It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Austin City Lights Are Beautiful and Here To Say Hello!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I don't live in Austin anymore, but I have some very fond memories of going to college at UT and working on the "the drag", so I decided to make this my screen name in honor of that time in my life. Outside of Austin, from a distance the view is spectacular as you can see.

Another view from another direction.
Anyway you look at it, beautiful.

I spent many nights in the foothills surrounding Lake Austin
or Lake Travis
staring into the heavens with my many girlfriends, drinking sangria and some other unmentionables, pondering life's many questions and writing poetry. I used to think I was a great poet, writing about the stars and love and thinking I had all the answers, as we do when we are young.

Those were special days indeed. I am very new to the Internet and the technology movement. I have had a computer for years, but I only recently began to explore this WWW. I, almost, feel like I am from a 3rd World Country in the middle of Africa, only I speak and write fluent English. Heck, I was the last one I know to get a cell phone and before that I was the last one to get a DVD player. I've had cable and I had a VCR. My wife is way ahead of me on all fronts, she is the Internet Guru. She has been trying for years to get me involved, so, here I am giving it the old gung ho try.

I have perused the forum options and I suspect I will venture into many of them at some time, but my love for poetry and writing will land me there most often, with conspiracy minded forums a close second. I like nature and taking pictures but my camera is old school so not much sharing from that aspect. I will not be involved in anything political. I will take a gander and offer up an opinion or two about 9/11, tragic and polarizing, taking up many years of emotion and toil on my heart and soul, prior to that JFK and MLK were the extent of my conspiracy events.

I would have been in Viet Nam if not for my medical issues, deafness and chronic back problems. I believe in a higher power, but I do not think organized religion is for me. It was at one time shoved down my throat by eager parents, but there came a day when I told them stuff it. That was not an easy conversation.

I lurked here for about a week before deciding to join, not sure how much you will see of me, today, I am very eager, but I am, also, kind of forced. I have quite a bit of time at the moment because I am bedridden, not going to divulge the nature of it. I will most likely be confined for a few weeks. I suspect I will find other interesting things to involve myself with now that I have a new laptop and the entirety of the WWW to explore, but I will be here to share anything of interest I find.

Hello to you all and have a great day the rest of the way!

edit on 8-9-2016 by austincitylights because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-9-2016 by austincitylights because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 01:37 AM
link   
a reply to: austincitylights

Welcome aboard😉.
I want this from Austin.
gourdoughs.com...
EL Arroyo and Shiner's Saloon!
And Stage 5😉

edit on 8-9-2016 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Welcome to ATS

That photo you posted with the city scape and the moon in the background is spectacular

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 02:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

Cute!

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 02:21 AM
link   
a reply to: threeeyesopen

Can't take credit for the photo, but ty I agree!

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Welcome to ATS.

Great photos!

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: _kuma_

Thank you, I tried to find pictures that represent the actual view that I had or remember in spite of the Mandela effect!

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Welcome to ATS

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

Thanks stoner!

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Ha...once a Texas boy....always a Texas boy....huh!!!
nice of ya to show the world a bit of the hill country...

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY

And where are you McKinney?

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Have you ever bumped into Bill Hicks / Alec Jones back in the day

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

Nope can't say I have. Who are they? UT alum?

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 08:50 PM
link   
yep, Austin....
may I call you Austin?
10 miles N E of McKinney da sticks....I forgot to say, We helped nail the carpet on the walls in 1971 at the ARMADILLO...!!
I wanna go home to the Armadillo.....
edit on 10-9-2016 by GBP/JPY because: our new King.....He comes right after a nicely done fake one

new topics

top topics

join