It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Let's analyze Trump's response about stealing Iraq's oil from last night's forum.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

Think about it.......we have been giving away life and gold to unfu*k messes for years and Joe Taxpayer is always asked.

Yes, which is why people have been protesting the useless wars we have been getting in for decades.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Haha no, they would have if they wanted to, IMO. That one I have no facts for. Just a hunch.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Now it's he didn't say "steal the oil". He said "take the oil". If you take oil without permission, isn't that stealing?

Plus, I heard him (DT) say today that "Hillary leaves ruin and death".

And he wants to use nukes?
Does he know what "ruin and death" is? Does he know what nukes are? It makes me wonder. Imbecilic.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: kruphix

It's simple Trump never wanted the election, but he will profit nicely when his friends the Clinton's get in.

I did a thread about it awhile back. The smoke and mirrors are really working on the masses, just don't drink the Kool-Aid.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Of course they left the oil, it would be awfully suspicious to fund ISIS with just tax dollars.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

Someone give this man an applause.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Huh, I am thinking about this response Donald Trump had and then consider that response for another resource a losing country might have- what about fresh water? That resource wouldn't cause a difference in his mind but might it in others? If this was about survival such as water invariably is and oil not so much, I would think it differently. Something I considered.

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 12:06 AM
link   
What if Trump knows the world doesn't need the oil or any oil at all anymore. He can't just come out and say it, not yet.
And having people guard it in the meantime to prevent it's profits being used against you seems sensible.

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 01:06 AM
link   
a reply to: kruphixthe reason we didn't taske the oil is because it would have pissed off the saudis .
you know the real perpetrators behind 9/11 attack. if we took control of iraqi oil fields and paid the iraqi people what oil is actually worth then they would have prospered and the saudis would have lost their shirts

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 01:24 AM
link   
a reply to: proteus33

Said the Venezuelans. How dare you bring up how any Presidential candidate be associated with such. Much less Hillary. Equal rights advocate for the world.

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Yay! 'Murica! "We'll go and and take their oil! Yay!

That means leaving a standing force in place, and then watching kids come home in pieces - literally - from IED's, sniper attacks, mortar launches and suicide bombings, because it will fuel the fanatics in the area. On top of all that the Vets that come back will get royally shafted as well.

Buy hey, you can tell everyone that they were "fighting for our freedoms" - right?

For a man who is supposed to be "different" that sure as hell sounds an awful lot of the same old badly thought out US foreign policy bull#.

You know, if he'd said "we'll get the hell out, spend the money on building a fuel cell/hydrogen economy and then we can avoid messing with oil completely and be self sufficient" - THAT would be different thinking.

As it stands, what he proposes is a recipe for more body bags, paid for by the oil lobby.

Meh, I said I wasn't going to get into US politics again, but come on - wake up people. You aren't buying into something different at all.

Same old, same old.

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Let's see here. WHO is quite stupid yet thinks they can run an oil field? That's right, ISIS.

If those ragtag, murdering bafoons can run and profit from running an oil field, I'm sure Trump could put together a crew with the unlimited wartime funds of, oh, say the richest nation ducking ever!

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 03:14 AM
link   

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No way, did you just say that? The leaders of these "peaceful" liberals happen to be the king and queen of drone strikes Obama and Clinton.

The biggest Liberal lie, claiming to be pro-peace, but asking for higher taxes to fund the governmental murdering war machine.

It makes absolutely NO sense whatsoever.

There is not a single country in the world that looks at us as a peaceful country, and we have the most liberal 2 term president in modern history. You should get off of the two party high horse. They are ALL THE SAME!

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 05:20 AM
link   
a reply to: neformore

I think it's time to accept that a lot of American voters want the negative things you described. In their minds, they already are awake. But their dreams and ours are vastly different.

These people saw full well how many soldiers died and were physically and/or mentally wounded by the Iraq and Afghan Wars. They just don't care. If the really cared about our troops, they wouldn't keep sending them in harm's way for their military adventurism. If the really cared about our troops, they'd also care about improving the social safety net here, since so many vets & their families use those programs.

Instead, they are literally looking for excuses for more wars. Remember their demands for war against Iran and "regime change" against Assad? Remember their glee about "The Surge"? Remember their support for waterboarding and the other "enhanced interrogation" torture techniques? This election cycle's even had quotes about making the ISIS held areas "glow"; killing the families of suspected terrorists; sending US citizens to Gitmo; putting American Muslims in "special databases" while patrolling our neighborhoods like a police state; bringing back "waterboarding and a hell of a lot more", etc.

With those in mind, no one here should act surprised that they'd also be ok with us re-invading and occupying Iraq to steal their oil. I think the only real "waking up" people need to do is acknowledging that a lot of people here support the concept of modern day conquistadors. All that "law & order" & "moral high ground" talk is BS because they clearly don't give a crap about morality, treaties, or international laws. They're just looking for whatever excuse works to get others to support their desired bloodshed and destruction.

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 05:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Winstonian

Obama isn't a liberal. In fact, the Democratic Party as a whole is center-right on foreign policy issues. Have you ever heard of the "Third Way Democrats"? (And for the record, "neoliberals" are different from "liberals". They deal more with economic freedom, which includes things like free trade.)

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: kruphix
a reply to: burdman30ott6

And that is a big difference between Liberals and Conservatives.

Liberals don't see the military as a tool for conquest and gain, they see it as a tool for protection and peace.

A tool that should never be used, should be scoffed at, laughed at, and shamed out of existence while you're at it...

Liberals are not really aware that NOONE in power ANYWHERE, actually has any of the same belief systems that they do.

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

The only real difference in liberals and conservatives in power now is covert and overt actions. The conservatives are overt and the liberals are covert, they both aim to accomplish the same goals just go about it differently. We overthrow countries and topple regimes regardless of who is the potus.

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock
a reply to: intrepid

Hay man spare me the drip. At least we didn't charge anyone for all the mass graved dead bodies mass murdered by Sad-Dam that we dug up.

Those mass graves were more than likely full up with Persion leaning civilians in Iraq during the war between those two countries

Must have been hard fighting a war with Iran when a sizeable part of your population has ties to that country

How many bodies did we leave over there in little bits strewn over the terrain as our brave lads played warfare with god mode on while bombing with drones in an air condition office thousands of miles away

To this day I have not seen a photo of the devastation a daisy cutter did to the republican guard units,must have been pretty nasty for the whole press teams inbedded over there if even they didn't film the aftermath

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Winstonian

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No way, did you just say that? The leaders of these "peaceful" liberals happen to be the king and queen of drone strikes Obama and Clinton.

The biggest Liberal lie, claiming to be pro-peace, but asking for higher taxes to fund the governmental murdering war machine.

It makes absolutely NO sense whatsoever.

There is not a single country in the world that looks at us as a peaceful country, and we have the most liberal 2 term president in modern history. You should get off of the two party high horse. They are ALL THE SAME!

The most liberal? Say what you want about Congress's influence but the government under Obama has been further to the right than it was under Reagan.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Lets talk about how Hillary Clinton stereotyped half of the American people with her "deplorable" comments.

Deplorable is lying to the Benghazi families over flag draped coffins. Hillary defines the word "deplorable".

Deplorable is shaming your serial rapist husband's victims and lying to cover up for his decades of sex crimes.

And many many MANY more examples.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join