75

The FBI proves what I stated above....I linked the FBI website. She still continues to lie . This is reality. Again, educate yourself.

Using some of the most intrusive destruction software is NOT accidentally.

What is she continuing to lie about?

You see, you keep making claims...but don't offer any proof.

Yes, you linked to the FBI website...but didn't show anything specific that you are trying to prove. Try a little harder.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: kruphix

originally posted by: DanDanDat
So in some morning radio show; when he was their to shoot the breeze with a guy who aske's his guests if he can smell their fingers... when asked "do you support the war" he answers with the most unenthusiastic "I guess so" I ever heard and this some how puts him on part with Clinton who actually voted to go to war in Iraq?

Hillary Clinton admitted she made a mistake.

Trump denies ever supporting the Iraq War...which is a lie.

Did she say she is taking responsibility for her mistake?

For jumping on the war wagon? For killing millions of Iraqis?

Is that better than a lie?

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 11:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove
I'm going to be both supporting Trump and putting him down in this statement.

Saying "I guess so" has never meant support for anything. No one says "I guess so" because they support something. It does not happen.

When someone says I guess so it means, "I disagree but I'm too much a pussy to make a stand on this issue, so I'm reluctantly going along with it."

So no Trump didn't lie about never supporting the war in Iraq, it just so happens when it came up on Howard Stern he was too much a pussy to really say what he really thought.

Saying "I guess so" is kind of vague, but saying "Yeah, I guess so," isn't vague. Which is what he said.

Both of them are crooks and liars and supposedly the best the two parties have to offer. Face it, we're screwed.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 11:13 PM
link   

I guess so isn't a whole affirmative answer.

If I cut a slice out of an apple and give you the rest, have I given you a whole apple?

When you say I guess so that's what you're doing, give part of a yes. Most of a yes, but not a whole yes. You're keeping a slice to yourself because you're not willing to go all in.

When you say I don't think so, you're keeping most of the apple but, offering up a slice cause you're not willing to completely rule out you could be wrong.

When you say hell yes, you're not only giving a whole apple, you're buying another one and doubling up on your support.

When you say hell no, you're not only keeping your apple, you're threatening to take their apple if they don't back the # off.
edit on 9/8/2016 by Puppylove because: grammar and spelling

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join