It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PEAR - Engineering and Consciousness

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Reverbs
He acted like that's what he was going to talk about but he never did.

I told you I wasn't going to have time to address it properly for a few days. Then you griped about that too.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 01:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

First, Peeple, this is an incredible thread.

Second, in responses, Reverbs:

But what if you related to more. What if you were everything?

That's a weighty and hefty and scary issue, isn't it? What if you/I/we were? Scary to entertain, I think....but well worth exploring, as lame as that sounds, just had to chime in, in some way, and say that, if nothing else.

This is both exciting and somewhat dangerous thinking, imho....

thanks, people
tetra

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 01:38 AM
link   
nm
edit on 15-9-2016 by tetra50 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 04:05 AM
link   
a reply to: tetra50

Lots of scary thoughts going around these days tetra.

As to the random number generator thing, I genuinely don't know. Personally I've experienced quite a few things that should "prove" this sort of stuff to me.

Just as one very trivial but baffling example from my own life. I had a 6 month period in my life years ago where I wound up spending every weekend in wendover Nevada. From the first hour I was there to a few sporadic trips after the 6 months of being there every weekend, I instantly developed an attraction and affinity for a penny slot game called Cleopatra.

For some reason from that first day I seemed to either unconsciously understand the pattern or outright be able to manipulate it somehow. I consistently without EVER failing would be able to feel which machine to use each session and basically use them like my personal ATM machine. Over the course of these weekends, which I never started with more than a $20 bill, I'd consistently have $400-$1000 to take home by Sunday evening.

Oddly you'd think this would have turned me into a gambler, but it did exactly the opposite. I realized that however I was doing this, I was somehow making the machine behave in ways it shouldn't! That cured me of any gambling urges I had.

Was I using my mind to make the machine do something odd? I can't for sure say I wasn't. Is it more likely I somehow subconsciously picked up the non random element in all random number generators? Yeah, it really is...

I know it's not a sexy answer, but as much as I want to believe I was affecting the machine, I probably wasn't.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I think that using RNG is a bit flawed as a premise. I would contend that if something is actually random, we can not tell.

Its not just that our brains aren't wired for it, they are wired for the exact opposite. So, using a RNG can be akin to running a BCG (bias confirmation generator).

That's not even going into the position that we are might be incapable of even creating true randomness.

I actually do believe things like this are possible, but as bedlam seems to be insinuating, there must be a better way to test it before we reach conclusions. However, I suspect that even if it doesn't exist in humanity currently, that it may manifest further down our evolutionary road (if we don't F it up with technology), so reaching any static conclusions about the limits of the abilities of humanity is problematic. It can take the inverse course as well. As in, we could have had all these "neat" abilities prior to creating tools, but they dwindled as we embraced what we could hold in our hands over what we held in our minds.

As it stands now, I think the best case scenario is that it is so rare that it might as well not exist and those that might truly have these abilities would probably be wise to hide them.

We have this strange habit of both giving ourselves too much credit at the same time as not giving ourselves enough.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

I would think the easiest test for TK would be to get someone to get the vanes of a Crookes radiometer turning in a darkened room. They cant be affected by wind, vibration or em fields, magnets etc. They are sensitive enough to react to the impact of photons, so they should be sensitive to anyone with any TK abilities.

RNG's are a tricky subject i agree, it all depends on which method they use to generate the number, a good one would for example be sampling thermal noise in a circuit, which is pretty close to Brownian motion, and yes they would seldom generate 50-50 if they were truly random. I tried years ago to analyse the National Lottery, made all kinds of charts & formulas, but the simple fact was that there were some numbers that recurred more than others, sometimes twice more. So i got 100 tickets & filled them in (BTW most of these were odd numbers!) and waited to become a millionaire.
Murphy played a cruel joke on me that week, they were almost all even numbers, i won 20 bucks
so i don't do lotteries anymore, lesson learned.

On the subject of dimensions, there's quite a few of them it seems. The methods used to test the theories have kept me busy for years, i am certain that charge and spin are the key to some of this & hopefully there will be experiments in that direction soon.

The one thing that convinced me that the mind is capable of seemingly impossible things was my NDE years ago, it showed me that conciousness is not bound by 3 or even 4 dimensions. Since what i experienced means being in a certain place at a certain time 15-20 years from now, it can't be verified until it happens.

ETA i'm sure i made 2 posts here yesterday, must be the Mandela effect again

edit on 15-9-2016 by playswithmachines because: Got ME'd.......

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   
One more comment, then i am gone.

The title of the OP is engineering & conciousness, in my experience i have rarely met an engineer who is fully concious.
One example was the super-intelligent dude who designed a machine which required me to cut (read drill) some square holes in the frame......i asked him how square does it have to be, beacause that would mean first milling & then using spark erosion to get the square hole he wanted. This could not be done by laser or plasma since A they didnt exsist back then and B the machine was already being built, so we would have to cut the hole 2 feet inside the machine anyway!

The engineer comes up with wonderful ideas, or so he thinks.

The mechanic is the poor sod who has to try & build it!
Sure, it looked great on paper. I saw million dollar machines built that were worthless even before they were built, while they were built, and then had to spend 400 hours trying to get them to work. Hey it's not MY money, in fact i get paid pretty well to sort out all their 'glitches'.
A lot of it is YOUR money, if you are a tax payer.
LOL i told DARPA i could have saved them a few trillion when they lost the X-37b, all i asked was 10 grand a month, no negotiation. No, they ignored me and lost a second plane a few weeks later......

Bye for now

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join