It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inside a University Ceremonial PC Cult Chamber (Safe Space)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 10:04 PM
link   
All the hubbub over these "Safe Spaces", but have you ever seen inside one? Today I got to wondering what happens when they go inside them. A little poking around Youtube and this is what I did find:

So there it is. Having a bad day? Are you having doubts about your faith? Did you just get owned in a debate? See someone wearing a Trump t-shirt? Too many straight cis white men in the hallway this morning? No problemo! Just step into the Safe Space and entrance yourself in all of the pro-anti cis white people propaganda posters and such. Don't forget your free condoms and lube on your way out.

But what goes on inside there, these isolation rooms?

Safe Spaces - Berkeley Student Cooperative
“Impulse”
the group forms a circle and holds hands. the facilitator sends an impulse (hand squeeze) around the circle variations: eyes closed; time it and do it a few times; do snaps, whistles, finger snaps, claps etc
"Step Out”
NOTE: this is a SILENT activity, and should only be done once a SAFE SPACE has been established. the group forms a circle, including the facilitator, and holds hands. the facilitator then reads a list of‘step out’ questions and directions. ex: “step out if you have ever felt alone. (pause) take a look around you. (pause) please step back. step out if you…” etc. when a person chooses to step out, they drop the hands of those in the circle, and take one step toward the center, where they pause, look around, and then rejoin the circle and hold hands again. the last question should be “step out if you could have stepped out for a question, but chose not to”.
variations: at the end of the activity, hold a brief guided meditation (on our oneness, on the connection of the community, honoring our common experiences and bravery in sharing them, etc); before and/or after this activity, do an “Impulse” activity.

Isolation rooms and meditation ceremonies, where have I heard all this before?

What are the Characteristics of a Religious Cult?
Many people have studied cults. Because all cults have different beliefs, cult experts have identified common characteristics of cults, which they use to identify new cults. Thus, an organization can be identified as a cult no matter what their beliefs are. We have used the following lists of cult characteristics to help us analyze whether or not the _______________ is a religious cult. We make the following lists available to others as a public service. If you have any reason to believe that you or anyone close to you is involved with a group that you suspect is a cult (religious or not) then you can use the following lists to help you decide whether the group is a cult. Please note that a group doesn't need to have all the characteristics in any one list to really be a destructive cult. If a group has more than half of the cult characteristics in any of the lists below, then you should be concerned.

(Cult Information Centre) Mind Control techniques include:
Isolation
Inducing loss of reality by physical separation from family, friends, society and rational references.

Cults 101: Checklist of Cult Characteristics
Mind-altering practices (such as meditation, chanting, speaking in tongues, denunciation sessions, and debilitating work routines) are used in excess and serve to suppress doubts about the group and its leader(s).

edit on 7-9-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Love the music at the end of that vid.

"Patriarchy! Patriarchy!"

We need more SJW remixes.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Hahaha!

Social Engineering at its finest!

Step by step each Bill of Right's has been removed, those damn Fabians are quite clever!

Nice touch adding in the Cult mind control!

S&F
edit on America/ChicagoWednesdayAmerica/Chicago09America/Chicago930pmWednesday10 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Hmmm, I always thought they were something like this.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I won't lie. I'm disgusted by SJWs. Absolutely. I've signed an online petition in attempts to remove such courses from universities. Proud of it.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I'm not inherently at odds with them having their own sort of rec hangout room or whatever, but the "Safe Space" phrase has always bugged me. I know I'd be turned off to using them on that front. It makes it sound silly, sissy and childish. They need a new phrase. Meanwhile it is segregation, although self-segregation.

The parts that makes it worth posting though are the walls being plastered with cultish propaganda posters, and of course the actual recommended cultish ceremonial practices.

With posters like those I would expect them being regimented from spending lots of time isolated in there, stoking the Us vs. Them mentality, especially while in there entrancing themselves like that (in psychonautics the "setting" is everything).

The group has a polarized us-versus-them mentality, which causes conflict with the wider society.
edit on 7-9-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I may be wrong, but IIRC, these SJW types and courses are starting to pop up in Europe and in some way are connected to Soros (via funding?). Maybe someone could give more info there, or set me straight?

Either way, it seems to me and my conspiratorial mind, that this "movement" or whatever you want to call it, of special snowflakes, is cultivated and propagated by TPTB. No surprise there, I'm sure.

I will add, that my disgust with these types, isn't to say that there aren't necessarily issues that could be addressed.

But things like calling a tanning cream company racists because they offer bronze-black..

Just no.

And these "Safe Spaces" aka Echo Chambers have no place in universities.

edit on 9-7-2016 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 10:47 PM
link   

For a safe space I found a lot of the material on the walls quite offensive.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Some odds stuff for sure.

If someone would care to explain to us what anti-capitalism has to do with being pro-gay, etc, that would be fantabulous!

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 10:56 PM
link   

I think calling it a cult is quite appropriate.

There is no rationality, everything is emotion-based.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Some how this very thread sounds like a safe space so never mind me, I will leave you all to your mantras. Bye.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Watching this:

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 11:28 PM
link   
At the moment I am finding the whole of it as an passing and insignificant curiosity.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 12:05 AM
link   

You may find Sargon of Akkad's YouTube channel of interest. Or perhaps not. I have found that people either find it of interest, or they don't like it at all. I personally don't agree with all of his viewpoints or approach, but appreciate much of the content. He actually likened the SJW crowd to cults about a week or so ago.

When I first saw your OP I thought you may have seen them.

edit on 9-8-2016 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Why do you care so much about what other people want to do with their time?

Does it harm anybody if somebody wants to have a 'safe space' to go to?

No.

So why does it matter?

Let them have it, it's no skin off my shin.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 08:06 AM
link   
This stuff is common place, yet you still have regressives all over the place denying there is any racial hatred or discrimination of whites. Watch this debate and see a left wing Muslim rationalize racism against whites. She thinks it's completely normal and acceptable because this is what they're being taught in school and in the media.

originally posted by: Metallicus

For a safe space I found a lot of the material on the walls quite offensive.

Yeah but it doesn't matter because you're white and thus not subject to the same standards of respect and protections from institutional racism.
edit on 8-9-2016 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
Some how this very thread sounds like a safe space so never mind me, I will leave you all to your mantras. Bye.

This makes no sense. The OP is calling out a cancer that is spreading through our cultures. A cancer that seeks the end of free speech, the end of learning and the end of progress. What in the world does that have to do with your response?

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz
Why do you care so much about what other people want to do with their time?

Because this is infringing on the rights of others, destroying individuality and regressing us to racial segregation.

Does it harm anybody if somebody wants to have a 'safe space' to go to?

Yes, it harms the people who feel they need a safe space and it hurts society as a whole.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 09:50 AM
link   
How exactly are your or my rights infringed though? I don't see it.

My rights aren't infringed. They have the right to have a quiet space. I have the right to think it's daft, but okay, if that's what they want, so what? You know?

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Just as I thought, it's a place where folks go to talk about other folks without being taken to task for what they are talking about by the folks they are talking about.

Then they leave the safe space even more bitter and pissed at everyone not part of their worldview.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join