It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

love potion # 9

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 02:00 PM
link   
lets say that like the song, there were #9 elements of love (the real kind) !!that go into a potion, what would be your recipe? i wonder what peoples definition of love is? the word is thrown around alote on the threads, here is my recipe.......

#1 choice (without it you have nothing)
#2 sacrifice (without it it means nothing)
#3 hope (without it you believe nothing)
#4 forgiveness (without it you never grow)
#5 truth (without it you never know)
#6 endurance (without it you wont make it)
#7 attraction (gotta be there for there to be real choice)
#8 wisdom (without it you are void)
#9 jesus (without him i dont know love)

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I will argue that love is natural and not chosen. You may be pushed away...but if you love, you love.

And love doesnt necessarily result from attraction. If I had a son...I would not be attracted to him, but I would love him.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 03:01 PM
link   
#1 choice
choice to me is more of a need, we need choice, but choice doesn't constitute love for me. Somehow the words don't go together but yet they do. I can argue both ways on this one.

#2 sacrifice
absolutely necessary, in all relationships of love, not just between a man and woman

#3 hope
sure, what's the purpose of living if you have nothing to hope for or work towards.

#4 forgiveness
absolutely, forgiveness is sometimes the hardest thing to do, but it is the most necessary.

#5 truth
hmmm, tricky one, what is truth? that's the first question you have to ask yourself, and each person's truth is different from anothers, i know people who love and care for each other but they live a total lie, and I know myself, I cannot live lies.

#6 endurance
endurance eh..., you could also say faith or dedication, or loyalty?

#7 attraction
there are different types of attraction, physical, mental, etc, if you mean all aspects then yes, if you speak of only the physical then no

#8 wisdom
whose wisdom? how do you judge or determine how wise you are?

#9 jesus
I respect your religious beliefs, but my answer is no. "God" has different names and whatever version you choose if fine, but it's not exclusive.

overall I agree with your recipe and I am sure it will work for you. My recipe for love is basically respect and honesty. I cannot love someone without having respect for them or live a lie. I can love them for a myriad of other reasons but without those two, it's nothing

[edit on 1-21-2005 by worldwatcher]

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 10:58 PM
link   
love is pheremones and hormones eg. phenylethylamine... *chemicals*
there are biological reasonings for love.
take this for example.
If there was a stonage child and the parents didnt have 'love' or didnt have such a powerful feeling of love for that child... Would the chances of this child surviving be as good compared to another child in the same conditions but with parents who loved this child alot more in comparisment?
men and woman, they are attracted to each other so that reproduction occurs and pass on there genes. Then they fall in love so that their offspring has the best chance of survival by having two parents to look after it.
do u guys get what im getting at? we're all controlled by chemicals

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 03:24 PM
link   
cheeser - yours our out of whack i would say.... love is not the same as lust

new topics

top topics

join