It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

"God's cleansing" or Devil tormenting the good people before the Day of the Lord?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Much has been spoken about the meaning of the suffering in the current world. It is evident that the good people suffer more in their personal lives.
How about the civilization that reached unimaginable level of technological and other development, and yet fails to secure the basic needs of people living in the developed part of the world?

Is the saying that God's judgment should start from his own house a true one, or is it true just the opposite? That the Devil knows his time is short, ad doing everything possible to torment not the evil sinners but the good people who try to obey God's laws? There isn't a sinless person, "humanum est errare". Still, clearly there are people who at least try to live what the Bible prescribes, and there are people who don't. In most cases, the goods of this world go to that second group. Although they suffer too.

If we have only months left before the great change promised by prophets old and new, (call it whatever you like to), then it is clear the devil will be enraged most of all times before. So we see phenomena not seen before, in terms of local conflicts, absurd migration million flows, and paradoxically, worsening not betterment of life of people living in the most developed part of the planet, that are also Christians. It is true the Buddhists and Hindu do not live quite hi level of standard in their countries, but may be they don't struggle to pay monthly bills that surpass the money needed for food and clothing, or even healthcare. In many third world countries the basic healthcare and education is free. The list is long.

If we assume that hypothesis as true, that the devil is in action right now, and not God who reserves the punishment of the wicked people for last, then we should change the view that "God's cleansing starts first from his own house". I don't see such "cleansing" anyway in the churches to occur.

Your thoughts on that?
edit on 8-9-2016 by 2012newstart because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-9-2016 by 2012newstart because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 02:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: 2012newstart
Still, clearly there are people who at least try to live what the Bible prescribes

Psalm 137
"Happy is he who repays you for what you have done to us
He who seizes your infants and dashes them against the rocks"

Judges 19:25
"So the man took his concubine and sent her outside to them and they raped her and abused her throughout the night..."

Jeremiah 19:9
"And I will make them eat the flesh of their sons an their daughters..."

Deuteronomy 25:11-12
"When men fight with one another and the wife draws near to rescue her husband. .. Then you shall cut off her hand."

Slavery, cannibalism, rape, stoning your own child, killing babies, mutilation. ..
If you think this book makes you a good person you'll rightfully rot in hell.
Burn your bible and grow a heart and a brain.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 03:00 AM
link   
The bible was corrupted by insane ideas. To much us vs them thinking (duality) and to little non duality (treat one another like they are yourself).

Evil uses duality as manifested in Nazism, wahhabism.

I think all souls should follow the golden path no matter what any book say and seek greater awareness and understanding.

edit on 8-9-2016 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 03:31 AM
link   
I'm trying to think of the evil things the Devil has done.

None come to mind.

God on the other hand?

Well, as an atheist I don't believe either exist.

But if I thought they did?

Hail Satan.

That does not mean I am for evil things such as rape, murder, etc.

I just think God would be the guilty party here.

Biggest hypocrite in all of existence (if he existed). Evil in every way.

So, God's judgement? Should start with himself.

edit on 9-8-2016 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 03:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: 2012newstart
Much has been spoken about the meaning of the suffering in the current world. It is evident that the good people suffer more in their personal lives.
How about the civilization that reached unimaginable level of technological and other development, and yet fails to secure the basic needs of people living in the developed part of the world?

Is the saying that God's judgment should start from his own house a true one, or is it true just the opposite? That the Devil knows his time is short, ad doing everything possible to torment not the evil sinners but the good people who try to obey God's laws?

That was written to a people living about 2000 years ago and the devil is wreaking havoc still, so either the prophecy was not true or metaphorical. To take it literally is insane and Satan is not a real being. Even in old Judaism the Satan is just the title of a specific angel whose appointed position is to tempt mankind and it means Adversary (Satan) in Hebrew even as a casual word. Satan is just a metaphor for the desire to do evil, the original opposing angel was Azazel but he was defeated and imprisoned before the flood in a mountain bound in chains and upside down, so God knows how to deal with and deals with his enemies and swiftly. So Azazel is called the scapegoat in some Bibles but Satan is the real Scapegoat for all things evil when the Truth is that we will be judged by our works for good or for evil and Satan is not responsible for sins because humans commit them. People don't like to believe that people are as evil as they are they need a scapegoat just to deal with the state of mankind which is no worse now than in old times, we have a lot of evil but it has always been that way. We also have a lot of good, if everyone does there part things go smoothly but greed and psychosis together is the cause of evil, not Satan.

There isn't a sinless person, "humanum est errare". Still, clearly there are people who at least try to live what the Bible prescribes, and there are people who don't. In most cases, the goods of this world go to that second group. Although they suffer too.

If we have only months left before the great change promised by prophets old and new, (call it whatever you like to), then it is clear the devil will be enraged most of all times before. So we see phenomena not seen before, in terms of local conflicts, absurd migration million flows, and paradoxically, worsening not betterment of life of people living in the most developed part of the planet, that are also Christians. It is true the Buddhists and Hindu do not live quite hi level of standard in their countries, but may be they don't struggle to pay monthly bills that surpass the money needed for food and clothing, or even healthcare. In many third world countries the basic healthcare and education is free. The list is long.

If we assume that hypothesis as true, that the devil is in action right now, and not God who reserves the punishment of the wicked people for last, then we should change the view that "God's cleansing starts first from his own house". I don't see such "cleansing" anyway in the churches to occur.

Your thoughts on that?

Yeah my thoughts are that God should stop wasting time and rid the world of evil so no one else ever has to suffer again and NOW.

I am sure he would agree, the only thing is that divine retribution is in another time and nobody suffers in death who suffered unjustly in life. He doesn't think about time just the end results as human suffering is only in this life, the next we won't have bodies.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 04:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

So you can take a single sentence out of the bible and use that single sentence to condemn it

That's called quote mining

It's a bit like your chief Dawkins saying the earth was seeded by aliens, oh wait, he did

Context not single sentences

Engage the brain before doing the nazi book burning thing

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 04:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Oh you!

His four verses not enough for you?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 9-8-2016 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 04:26 AM
link   

So you take a book that was written 2000 plus years ago, meant to teach savages the basics of civilization, as a guide to live in modern times and don't see any problems with that?

Try to solve an equation, discuss a wave function or whatever using Roman numbers, because that's basically what you're doing to society if you take those stories serious.

I used 4 quotes and I am sorry, but I could have quoted almost the whole bible, I just don't think that's necessary. Is it? Do you want me to dissect it word for word, starting with the creation bs?

Btw. Dawkins is right, not aliens but if you had a brain you would know we are created from the stars, everything is. Don't worry I don't expect you to understand it. Just to simplify it for you, atoms. Look into that.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 04:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

So you can take a single sentence out of the bible and use that single sentence to condemn it

It's a bit like your chief Dawkins saying the earth was seeded by aliens, oh wait, he did

Talks about a book written by insane people, to enslave insane people by telling them ghost stories involving a super duper sky wizard...

Says "Engage Brain"..

Ohhhh...

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Stardust and starwater
Please elaborate, I am interested

You quote mined the bible, nothing more
Left lots out didn't you, of course you did, but hey, it's neither here nor there is it

Dawkins is right, care to prove it...

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Proof? You mean handing you a dogma that frees you from thinking for yourself? No sorry, not interested.
But Da wkins, is right in that case f.e. for various reasons.

Here for the stars bit, but be careful it's educational .

And let us have a look at the first sentence in the James bible:

"In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. And the earth was without form and void and darkness was upon the face of the deep."

What we read here is the first exercise in eliminating all logic, before the story even starts. He created something but what that was was void. Hm void?
Completely empty space? God created formless empty space? Sounds right.
Shall we have a look at the next sentence or do you have enough?

edit on 8-9-2016 by Peeple because: Auto

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 05:08 AM
link   

(New post to emphasise the best bit)

"And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters."

I too look into the bible if I feel sad, because sh!the like that never fails to make me laugh. He made formless empty space, then not himself but the formless version of him moved upon water? Where's the water coming from? What's containing it? Why does he have to move to reach it?

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 05:45 AM
link   

So you can send a message criticizing the OP without adding to the topic and think that you are right in insulting someone referencing Nazis and book burnings like that isn't insanely inappropriate AND feel positively righteous for doing so?

That's called WTF?
edit on 8-9-2016 by Taxiarch because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 06:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

I too look into the bible if I feel sad, because sh!the like that never fails to make me laugh. He made formless empty space, then not himself but the formless version of him moved upon water? Where's the water coming from? What's containing it? Why does he have to move to reach it?

Any dimwit can take meaningless rhetoric and half measures to any written word.
Why anyone would do that to such a unique example of ancient literature is
beyond me.

Oh that's right, fear and hate!
edit on Ram90816v50201600000012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 07:09 AM
link   

i secound that. Wake up and realise that religion is a "Fther Christmas" story for adults. Be good or bad things happen. Be good now and stop spreading Religion which clearly is sinister in every way. live by 1 rule. Dont do unjust to anyone else. And be happy

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Taxiarch

So you can send a message criticizing the OP without adding to the topic and think that you are right in insulting someone referencing Nazis and book burnings like that isn't insanely inappropriate AND feel positively righteous for doing so?

That's called WTF?

Sorry
Let's all go burn books
Great idea

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

I am going to guess that once there was nothing then bang
Everything

I am delusional...

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 08:14 AM
link   

That's true you are.

Did you even read the link I posted earlier? About the early stars creating the elements? Did it say anywhere bang
everything?
You're just hostile, because you feel obliged to defend your dogma.
Let go. I am not against tradition. But the topic was if God would save you if you live by the bible.
Do you believe a merciful God, one worthy of adoration, would want you to stone your child, because it is disobedient? Or to treat other humans as animals? Or... anything of my first post?

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

I am catholic in 2016. What ever you were trying to say with that, you're obviously not talking about me.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Not when I said dimwit.
But OP is offering a thread that addresses mans spirituality.
If you aren't a spiritual person that's fine. But you could have some
respect for people who are.
edit on Ram90816v33201600000041 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join