It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You might want to Think Twice before Using Paypal (as of Sep 8, 2016)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: AntisocialAnxiety

It's good for you people who've had no problem with PayPal. I hope you never do, but in the last year I've had two separate occasions of fraudulent transactions in my main checking account. They had to cancel my debit card and send me a new one both times. The rep from the bank said it was because I used PayPal. I had no idea, I only used them a handful of times and I thought that was their whole selling point - security. I had to admit though, it was right after using PayPal that this happened.

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Well it looks like the problem is solved. Taken from OP source

UPDATE 9/8/16: A PayPal spokesperson provided us with the following information:

"PayPal experienced a brief technical issue last evening during a planned system update which resulted in some consumers being unable to see a transaction in their account history after it had processed. Some merchants may not have received a notification even though the transaction was processed.

"The technical issue has been fixed and PayPal is working to have these transactions reflected accurately for both consumers and merchants.

"We apologize for any inconvenience. Customers can contact PayPal customer support for additional assistance."

Peace

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Adonsa

PayPal also rewards scammers and forces honest people to have to pay the bill - I even wrote a thread on it back in March

PayPal, Terrible Service, Rewarding Scammers

F*** PayPal!

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Well, I just went to paypal this morning, to make a payment. According to them, right now, I don't have a paypal credit account, and owe them nothing. So, I'm pretty happy about that.

Until they catch it.

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
I don't buy from Ebay or anywhere that uses them as a sole source of payment. I've heard far too many stories to ever trust them again.

eBay does not use them as a sole source, I buy on eBay regularly and use my CC.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: wtbengineer
a reply to: AntisocialAnxiety

It's good for you people who've had no problem with PayPal. I hope you never do, but in the last year I've had two separate occasions of fraudulent transactions in my main checking account. They had to cancel my debit card and send me a new one both times. The rep from the bank said it was because I used PayPal. I had no idea, I only used them a handful of times and I thought that was their whole selling point - security. I had to admit though, it was right after using PayPal that this happened.

PayPal never exposes your credit card and uses an encryption external to your card to prove you are you. That said, you may have had a very weak password or used the same password as PayPal uses on another account. Seems like they got into your PayPal account, which is most likely the case. Complex passwords, and frequent changes for anything that deals with online commerce is always a must.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join