It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Libertarian candidate Gary Johnson: 'What is Aleppo?'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: luthier

Stop.

We all know what Aleppo is and we are not getting briefed by anyone. We watch the news.

It's all over.
Last week, that little boy covered in dust with the bloody face. Did anyone miss that?
Yes Gary Johnson did.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 09:27 AM
link   

edit on 982016 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I guess he was just confused on being asked a question that he thought might be to do with Medicare.

edit on 8-9-2016 by smurfy because: Video.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   
MSNBC edited out this part of the session:

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

while wingnuts like to gloat that mr johnson doesnt have a plan for aleppo - a more immediate question - for everyone is :

whats the current administrations plan ?

this is not a patisan issue - but one of practicality and urgency

if elected mr johnson will jave to wait till the middle of janurary 2017 to " do something " about apello

so - whats the incumbant administration doing today ?

thats what counts

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   
After looking up the word Aleppo I knew what it was about, but I had no clue of what the out of context word was. You memorize things using sequencing, something triggers memory retrieval. Aleppo out of context might not be recognized right away.

I don't know why being able to retrieve a name would be something a politician would need to be able to do fluently.

Here is some information some of you may not be aware of. To recall names of things out of the blue is harder when you have high acetylcholine which is a neuro-chemical that gives you the ability to reason. Now if you have low reasoning or acetylcholine than you can memorize things better. So being able to recall things like a parrot means you may not be able to diversely apply that information. There are a lot of entry level meds that block acetylcholine production or induce it to break down, stuff like paxil and prozac, beta blockers, fluorescamide, some antioxidants, I could go on and on.

So maybe Johnson has the ability to reason. Maybe he eats eggs and drinks coffee

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
a reply to: luthier

Of course, you know what he supposedly meant... I'm sick of hearing defenders just accept this ignorance and proceed to cover for them by telling us all what they mean.

He has already admitted that it's a big problem that he didn't know what it was and said he obviously had more to learn. Let HIM tell us what he means. How about that?

Here is what he said.

"This morning, I began my day by setting aside any doubt that I'm human. Yes, I understand the dynamics of the Syrian conflict — I talk about them every day," Johnson said in a statement to POLITICO. "But hit with 'What about Aleppo?' I immediately was thinking about an acronym, not the Syrian conflict. I blanked. It happens, and it will happen again during the course of this campaign.
Story Continued Below

"Can I name every city in Syria? No. Should I have identified Aleppo? Yes. Do I understand its significance? Yes."

Read more: www.politico.com...
Follow us: @politico on Twitter | Politico on Facebook

"As Governor, there were many things I didn't know off the top of my head. But I succeeded by surrounding myself with the right people, getting to the bottom of important issues, and making principled decisions. It worked," Johnson continued in his statement. "That is what a President must do.

edit on 8-9-2016 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   
(portion redacted)

After all the easiest way to get clowned by the media is to be dragged into making statements about making Assad go.

You mean you don't believe he's killing his people, aren't on board wth the administrations call for Regime Change , where is your humanity man, whats wrong with you?

Not that any other candidate or the current puppet has been asked this question recently, either. Maybe it will come up in the debates?

Not...

edit on 8-9-2016 by intrptr because: ()

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Here's his response I referenced earlier. He said he feels horrible, but took responsibility. I can totally respect his response. He said he has to "get smarter".

edit on 9/8/2016 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Well tjats probably a good thing.

If the president doesn't know were the place is he can't supply the terrorists there!

If only Obama and Bush didnt know were places were.....we would have had world peace by now!

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Gj obviously doesnt liveleak

Place is a nightmare these days

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   
R.I.P. Johnson/Weld

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   

*Sigh*

I really want to like Gary, I do,

Me too... me too...

I've been saying pretty much since the last election that my vote is Gary's to lose... and Gary himself has lost my support, but I will probably still be voting Libertarian. There isn't a chance in hell that Gary will win, but I've got my eye on that 5% that will put another party on the playing field.

If the polls show the Libertarians are well over that 5%, I will probably vote Green Party, and try to get another party on that playing field.

And, depending on how things play out between now and November, I may still vote LaVoy Finicum for prez.

My vote this election is purely strategic.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Here's his response I referenced earlier. He said he feels horrible, but took responsibility. I can totally respect his response. He said he has to "get smarter"

And you just can't say stuff like that while running for President. I get they wanna be humble and stuff, but there's a bare minimum requirement of knowledge and or understanding of the world that is required BEFORE you can take that job IMO.

Like..if anything. running for President should include:

1. A History Test.
2. A Civics Test
3.Current Events Tests

Because without those 3 things, a President is doomed to fail.

~Tenth

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Very interesting notion, you may be onto something.because I mean come on, your on the presidential ticket and you don't know what Aleppo is? He's either HIGHLY incompetent in many regards, or something else is going on, as you pointed out. Given his position Im thinking the ladder.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Never mind strike 1, or strike 2, you're OUT.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Between Trump, Clinton, and Johnson which of them has done on air interviews without obvious prescreening of the questions?

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   
First, he definitely wasn't just asking for clarification. He didn't know what Aleppo was.

I think it is definitely a bad look. However, I don't think it is a huge deal. I don't want to see elections get even worse than they already are with gotcha questions about city or foreign leaders names being asked to everyone.

Do people think this was any worse than Trump not knowing the nuclear triad (or for that matter Hillary thinking a "c" meant alphabetical order)?

I also though Johnson did the right thing by admitting it was a mistake and saying he needs to learn more. No shame in admitting you don't know everything, and its better than making excuses.

As a potential voter for him, I find this less alarming to me than some of his current policy stances.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Not seeking clarity, he looks stumped in the actual interview... surprised no one had posted this yet...
He say's he felt terrible about it in the above video... It doesn't speak highly to his foreign policy knowledge.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   
This guy and Trump, who is just as much an ignoramus, should at least before they run for president get in tune with the major issues of the day.

Trump didn’t even know what the nuclear triad was.

This is indicative of the fact that many candidates like this guy Johnson is a one-note candidate and doesn’t have the breadth of knowledge to be an intelligent president.

So much for the great libertarian who at least is independently ignorant!

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join