It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Really Happened at Donald Trump's Intelligence Briefing?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: ipsedixit
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Not to mention the fact that "body language" experts, like people who perform pantomimes, routinely send messages with their bodies that have nothing to do with who they really are or what they really think.

Trump should have taken his briefing, told Flynn to shut up, walked out and shut up himself, using the briefing as food for thought, not fodder for sound bites.

Trump is a showbiz guy. His "Vietnam" was dodging venereal disease at Studio 54, as he himself, astonishingly, said. As a politician he is not a bad hustler. As a statesman, or leader, or commander-in-chief, he has the intelligence, attention span and focus of a hamster.

Says you.

Hey, maybe the briefings are a joke. You don't know how dumbed down they are of actual intel, do you?

Flynn knows, he's been to the real ones.

So now the CIA has mandatory pantomime classes? lol.

Who likes mimes?! Everybody runs them over in the chase scenes in action movies.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Lots of funny things happen in the movies. I got the hamster reference from Donald Trump's abrupt about face as soon as he got back from his Mexico trip. I think a real statesman would show some consistency of policy and tone. But Trump isn't a real leader or statesman.
edit on 8-9-2016 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: ipsedixit

the counterproductive effect of broadcasting to the world that in your opinion, senior intelligence officers disapprove of the President.

I really could not believe what I was hearing out of that man's mouth re the briefing. My first reaction was, "Yeah, they disapprove of you." Then I thought, "Oh God, first Ronald Reagan with the astrologer and his 'voodoo economics', then George W looking into Putin's eyes and soul, and now more nutty stuff passed off as 'presidential' ".

Then I thought, how could anyone trust this man with state secrets? He could blather about anything without thinking things through! I already put in my order for Trump's next book, "The Art of The Squeal". He'll write the book all about his campaign, then sue anyone who wants to tell what they know.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 11:46 PM
link   
a reply to: desert

Maybe now's a good time to repeat this, since Trump sent the guy who really wrote 'The Art of the Deal' a cease and desist order, after this interview came out. He said if he were to write the book today, he'd call it 'Sociopath'.

New Yorker Trump Ghostwriter

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Says the network that worked directly with the Hillary campaign to spread lies about Hillary's opposition. On top of that, Trump stated an opinion and didn't discuss anything that risked National Security. Can Hillary say the same? Nope sure can't, she just leaks all kinds of info regarding national security. Uses unauthorized devices and servers. Sells out the country for personal benefit while SoS. Rips apart countries and costs tax payers billions with her foreign policy. But instead of pointing out real issues with National Security, we will say Trump is risking national security for sharing his opinion on their feelings about Obama. LOL

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: SentientCentenarian

Worrisome ... to me it seemed his mind wandered during the briefing to "body language", he couldn't absorb what was being presented

“He has no attention span.”

"... it’s impossible to keep him focussed on any topic, other than his own self-aggrandizement, for more than a few minutes,"

.... Schwartz believes that Trump’s short attention span has left him with “a stunning level of superficial knowledge and plain ignorance.” He said, “That’s why he so prefers TV as his first news source—information comes in easily digestible sound bites.” He added, “I seriously doubt that Trump has ever read a book straight through in his adult life.” During the eighteen months that he observed Trump, Schwartz said, he never saw a book on Trump’s desk, or elsewhere in his office, or in his apartment.

His word is not good...

...“He was playing people,” Schwartz recalls. On the phone with business associates, Trump would flatter, bully, and occasionally get mad, but always in a calculated way. .... “He loved the attention,” Schwartz recalls. “If he could have had three hundred thousand people listening in, he would have been even happier.”

...“Lying is second nature to him,” Schwartz said. “More than anyone else I have ever met, Trump has the ability to convince himself that whatever he is saying at any given moment is true, or sort of true, or at least ought to be true.”

not good qualities for running a country, his particular business no problem, but not a country...

...Whenever “the thin veneer of Trump’s vanity is challenged,” Schwartz says, he overreacts—not an ideal quality in a head of state.

... “He was on a total run of complete and utter self-absorption,” Barrett says, adding, “It’s kind of like now.”

a warning to his voters/supporters...and other nations

As for Trump’s anger toward him, he said, “I don’t take it personally, because the truth is he didn’t mean it personally. People are dispensable and disposable in Trump’s world.” If Trump is elected President, he warned, “the millions of people who voted for him and believe that he represents their interests will learn what anyone who deals closely with him already knows—that he couldn’t care less about them.

All this makes me doubt he could handle a President's Daily Brief.

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

That's my thinking too. And knowing how trump lies to support himself and pump himself up.
This man has some serious mental issues. Serious.
I mean lie on tv about secret briefings and then taking down the secret service agents too. According to trump they trust him to know their secret. They really want him to be their leader.
Like the NFL letter. When he didn't like the debate schedule, and before he made his list of demands, he claimed the NFL wrote to him to get the debate rescheduled as it was up against an NFL game.
This to him tells the world, the NFL wrote him because he could get it changed. Only. Him.
They didn't write to the presidential debate committee.who of course could get it changed because it needed to look like even the NFL knows Trump's in charge. He's the one.
But the NFL came out immediately and said nope, never happened. No letter.

It's pathetic and very troubling. It screams of a troubled psyche.

So a liar is a liar right?

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 08:32 AM
link   

This bothered me as well. Here's why I believe it may well have happened something like that...in my family there is a former military person who is very passionate about world events and politics in general. He becomes nearly unhinged regarding those topics and is full blown down the CT rabbit hole. And Flynn does seem to come off as a bit of a zealot.

It's concerning to me that others seemed more in the know or invested than even Trump himself. Exactly who is running things behind the scenes at the Trump camp? Doesn't seem like anyone really.

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

So Trump "gets a feeling" and all of a sudden it's a major international security breach.

What happens when Trump is briefed that China is better as an ally, but he gets a feeling from their body language that he's secretly being told to nuke China?

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: xuenchen

No him claiming the secret service subliminally told him they are not happy with the current administration.
He's using the briefings as a political tool. But more than that he's intimating the agents are not taking their job seriously.

That is a freaking chilling way of characterizing it.

This whole scene is like straight out of a novel. But, this week has felt a bit different to me, I really think people are beginning to realize the magnitude and implications of the GOP nominating such a vapid and unstable person. This briefing scenario and the RT interview simply underscores it further. It's not even remotely amusing anymore.

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

his supporters don't care. funny thing, i'm sure most of his supporters deep down must cringe that they're supporting him. a rich billionaire(?) who's daddy gave him a million dollars in his early 20's. a narcissist who puts his name on EVERYTHING . uses a fake persona to call attention to himself via the media - all so sickeningly gross. but, his super fans LOVE him and think his a genius, it's comedy really.

the whole body language comment was VERY concerning. and, saying over and over that he knows more than most generals - that's ridiculous and insulting, I would think he'd lose a bunch of military support with that.

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   
First of all, General Flynn has on more that one occasion separated certain individual's bu-toxics (buttocks) from there bodily frames. I've seen this in person. If ole Chris had touched him during one of his , lets just say loud moments, he would have knocked him on his fat ass, no matter who was present or in what location.

Most people have never heard of the D.I.A., let alone understand its function.
You do not rise to lead a Agency of that caliber because you are a meek person.

The whole point of the briefing has also been missed.
DJT now has some idea of how bad things really are, and a noticeable change in his demeanor has been detected.

After reading and trying to comprehend some of these comments on intelligence and briefings
moving back to Nazareth and raising goats is steadily becoming higher on my list of priorities.

Buck

edit on 9-9-2016 by flatbush71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
LOL

Meanwhile, four people with knowledge of the matter told NBC News

Two sources said

So it's an intel briefing and yet we have all these "Leaks".

Out of all alt-right on ATS you are the record holder in posting "news" from blogs and other questionable "news" sites yet here you are pointing fingers in almost every thread that doesn't fit your political agenda. I can't believe your little world is so black and white. I'd love to help you out of whatever pickle you have gotten yourself in to.

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Donald Trump has made statements about his intelligence briefing that have raised eyebrows in the intelligence community, saying that he read, in the "body language" of the briefing officers, disapproval of the policy direction of the Obama administration. Ex intelligence officials have stated that this is highly unlikely to have occurred in a briefing given by senior professionals trained to suppress personal feelings when interacting with the President.

Another snippet of gossip regarding this briefing troubles me more, though, and that is the alleged "pointed" (hostile?) questioning of the briefing officers by General Michael Flynn, who accompanied Mr. Trump to the briefing, along with Governor Chris Christie and others.

www.nbcnews.com...

Meanwhile, four people with knowledge of the matter told NBC News that one of the advisers Trump brought to the briefing, retired general Mike Flynn, repeatedly interrupted the briefing with pointed questions.

My own take on this (based on news sources that describe the behavior reported by Mr. Trump as "completely out of line with what happens at these briefings" is that the uncomfortable body language was directed at TRUMP and not Obama or Clinton. The rude behavior, off-the-wall questions and apparent lack of understanding of a situation would make anyone exasperated and uncomfortable.
edit on 9-9-2016 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I doubt there was much intelligence gathered in that room.

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   

a reply to: Sillyolme

I don't believe these briefings are supposed to be the subject of any public discussion. What Trump has said about them is a major breach of the established protocol on such meetings.

Opinion or not - - its a PRIVATE meeting meant to stay PRIVATE.

The twisting by his supporters to make this OK - - is plain scary.

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
I doubt there was much intelligence gathered in that room.

Does that matter?

Is there a "scale of presidential intelligence"?

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   
What if Flynn was asking questions because he realized that Trump's 'briefing' was watered down BS? And he had decades of previous experience with this and was trying to get an honest update on what was really going on?

And maybe they 'briefed' Trump with so much fear mongering (real or imagined) because they were hoping he'd get a clue and step down, realizing his fool's gold plated persona wasn't up to the task?

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I think is pretty clear that Trump does not pay attention to any briefs. I do not know if he just refuses to or is unable to. Because unless he is reading from a script he comes off as clueless on military, foreign affairs, economic issues etc.
Look that Commander and Chief forum, he either just ignored any facts he was given or ignored them and spouted nonsense the entire time.

The man thinks is going cut taxes on everybody and massively increase spending on things like the military and border wall while at the same time fighting a global trade war. Imagine being a briefer and having to tell him that what he is talking about is insanity.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join