It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Another bakery refuses to make someone a cake

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 10:06 PM
link   

BOSSIER PARISH, LA (KSLA) -
A Facebook post shared by a Bossier Parish teen is getting a lot of attention.
It reads, "Just left Albertsons. The woman behind the cake counter just refused to make me a birthday cake because I wanted Trump 2016 on it. Did that really just happen."

The cake is for the Benton girl's 18th birthday party, and the post has been shared now more than 150 times.

hhahahahahahahahahaha

Really?

"I was just venting on Facebook when I made the status that I made, I didn't think I was going to get as much attention as it did," explained 17-year-old, McKenzie Gill.

Gill's excited about voting in her first Presidential election. Not only does she want to share that excitement with her friends, Trump 2016, is the theme for her upcoming party.

"Trump is just someone I really look up to," said Gill.

When she and her Mom went to order her cake at Albertson's on East Texas Street in Bossier City, they weren't expecting the reaction they got.

"We just need an American flag cake with Trump 2016 on it, and right when I said Trump the lady just (makes face) kinda Trump? And she was like I can make you a flag cake but I'm not going to write Trump on it," explained Gill.

Gill says they decided to take their order elsewhere, and notified store officials.

"It's your job, we're not really going for your opinion on what you think of the candidates we were just wanting Trump 2016 on the cake."

The stores excuse?

“"We apologize to our customer in Bossier City for the situation regarding the cake that was requested. Our Bakery staff member misunderstood the training provided regarding copyrighted phrases, and incorrectly informed the customer we could not fulfill her request. We would be happy to provide the cake as the customer requested."

www.ksla.com...

You can't make this stuff up.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 10:09 PM
link   
And they took their business elsewhere, just like many republicans would argue people should do for their gay wedding cakes.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

At least once called out on it, they accepted that it was wrong and offered to make the cake rather than steadfastly refusing to do so on a principle based on discrimination.

Course if I were them I'd offer to do it for free to make up for the hassle caused by their employee, and if too late, offer them a coupon to get a free cake made at a later date.
edit on 9/7/2016 by Puppylove because: grammar and spelling

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 10:12 PM
link   

hhahahahahahahahahaha Really?

well , you made a threaad about it, we were all quite happy not knowing about it.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Welllll...it looks like THAT bakery had to eat their words...wait...Never-mind.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Very professional. Everyone looking for their 15 minutes.

Can't wait til I get the opportunity to get some newsworthy customer refusals.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

Just goes to show how silly and foolish discrimination is.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Wouldnt that fall under parody law?

edit on 7-9-2016 by BigBrotherDarkness because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 10:20 PM
link   

On so many levels.

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 10:28 PM
link   

"Trump is just someone I really look up to," said Gill.

Let him introduce you to campaign staffer Roger Ailes! You can look up at him too... from under his desk... if you want to keep your job.

There are some obvious differences here:

1. The refusal wasn't based on the who the person was but they wanted the cake decorated with. Bakers still don't have to make cakes with same sex toppers or anything else they don't want to decorate a cake with.

2. The excuse is at least plausible (and impossible to disprove).

3. The store was informed and immediately apologized and offered to make the cake.

4. Nobody is cheerleading the baker.

5. The baker will not be on TV being fawned over by pandering GOP politicians, televangelists or anyone else.

6. There will be no GoFundMe page created to pay the Albertson's bakery employee $500,000.
edit on 2016-9-7 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

So insult the girl who wanted the cake.

Sure, this won't make the rounds because it makes anyone against Trump look like they discriminate.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I think the deranged employee should be punished.

She should be sentenced to community service at a local Trump Campaign office.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I wonder if the baker would have made a Taylor swift inspired cake with "This sick beat from 1989" on it.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

1) The christian bakers didn't refused based on who the person was either. In most cases the customers had done business with the bakers, florists, etc before. I know this may sound odd, but when a gay person asks for birthday cakes or get-well floral arrangements there is no conflict of faith.

2) Who cares about their 'excuse'? Was money exchanged? Were contractual agreements signed? Nope. No fault, no foul.

3) In most cases the christian bakers or florists apologized beforehand and offered the names and numbers of other caterers.

4) Conservatives aren't really attacking these bakers. We're pointing out the hypocrisy of the left who shrug it off. Because we like to mock liberals.

5) Because the teenager is not going to sue them.

6) Because the teenager is not going to sue them.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I support the bakers right not to use their art as they see. Just like I support the bakers not to bake a cake for a gay wedding.

If you stop them from buying an already made cake, then I have an issue.

The government shouldn't force people's labor.

If someone doesn't like your actions: supporting trump or gay wedding that's their right, and I am tolerant of that right.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 11:04 PM
link   

If it were a small business, I think they can refuse to write 'Trump 2016' on a cake. It breaks no federal laws to refuse to do that.

In regard to Albertson's, which I find is a chain, the employee should follow their policy.

I just found this crazy cake one:

Bakery investigated for refusing to write anti Gay message on cake

The cakes that he ordered were specifically requested to be shaped like bibles, and have the words “God hates gays” written on them, with a picture of two men holding hands with a line through it.Read more at thefreethoughtproject.com...

The owner offered to bake any cake and provide the icing, but not write it. I wouldn't have either.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Alternate title for thread not used: Pipe down!

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Would of loved to seen the investigation on violating copyright laws:

"Excuse us, we're investigating a cake that may have had writing on it that violates a copyright law."

BUUUUUUUURP!

"Sorry, we ate it."

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 11:24 PM
link   
this proves Trump will be the clear winner

+4 more 
posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Am I the only one who finds it weird that an 18 year old kid is so enamoured/smitten (dare I say worship-y) over a political candidate that they want it on their fricken birthday cake ??

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join