It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boeing Defense to unveil T-X trainer in St. Louis on Sept. 13

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Just saw this.

Boeing Defense to unveil T-X trainer in St. Louis on Sept. 13

I guess Boeing is trying to drum up support in order to get that contract.

Good luck to them.

The public will get its first glimpse of Boeing's T-X trainer in St. Louis on Tuesday, Sept. 13, but the aerospace giant already is providing a sneak peek of the aircraft online.

Boeing describes the aircraft as an "all-new advance pilot training system designed specifically for the U.S. Air Force training mission."

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   
mobile.twitter.com... 24986112

www.boeing.com...
edit on 9/13/2016 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Surprise, surprise the mid to aft section looks a lot like an F-18 and the nose like a Gripen.

edit on 13-9-2016 by Sammamishman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   
So... Looks like it's going to be a very capable entry. Not quite what everyone was expecting, no? No delta-canard Saab Gripen.. Still, looks like a very capable f/t-x design. From the video you can see some things given away. Stealth features like hidden turbine.. ducted exhast.. Looks like it could be 9g and definitely has afterburner.

Looks like an exciting aircraft. Potential of its use beyond training is where I'm interested to see more about. They've already built two from the ground up so they're confident in what they have.

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Sammamishman

I like it. It looks like it will be a good fit for a trainer.

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Good looking air frame and yes you can see the design heritage of both companies.

Boeing has a new manufacturing process (The name escapes me at this point) that is supposed to cut costs and perhaps allow a lower unit cost etc. It did not get them the LSR-B but it may make a difference in this competition given the numbers involved

On a plus side I love the Grippen and would like to see SAAB prosper. All the majors have an overseas partner (3 European, one is Korean) which would help in exporting it. As much as I like the Scorpion it seems along shot given that they would have to adapt it to a one engine configuration etc

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: FredT

Black Diamond.

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I have to second this.

I like it and, given the politics of the industrial base, this would be a good buy for that reason, too.

PCAS, 6th gen & OA-X are next, yes?

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

Black Diamond.

Thanks for the life of me I was thinking it had a skiing reference but could not come up with it.

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   

It's got the LERX, wing, and tail area of the Hornet. Looks like the gear too. That will keep costs down.

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

It's got the LERX, wing, and tail area of the Hornet. Looks like the gear too. That will keep costs down.

The general requirements are posted but I can't find a specific item. Any idea if it includes a Vulcan (or equiv) for A2G and A2A?

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 08:44 PM
link   

No. It's going to be pretty limited in actual weapons systems. They'll do weapons training with their actual unit.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   
There's something about this aircraft they didn't want people seeing. In the video of them painting it, they had the canopy off, and had the cockpit area blurred while it was off.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Looks more like a gussied up T-38 to me.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Looks like a single engine F-18 to me. The more I see of it, the more i like it.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 07:48 PM
link   

It's a Gripnet.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Ha! I like it "the all new Gripnet, built by Saaboeing".

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Saaboeing beats Raynardo, Leotheon, or Kaheed.

edit on 9/15/2016 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Sounds like a cartoon sound effect...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join