It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apparent active shooter reported at Alpine High School

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Edit:Update from another news source.

Sheriff: Shooter died of self-inflicted gunshot wound at Alpine High

A female student died of what appears to be a self-inflicted gunshot wound at Alpine High School in Alpine, TX, according to Brewster County Sheriff Ronnie Dodson. The shooter turned the gun on herself after shooting another student in the lower extremities, Dodson told radio station KVLF. It's not clear if the female shooter was a student.

All schools and administration in Alpine are under critical lockdown after reports of a shooting.

Alpine Police Department confirms that there is an active shooter at Alpine High School.

Alpine ISD confirms that all schools and administration buildings are in critical lockdown Thursday morning.

According to our newspartner CNN, the Brewster County Sheriff's Office says that one person has been shot and two shooters are believed to be on the loose.

High school students will be released as soon as the all clear is given from the Jehovah's Witness church, according to the Alpine Avalanche.

Apparent active shooter reported at Alpine High School

Just breaking.

Hope no more people gets hurt.
edit on 8-9-2016 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Mianeye

It's in Texas.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   

High school students will be released as soon as the all clear is given from the Jehovah's Witness church, according to the Alpine Avalanche.

That part has me a bit confused, what do the JW have anything to do with releasing the students? I'm a little lost.

-Alee

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   

What does the JW church have to do with giving the all clear, I wonder?

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Reported active shooter at Alpine High school. Students at high school are being evacuated. All schools remain on lockdown. Please stay tuned for more.

All schools? Why all schools? Oh, conditioning. I don't know how many schools there are all told in Alpine, Texas but the lesson for toady kiddies is be very afraid.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

What does the JW church have to do with giving the all clear, I wonder?

The church is the school most likely.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   

So far sounds like 1 person shot and TWO shooters on the loose?

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Watch how long it takes for them to go from multiple shooters to lone gunmen.

Never fails...

Thought and prayers with the victims and families...

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Sounds like a personal issue, not a mass shooting, guess that's good...

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Because they want to make sure nothing happened at other schools...

Pretty common for school districts to do that, at least it is around here.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Schools just opened a few weeks ago and we already have a school shooting! Dylan Klebold and Eric Harris really opened up a can of worms when they went on their school rampage at Columbine High School.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   

All I want to know is when do we blame the guns and not the people start this time?

T minus negative 3 hours

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: GraffikPleasure

Technically you just started it

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Update from another news source.

Sheriff: Shooter died of self-inflicted gunshot wound at Alpine High

A female student died of what appears to be a self-inflicted gunshot wound at Alpine High School in Alpine, TX, according to Brewster County Sheriff Ronnie Dodson. The shooter turned the gun on herself after shooting another student in the lower extremities, Dodson told radio station KVLF. It's not clear if the female shooter was a student.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Unfortunately, these usually set off a chain reaction. One shooting this week and then all hell breaks loose for the next 2. It's like some of these nuts are just waiting for a signal from the others to go on a rampage. The media covering them like movie stars doesn't help at all. We'll know every little thing about them, how many shots were fired, what caliber, what guns were used, how they got them.....on and on and on.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   

So...one shooter.

The surprising thing to me was it being a female. I wonder if it was a love triangle.

Dave,
Yes you are,sadly, right about that. The copy cat effect is real and this is the beginning of the year..

But some writer at the lifetime channel just got an "idea" . Lindsey Lohan as the obsessed girl, and the mother of the victim portrayed by Meredith Baxter Burney.

sigh..

~meathead

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: intrptr

Because they want to make sure nothing happened at other schools...

Pretty common for school districts to do that, at least it is around here.

In the age of terror yah, pretty much...

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Alpine, TX. That's the area where Justice Antonia Scalia was murdered---I mean, died.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mike Stivic

So...one shooter.

The surprising thing to me was it being a female. I wonder if it was a love triangle.

Dave,
Yes you are,sadly, right about that. The copy cat effect is real and this is the beginning of the year..

But some writer at the lifetime channel just got an "idea" . Lindsey Lohan as the obsessed girl, and the mother of the victim portrayed by Meredith Baxter Burney.

sigh..

~meathead

This very nearly could have been me in highschool. I was going through a lot. Being physically beaten by an alcoholic family member, and bullied at school for not being a fully developed woman yet. (sorry my body waited until college to flourish I guess)

There were many times i considered taking the lives of others..... but I could never follow through with it. It just wasn't me no matter how much # I felt I was going through. I knew how serious taking someones life was, for that person, for their families, for their friends........

I wish she could have gotten whatever help she needed before this happened. Now I don't see a place for her in society. I know every time I say this, I get backlash, don't even bother this time.

IMO once you take someone elses life, for something so petty, you have no place in any community that I'm a part of.

-Alee
edit on 9/8/2016 by NerdGoddess because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: NerdGoddess

Sorry to hear your teen years were so stressful to the point you even thought about taking yours or someone else's life. Was the internet and social media prevalent when you were in high school? I think kids get a lot of pressure nowadays from the 24/7 ability to converse and sling insults and innuendos at each other.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join