It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inside a University Ceremonial PC Cult Chamber (Safe Space)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Hardcore Cringe Worthy Material!

H.C.W.M.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   
It's an echo chamber designed to isolate the members from contrary viewpoints.

I thought "this is like a cult" before you even got to that part of the post.

We need to start viewing these people as religious fanatics. They're victims of brainwashing, we need to save them by sending them to reeducation camps with armed guards.

FEMA?

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
Some how this very thread sounds like a safe space so never mind me, I will leave you all to your mantras. Bye.

This makes no sense. The OP is calling out a cancer that is spreading through our cultures. A cancer that seeks the end of free speech, the end of learning and the end of progress. What in the world does that have to do with your response?

As I have come to understand these 'safe spaces' from reading about them here on ATS, they are places that people who find the rigors of contrary views dilatory are establishing. Places where like minded people can exist for a while 'apart' from that which they find offensive.

With this understanding, I can understand OPs and other repliers extrapolation that they are cult-like, though having been a cult watcher now for decades, I found that extrapolation tenuous. The first quote in the OP is an example of this tenuousness. To me it sounds like 'group therapy' rather than cult indoctrination. But, going with the OP and others evaluation of it I can see the comparisons to indoctrination. If we stretch it. But in doing so we would have to interpret all 'group therapy' in the same manner, such as any groups for alcohol and drug abuse or sex abuse or what ever. Indeed we might extrapolate out even farther to include any therapy at all, in 'safe' places such as a physiologists couch.

So as I found this thread to be in an exaggerated mode, like so many here on ATS, I decided to look at it from a 'flip side' point of view and here is what I found.

First, I find that ATS can be seen as a place for many who find the rigors of contrary views in everyday life oppressive. The forums are littered with people who say that they feel isolated from those around them in their everyday lives and that conversation with them oppressive for being out of the ordinary. I also find that many people who post, especially on our more socially conservative topics who not only feel that all conservatives are being oppressed by what they see as the liberal world around them and they come here to vent and discuss and thrive with like minded individuals.

In many of these threads, there is a camaraderie and lots and lots of back slapping in the form of stars and flags. Often it is also noticeable that when one or two of dissenting opinion post, they are ganged up on by 'those who are not cult members' in the thread.

My use of the term 'mantra' pertains to the almost rhetorical use of terms and phases that appear over and over again from one thread to the next. Like repeating a mantra over and over makes it real, which if we study neuro-linguistic programing we can find that it does.

This makes no sense. The OP is calling out a cancer that is spreading through our cultures. A cancer that seeks the end of free speech, the end of learning and the end of progress. What in the world does that have to do with your response?

So maybe I have explained how my reply made sense. I was exaggerating no less than you when you suggest that these people who see the world differently than you are a spreading cancer around the world and seeking to end your free speech.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
First, I find that ATS can be seen as a place for many who find the rigors of contrary views in everyday life oppressive. The forums are littered with people who say that they feel isolated from those around them in their everyday lives and that conversation with them oppressive for being out of the ordinary. I also find that many people who post, especially on our more socially conservative topics who not only feel that all conservatives are being oppressed by what they see as the liberal world around them and they come here to vent and discuss and thrive with like minded individuals.

In many of these threads, there is a camaraderie and lots and lots of back slapping in the form of stars and flags. Often it is also noticeable that when one or two of dissenting opinion post, they are ganged up on by 'those who are not cult members' in the thread.

Interesting approach. The problem is this isn't just a conspiracy forum, not any more. It isn't just an atheist, or a republican, or a pro-gay, or a whatever. It's as diverse as twitter, except its people whom tend to care about 'politics' and whom seek to debate people from every viewpoint on every issue they get into.

If you want a proper cultish 'safe space forum model' go check out the James Randi forum, or even better the Zeitgeist Movement forum.
edit on 8-9-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
Hell no Bliss, I ain't looking for any proper forum, just trying to add a touch of perspective that might not normally be mixed into what appears to be an anti-something thread.

One thing I am learning from hanging out here is how almost any staunch or emphatic position can rather easily by flipped on it's head and mirrored with intriguing similarities. You point out how diverse this place can be and that is one of the points that stimulates me personally. When one person writes things that I am in polar disagreement with and then in another thread find that same person saying things that I find insightful. I much prefer that to the 'choir preaching' that is just so lame now.

Last week some one posted a campaign speech by Kaine and suggested that it was proof positive that Clinton was sick and that Kaine had let the cat out of the bag. So I watched the video yet could find no substance in it suggesting that. You probably saw that thread. He was speaking out about Trump through out. But even that point was meaningless to me. What I heard in that brief monologue was absolutely nothing but 'choir preaching'. Trump this, Trump that, on and on of meaningless blather all of it. Choiring. And not just the democrats but the republicans too, not just the left but the right to boot. And not just out there, but here as well, just ,well, more extreme. For instance this, from above my last reply

It's an echo chamber designed to isolate the members from contrary viewpoints.

I thought "this is like a cult" before you even got to that part of the post.

We need to start viewing these people as religious fanatics. They're victims of brainwashing, we need to save them by sending them to reeducation camps with armed guards.

FEMA?

This very quote can, if viewed from a leftist position, can be used to validate for some extremists the course of action laid out by the poster, yet, it can also be validation for the same by the right towards the left. See? We are surrounded by echo chambers, left and right, both and it seems to me neither groups seem to realize it. Why? Because one of the main points of cultism is very very simple. They do not know they are cult members, indeed will fight tooth and nail to deny it.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer

You may find Sargon of Akkad's YouTube channel of interest. Or perhaps not. I have found that people either find it of interest, or they don't like it at all. I personally don't agree with all of his viewpoints or approach, but appreciate much of the content. He actually likened the SJW crowd to cults about a week or so ago.

When I first saw your OP I thought you may have seen them.

I'm wittingly familiar with some of his work now. It turned out I had some videos of his in my huge WOD piece before I actually absorbed the 'who' of the source. During my crash course into all this stuff the ones I had come across were a HUGE help in assembling a framework of everything.

But no I never keep up on any single 'regular broadcasts' or anything. Didn't see it there.

Back in summer, when still kind of new to this material, I had started getting a sense here (some big scientology discussions at the time), but then hadn't thought of it in a while. Lately I was noticing GodEmperor using the term in describing liberalism and it got me really thinking about it again. This was my first poke & prod into the SJW Cult subject...

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Yeah. Over the years I've seen a same person praise me in the morning and then want to slit my throat later that day in another topic

What's funny is how most people pretty much think the same (the mechanisms not the ideals) and do the same stuff. I bring it up here and there lately. Normally its some of the material I enjoy bringing up 'more than anything', although this year my brief return I've been on mostly singular intents (this new to me SJW mania coupled with this extremo election).

Anyways I often look for good chances to point out the examples of when people scream about hating something someone's 'doing' when they do it to, I mean in terms of its kind of like 'we all bleed red'.

Mass social group adherence is the utmost thing that drives people to these sorts of blindful extremes. Even me being about as outside the box as a person could be(especially upon return this year), and yet I sometimes still commit, catch myself commiting the 'sin' of lumping the on the spot 'opposition' into being of the same camp. Even not being in one of the binary groups in such an equation you get enough of them coming at you all the time and the "us vs them" thing starts to arise (although for me its usually "them vs me" following 'me vs them' lol).

Part of my fascination has always been studying the neural mechanisms behind these sorts of things. Luckily for me the most important study basically ever on such came out during my first year of being all into politics, and I right away modeled my own twist on religion based upon it in attempts to create the ultimate un-religion (that applies to all major social groups beyond religion which to me often take on the same level of self deluded group think):
"Socio Agnosticism"

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Anyways I often look for good chances to point out the examples of when people scream about hating something someone's 'doing' when they do it to,

Like going out of your way to find out what happens in safe spaces, saying its a ridiculous echo chamber with cultish posters...

...Then going to a site with an overwhelming consensus that SJWs are annoying, postering it with conjectural memes in favor of the general accepted ideology, and getting upset when people think you're being annoying?

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Ok, leaning to the left female here.

While I agree this IS a form of hypnosis, so are most church services as well has military boot camps.

It's not entirely evil and sometimes it does help to talk with people who share your views to brain storm about solutions.

My problem with this is it represses helpful feelings (anger, feeling of injustice) that lead people to take action.

They don't need to breath and hold hands, they need to discuss and then act upon real solutions.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 01:45 AM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom
here is your remix
soundcloud.com...

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 04:28 AM
link   
It might be worth pointing out that, that by them including the free cookies & condoms (etc), it might be argued those are effectively Pavlovian Operant Conditioning "rewards".

Hey, if you can teach a bird to "Bowl"....

And play Basketball...

...free cookies & condoms emboldened by social group trance rituals... oh noes!
edit on 10-9-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   

“We would like to thank all the caterers who took part in the selection process, and congratulate these 12 who will be helping us put on a fantastic convention,” said Convention CEO Jeff Larson. “The Convention is rapidly approaching, and these official caterers will play a crucial role in making sure all of our delegates, guests, and volunteers have the time of their lives. Their contributions to the Convention cannot be understated, and we are very excited to include these caterers in our preparations.”

Caterers listed by GOP Convention venue:

Quicken Loans Arena
· Aramark
· Driftwood Group
· Hungry Bee
· Marigold Catering

Progressive Field
· A Taste of Excellence
· Delaware North
· Simply Southern Sides

Freedom Plaza
· Aramark
· Delaware North
· Del’s Catering

Huntington Convention Center
· Bubba’s Q
· Executive Caterers
· Levy
· Normandy Catering

Src
edit on 10-9-2016 by DeadFoot because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-9-2016 by DeadFoot because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join