It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Let's analyze Trump's response about stealing Iraq's oil from last night's forum.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I didn't say we should, I said we could. There's a difference. Unfortunately, liberal policies from both the Dems and GOP over the past 24 years have started to close that window.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: kruphix
Liberals don't see the military as a tool for conquest and gain, they see it as a tool for protection and peace.

Bullcrap! blurbrain.com...

The only difference is liberals want a global homogeny of pleebs dependent on a coalition of international rule and Conservatives acknowledge the world could well exist under an American hegemony if we'd simply rediscover our testicles.

You are incorrectly comparing going to war with reasons for going to war. Was WWI and WWII about America conquest? Or was it about defeating those trying to conquest?

It's clear from your statement that you want America to be a conquering force, to push our way of life on everyone in the world.

Sorry, I don't share that opinion and I think it is outdated thinking.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Good.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: kruphix

No, I want us to have the ability to do that. I'm not big on this country losing any advantage, including the advantage of being able to render the globe into a cosmic grease spot on command.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Haha what a waste of tax dollars. That we could do it for half the cost if our military wasn't at the disposal of companies.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408

I LOVE the fact that we finally have politicians resuming the traditional, common sense doctrine of claiming the spoils of war. The last spoils America claimed were following WWII... when we claimed the world reserve currency position along with several Pacific islands we retained. This should be standard operating procedure for ANY US military conflict: fight the war, directly claim land or resources in compensation from whatever country we just kicked the hell out of, PERIOD.

Trump 2016.

Thou shalt not steal.

Yeah but people like that worhsip American Jesus, a gun toting, hate mongering neocon

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad
If we claimed Iraq's oil we would be fighting ISIS, the Iraqi military, Iran, the Arab League and be under international sanctions. At some point somebody will sit Trump down and explain this to him.

But....But...But...MERIKA # YEAH!

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: Hazardous1408

I LOVE the fact that we finally have politicians resuming the traditional, common sense doctrine of claiming the spoils of war. The last spoils America claimed were following WWII... when we claimed the world reserve currency position along with several Pacific islands we retained. This should be standard operating procedure for ANY US military conflict: fight the war, directly claim land or resources in compensation from whatever country we just kicked the hell out of, PERIOD.

Trump 2016.

Thou shalt not steal.

Yeah but people like that worhsip American Jesus, a gun toting, hate mongering neocon

I do wonder about their relationship with God and how it allows them to be so damn aggressive.
Reminds me of Zionism.
It's a mind bender.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   
My favorite bit is destroy isis in 30 days

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: kruphix
Liberals don't see the military as a tool for conquest and gain, they see it as a tool for protection and peace.

Bullcrap! blurbrain.com...

The only difference is liberals want a global homogeny of pleebs dependent on a coalition of international rule and

Corrcetion

Neocon-Conservatives acknowledge the world could well exist under an American hegemony if we'd simply rediscover our testicles.

A true Conservatives would support a policy of non interfernce unless in self defence or a the defence of a loyal ally and let other country run there own affairs.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   

" global homogeny of pleebs"

Wanna clarify that? Turns out 'homogeny' is a real word, a variant of 'homogeniety' but somehow I don't think that's what you meant.

" I'm not big on this country losing any advantage, including the advantage of being able to render the globe into a cosmic grease spot on command."

You first Sparky. Right there on the front lines, first to get shot at. Tell your mother to pick out a nice spot on the mantelpiece for the triangular shaped box the flag from your coffin will sit in.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

Did you really say that? The world run by a benevolent and hard ass America? Do you believe that?

Come on, the Neocons had to be somewhere. Trumps just drawing them out the woodwork again.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I fully support taking the oil. "To the victor goes the spoils of war."

Wars are not free, they cost money to prosecute. The correct way to conduct war is this; "If you attack me and mine, I will bust up your house and wreck your things and take your stuff as restitution for putting me through the trouble to have to fight with you."

We take the oil and sell it to pay off the war and then only give it back if the nation that attacked us changes it's ways. No nation building either, that never works; just ask all of the men and women with no arms and legs rebuilding Iraq for a people that hate us. So in my opinion Trump is correct about the oil.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: SentientCentenarian

LMAO. Soldiers aren't going to turn the world into a grease spot, Spanky.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Fromabove

Iraq never came to my house.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fromabove

Wars are not free, they cost money to prosecute. The correct way to conduct war is this; "If you attack me and mine, I will bust up your house and wreck your things and take your stuff as restitution for putting me through the trouble to have to fight with you."

We take the oil and sell it to pay off the war and then only give it back if the nation that attacked us changes it's ways. No nation building either, that never works; just ask all of the men and women with no arms and legs rebuilding Iraq for a people that hate us. So in my opinion Trump is correct about the oil.

But Iraq didn't attack America.

Al Qaeda did... And it's not Al Qaeda's Oil.

So this whole point from Trump & his Cult is buffoonery.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   

And how did Iraq screw with you? Seems like they had no choice in this war regardless. And it should be easy when the person starting the war is.....

And your opponent is.....

.... but you can't even finish that.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Exactly. I don't want to go to war, but if we are forced into it I want the other side to understand we are taking all their sh*t.

I am not a war monger, but I believe when you go to war, you go to win. Take no prisoners and salt the earth. The other side has to understand that we are even crazier than they are when pushed. I don't want our boys putting their lives on the line to be held back in any way. I want it over quick.

To hell with building schools and nation building. We need to do that here. Some countries will always be third world hell holes. No point in wasting our money.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   

And how did Iraq screw with you? Seems like they had no choice in this war regardless. And it should be easy when the person starting the war is.....

I don't see that analogy working out unless our goal was to make our enemy depressed. Charlie Brown is a survivor, man.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greggers

I don't see that analogy working out unless our goal was to make our enemy depressed. Charlie Brown is a survivor, man.

Apparently so is Iraq.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join