It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Another bakery refuses to make someone a cake

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   
And to think, all these mainstream news cake shenannigans began in 2008 when little Adolf Hitler couldn't get a birthday cake with his name on it at WalMart.

www.nbcnews.com...

First they came for Adolf,
Then they came for the Gays,
Then they came for Trump.

Will the madness never end?
Will Betty Crocker redeem us all?

STAY TUNED FOR THE EXCITING CONCLUSION OF THE HUMAN RACE.

edit on 9/8/16 by GENERAL EYES because: formatting edits

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: eriktheawful

originally posted by: CranialSponge
Am I the only one who finds it weird that an 18 year old kid is so enamoured/smitten (dare I say worship-y) over a political candidate that they want it on their fricken birthday cake ??

You must be too young to remember Alex P. Keaton, who was a character played by Michael J. Fox on the TV show Family Ties. (1982 - 1989)

His character's heros were Nixon, Reagan and William F. Buckely

...fictional character is fictitious....

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
The law means if they bake a cake for a straight person, they have to provide the same cake for everyone equally.

And if they refuse to make a same-sex union cake for a heterosexual customer?

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

The law means if they bake a cake for a straight person, they have to provide the same cake for everyone equally.

And if they refuse to make a same-sex union cake for a heterosexual customer?

I stated facts. Find it in the facts.

Its not a subject I have any intention of discussing further in this thread.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Oh, but let a space alien walk in there and order a Happy Fragmentation cake and we'll see who refuses.

I gots nuttin.

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Any baker anywhere can refuse to decorate a cake with words or images that conflict with their morals or beliefs (unless they do make them for some but not others) or if they feel they will get in trouble with the law. They cannot refuse business with a person based on their religion, skin color, sex and where applicable, sexual orientation and gender.

In other words if I go into into an exotic bakery as a heterosexual women and order a penis cake but then my male gay friend is refused the same cake... that's discrimination.

It seems like the baker in this instance was confused about a copyright issue anyway...

I can't believe some of you still don't understand this though.

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   
The liberal gays would have cried about it for months, the Trump girl goes down the street and gets it done.

There is a cultural divide between the people that vote left and right these days. It really is a contest between normal Americans and feckless worthless people. Seriously look at every political issue, create a spectrum of positions (ex. Wealthy v poor), and plot the republican position and the democratic position.
edit on 9-9-2016 by Reigning because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

And she was like I can make you a flag cake but I'm not going to write Trump on it

Legally they don't have to decorate it the way you want like a penis or boobs.

The cake issue so many still don't get it.

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

I can't believe some of you still don't understand this though.

They don't want to understand it.

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Reigning
The liberal gays would have cried about it for months, the Trump girl goes down the street and gets it done.

There is a cultural divide between the people that vote left and right these days. It really is a contest between normal Americans and feckless worthless people. Seriously look at every political issue, create a spectrum of positions (ex. Wealthy v poor), and plot the republican position and the democratic position.

Your kid is rejected from the conveniently located school across the street because he has red hair.

Now, you have to drive your kid across town to another school. (time, inconvenience, gas money, another neighborhood, etc)

Hope you're good with that.

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Your kid is rejected from the conveniently located school across the street because he has red hair.

Now, you have to drive your kid across town to another school. (time, inconvenience, gas money, another neighborhood, etc)

Yes I will survive. I' doubt I'll ever beg someone who doesn't like me or mine to take my money.

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Yes I will survive. I' doubt I'll ever beg someone who doesn't like me or mine to take my money.

I'm sure everyone believes you'd just accept your kid being rejected from the school across the street because he has red hair.

And its just perfectly acceptable to you - - that you now have to drive him clear across town to another school.

Uh huh. Of course, you'd do it just to make a point - - - even though it makes no sense.

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   

I'm sure everyone believes you'd just accept your kid being rejected from the school across the street because he has red hair.

And its just perfectly acceptable to you - - that you now have to drive him clear across town to another school.

Uh huh. Of course, you'd do it just to make a point - - - even though it makes no sense.

Not all of us are perpetual victims. Hopes thats alright with you Annie. What makes no sense is forcing people to like you, to serve you.

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Not all of us are perpetual victims. Hopes thats alright with you Annie. What makes no sense is forcing people to like you, to serve you.

Lame. What do you think laws are? What do you think they are for?

Feel free to go live somewhere there is no law - - and everyone is for themselves.

Definition of victim
: a person who has been attacked, injured, robbed, or killed by someone else
: a person who is cheated or fooled by someone else
: someone or something that is harmed by an unpleasant event (such as an illness or accident)

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Feel free to go live somewhere there is no law - - and everyone is for themselves.

Definition of victim
: someone or something that is harmed by an unpleasant event (such as an illness or accident)

I don't understand nor care. I have a feeling we're just different people with very different lives.

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Definition of victim

I don't understand nor care. I have a feeling we're just different people with very different lives.

Well I do care.

I lived before Equal Rights, Disability Act, Fair Housing, EOC, LGBT rights, Women's Rights, and when Bullying was considered a Right of Passage.

I know what it was like - - and it sucked!

The childish excuse "they can go somewhere else" is BS.

And don't tell me if it happened to you, you'd be OK with it.

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

I would care, my remedy would not be to litigate the issue in the hopes of spending my money at his business and putting more money into his pocket. I imagine I would, depending on the severity of the slight, do anything from telling him to F off and driving to his competitors to burning his house down with his tortured barely alive body inside. Some of us are hunters others are the prey (victims).
edit on 9-9-2016 by Reigning because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Oops! Sneezy cake!

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   

I would care, my remedy would not be to litigate the issue in the hopes of spending my money at his business and putting more money into his pocket. I imagine I would, depending on the severity of the slight, do anything from telling him to F off and driving to his competitors to burning his house down with his tortured barely alive body inside. Some of us are hunters others are the prey (victims).

Of course. Because it's all about you.

It's not about the disabled person who chooses a store for access convenience.

Or an LGBT person in a small town that only has one store.

Etc

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Of course. Because it's all about you.

It's not about the disabled person who chooses a store for access convenience.

Or an LGBT person in a small town that only has one store.

Etc

Because I'd rather put the bad actor out of business than force him to take my money?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join