It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chasing up a supposed USAF anti gravity crash in East Germany/East Berlin in the 1980s

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Greetings,

This is going to be a bit tricky, but I distinctly recall reading online about a crash involving a classified USAF aircraft very close to the East German (possibly East Berlin) border in the 1980s. Supposedly, the craft was not conventionally powered. As I recall, an observer (the writer) saw the circa 60 feet long, black triangular craft in a low speed crash and it then break apart on the ground - and low speed as in a speed that seemed to indicate it was not flying as a normal craft of that size should. What was interesting is that some of the parts that he noticed included at least one circular ball type object, that had some kind of hexagonal, pentagonal or octagon type pattern on it, that behaved "oddly", rolling in a strange way on the ground. Supposedly, the object was rolling and spinning continually. Soon, military type people arrived, covered the remains...and supposedly had create difficulty in retrieving the ball like object.

I remember reading this a few years ago, but for the life of me cannot trace the story again. It's like either I completely imagined it...or "someone" has removed all references to it. or maybe I am just using stupid keyword searches on google.

Question...

1) Does anyone remember reading about a story like this?
2) Has this ever been discussed on ATS?
3) Any ideas on what keyword search should be used?

Thanks guys...

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 08:45 AM
link   
I don't know anything about this specific story, but it rings a bell with me:

could it be about a hot-air balloon ride someone tried to use to get over the border into West-Berlin?

It might fit: irregular body (losing air through various bullet holes?), rolling motion on the ground (hot-air ballons deflated tend to roll around), slow impactspeed (shot down?), police and/or military forces coming to pick it up.

Because those attempts by hot-air ballons were made occasionally on the East/West-Berlin border.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope

I don't know if it's that: did hear plenty of stories about hot air balloon escapes, also remember there was that movie Night Crossing about it.

With this one, am pretty sure I remember the part about a triangle type craft, unusually low speed and a "ball" behaving very oddly. I think the ball was not balloon size, but a bit bigger than a basketball (a bit iffy on this one, but I think this was mentioned...)

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Only time id heard about the story was on a michael shratt youtube video.

The ball showing a weird propulsive effect interested me as it is contrary to my understanding of how the craft operates.

Those balls are designed to change the shape and strength of the dilectric field around the craft. What i cant understand is whats making the field to begin with.

On bigger vehicles i understand which componants or mechanisms are responsible on this little guy i dont know.

edit on 8-9-2016 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   
The "ball-shaped object" sounds a little like a gyroscopic stabilizer of some kind.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Borys

1980s is pre internet/pre camera phone era, so if it did happen don't get your hopes up regarding any images or pictures. Which is not to say the story has not been covered by some East/West German tabloid or fringe magazine. You may get lucky.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Only thing i found yet, regarding to the GDR is the "Haselbach Case".
Here is a link to an eglish article, only the name of the town is written wrong.

But that story with the "TR3B"(xD) crash sounds very interesting. I will see if i find something in german!

Ok, i guess the story above was a hoax, as i read now, But i found another case(translator needed), 5 GDR cops reported independetly an UFO to their supervisors.
That was on february the 3rd in 1985. In Halle/Saale. They saw something moving in the sky, from 5 different spots in the city. Something that came from the north and exploded near a russian miltary base. The StaSi files say that they found no debris and no explanation for that sighting.

edit on 8 9 2016 by DerBeobachter because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 04:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

Possibly, but I think I recall reading that this ball thing appeared to be from underneath the craft, but not too sure about this...

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 04:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: DerBeobachter
Only thing i found yet, regarding to the GDR is the "Haselbach Case".
Here is a link to an eglish article, only the name of the town is written wrong.

But that story with the "TR3B"(xD) crash sounds very interesting. I will see if i find something in german!

Ok, i guess the story above was a hoax, as i read now, But i found another case(translator needed), 5 GDR cops reported independetly an UFO to their supervisors.
That was on february the 3rd in 1985. In Halle/Saale. They saw something moving in the sky, from 5 different spots in the city. Something that came from the north and exploded near a russian miltary base. The StaSi files say that they found no debris and no explanation for that sighting.

Hi and thanks - am fairly sure neither of these stories relate to what I read. It was a long time ago, but I do remember mention of the dark triangular shape, the incident occurring close to the East Berlin/German border when the nation was still divided, the very low speed crash, and the ball with patterns on it that behaved oddly, then the cover up by military type personnel (can't recall if they were German, US or NATO general though).

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 05:19 AM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

NAILED IT!!! That is the one, a crash and retrieval in East Germany 1989!!! Thankyou BASSPLYR!!! And an illustration of the craft is here, the bottom right hand corner...

projectcamelotportal.com...

Some other great drawings too, but the bottom right hand corner is the one I was after and is exactly as I recall it. Now just going to try and follow up the story a bit more.

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 05:41 AM
link   
And here is the craft in question...

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Would the viewing angles from the cockpit of this alleged vehicle not somewhat limit the pilots ability to view the ground and/or terrain below him?

No wonder it crashed. LoL

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Probably not exactly F-16 quality visibility...but a bit better than the old MiG 21...

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   

To be honest the design reminds me of the anti gravity craft you race in Wipeout.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 06:18 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake
It does indeed - but I bet wipeout craft had cooler
stripes and graphics!

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 09:14 PM
link   

As mentioned on the drawing, the profile of this craft looks a lot like a F-117 Stealth Fighter.
edit on 2-10-2016 by denyeverything71 because: English

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: denyeverything71

F-117 is (was) a bomber, not a fighter.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 08:02 PM
link   
tbh windows on advanced military aircraft these days is irrelevant

Pilots use avionics suits which gives them complete spherical vision enabling them to see though the cockpit flaws, everywhere all around via a inside helmet screen

Even being able to fire missiles by winking, or even able to fire missile of other aircraft in the fight

It's scary crazy what they can do

We all know military technology is 20/50 years ahead of what is commercially available in black projects

Anyway, that was just my take on the Windows comment, intresting post and yes I did remember this incident being reported

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Didnt Germany have a stealth program along the same lines as the F117?Flew quite well apparently.

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 01:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Blackfinger

I think there were 2 programs, that resulted in a handful of about 75% scale non-flying prototypes by MBB: the Lampyridae; and by DASA, the FTT/FTTU/TDEFS. I believe it was just to test shapes and materials. More proof of a few concepts than something designed to really be a full program. Whilst not in English, you can get some good images of both programs here...

www.hitechweb.genezis.eu...

new topics

top topics

join