It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Long time Conservative publication, Dallas Morning News, endorses Hillary Clinton

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Sorry man but that's BS. Many, particularly on the right, listen to everything. If it was printed that Hillary had a third ear on her back that would make the rounds. But I'm not surprised that you insulted the little boy. That's anther tactic of Trump supporters.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
It's just more proof Trump is anti-establishment. People fear change. It's time to go out with the old (established) and in with the new (outsider).

My boss's motto is "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results." Electing Hillz is insanity.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: Olivine
The Dallas Morning News has over 400,000 subscribers...

Yeah, I subscribe to Alaska Dispatch News, doesn't mean I would ever consider voting the way that fishwrap's liberal POS owner Alice Rogoff or her equally liberal band of editors report I should vote.

It's not bluster, it's the knowledge that the world is changing. Trust in media and other establishment opinion directors is dropping worldwide. The average American is more likely to throw up a middle finger and do exactly the opposite of what their newscaster advises them to do.

Remember when the New York Times took things serious? They've become as big a parody as the Sun.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Viesczy

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
Yes.

The Bush dynasty and their good buddies at the Dallas Morning News are still very bitter.

I am glad they are on the wrong side.

Oddly your handle is Deny Arrogance but you appear to be a Trump supporter... bit of an oxymoron isn't it?

Anywho, Trump is no more Republican than Hillary is sexy. Anyone who is truly a Republican sees the Donald for what the Donald really is.

Derek

By truly republican I assume you mean people who believe in taking snakes and that Jonah lived inside a whale? Because other than pandering to delusional Christians trump is to the right of most people.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: kruphix

originally posted by: jjkenobi
It's just more proof Trump is anti-establishment. People fear change. It's time to go out with the old (established) and in with the new (outsider).

I think it is more of people fear crazy unpredictable candidates running for president.

Trump has almost no redeeming qualities. He appeals to a segment of America that wants to return to the 1920s way of living...that's it.

What do you mean by his support wants to return to the 1920's? I'd just like to return to the 1980's.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408

Your boss is right! Only Americans who are happy with how life is going should even consider voting for Hillary. But everyone should consider how her $1.3 Trillion tax increase will affect them... even those who ARE happy today.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
If it was printed that Hillary had a third ear on her back that would make the rounds.

...only if said third ear had a transmission device that was against the debate rules inserted in it...

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Man, I honestly don't. As far as I am concerned, they're all only useful for starting the fire in the fireplace and spreading on the back deck table to gut and fillet salmon on.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: kruphix

originally posted by: LSU0408

originally posted by: Blazemore2000
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

You say that like there is a right side. I assure you, there is not.

Indeed there is... It's called rebelling against the federal government and letting our states make the decisions.

But I don't think that is the "right side".

Conservatives seem to confuse "opinions" with "fact" often.

It's the only side that makes sense. Another Civil War with different stakes. This time it's just for states' rights. I, like most people, am sick and tired of the federal government killing me with taxes, healthcare, incentives for lazy people not to find a job, etc. Unfortunately, it's the middle class and upper middle class that feels this way, we're the ones going broke paying for everything else. Rich people don't miss the money, poor are given the money.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: kruphix

What it comes down to for me is not the presidency, if hilary wins she puts in an uber left supreme Court judge. That os where the power lies and frankly living in an uber left area has made me absolutely against that.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Man, I honestly don't. As far as I am concerned, they're all only useful for starting the fire in the fireplace and spreading on the back deck table to gut and fillet salmon on.

By that, I mean they had a relatively decent reputation. Kind of like TIME used to... But now both have fallen off the turnip wagon.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Never had read this publication, don't know who their CEOs are and don't give two rats what or whom they endorsed.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

Never had read this publication, don't know who their CEOs are and don't give two rats what or whom they endorsed.

Well, that's good.

But I bet Trump cares.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

So by that you mean.... mythical?

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Indeed there is (a right side)... It's called rebelling against the federal government and letting our states make the decisions.

No, that’s the wrong side.

Governments exist for a reason. Present-day American ‘conservatives’ (who are anything but conservative according to the traditional definition of the term) have forgotten that reason.

The USA is one country, not a congeries of squabbling states united by a common defence establishment and a few trade and tax treaties. That is what it will become if the states’-rights fetishists succeed in their project.

The states’-right movement was and is calculated to weaken and destroy the US, not preserve it. It’s been that way ever since the 1860s. Remember the Confederacy?

Some people never seem to learn.

Anyway, voting for Trump means giving more power to the central government. Because that’s what Trump wants: a powerful central government just like Russia has. Quasi-dictatorial powers of the kind Vladimir Putin enjoys. Trump lies a lot, but when he expresses his admiration for Russia and Putin the sincerity literally overflows. He really means it.

If Donald Trump ever gets his hands on the levers of power, you lot can forget about your ‘states’ rights’.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad
Not a real surprise. Trump is on the verge of losing Texas. Polls showing Clinton leading or a tie are a disaster for Trump he is going to have spend some time and money in state that should not be in play.

Trump is the Barry Goldwater of his time. A lot of the polls which have Trump in the lead or close to Clinton debunk themselves very quickly. Outside of his core supporter base Trump and the GOP are bleeding support. Trump's supporter base isn't anywhere near big enough to elect him out right. The idea of Trump occupying the Oval Office is a passing flight of fancy.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join