It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Impressions of People

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Do you ever get an impression about a person from seeing them or just seeing them in a photo?
Well, I do and I found it stange that when I viewed a picture of Mahammad Khatami, someone that I theoretically should dislike because media tries to make us dislike Iran, but I get the impression that he is a person of high integrity. Is my impression wrong?

Info About Him:
en.wikipedia.org...
www.president.ir...
news.bbc.co.uk...

[edit on 21-1-2005 by Prince_Machiavelli]

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 01:57 PM
link   
As strange as it seems it happens to me all the time!

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 02:01 PM
link   
It seems like my impression may be correct because everything I read about this guy only brings up good things. He is trying to improve Iran and make it a better place for youth and women. None of it corroborates the rhetoric coming from the media. If they are producing nuclear materials as suggested by some, it wouldn't be of his control, but it would be a rogue in his cabinet, most likely.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Prince_Machiavelli
Do you ever get an impression about a person from seeing them or just seeing them in a photo?

It seems like my impression may be correct because everything I read about this guy only brings up good things.

There are several ways of getting impressions, whatever your mind is capable for. Some ppl require photos, others need actual contact, many can handle simple text, too. The fact, that you weren't able to find bad things about him, proves that he is a good person.

I believe, that bad impressions really mean that a person has hostile desires against others, and even if he was trying to hide them, at some points they could be seen. Especially after a long time.

Nobody is a superman, everyone is an individual, and you can see in their soul with confidence.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Cool.......I feel special now.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Not to put a kink in this because I beleve the same thing for the most part, however people often felt good after seeing pictures of Ted Bundy as well. I think looks can be deceiving.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 05:42 PM
link   
let me share my impression of Mr. Khatami.
On the outwards layers he projects confidence, dignity and a genuine intent to be an honest and progressive person, but I sense dark dark secrets, compromises within his character's values to get him where he is. He is a man with obligations and debts, something deep inside in is bothering him. He knows he will have to repay this debt soon.

that's all I get, take it for whatever it's worth or tear it to shreds

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by frosd01
As strange as it seems it happens to me all the time!

This is not something that is strange at all
..."all" people get an impression of people....it's not necessarily the correct one, but we all judge from looks, to mannerisms. When we see a picture of someone, it's natural to get a reaction of what we think they are like...I think everyone does this!

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 05:54 PM
link   
When I saw BSB on their "QPG(WMH)" vid, I sotra understood them. And when I saw Paris Hilton in an article in the Enquier in Fashion week back in May of 1998, She practicly had "SLUT, WHORE, AND RICH B***CH" all over her soul.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianConspirator
Not to put a kink in this because I beleve the same thing for the most part, however people often felt good after seeing pictures of Ted Bundy as well. I think looks can be deceiving.

It is the behaviour disorders of those people who feel good after seeing the pic of Ted Bundy. Sensible people have healthy feelings and soul, and they know what feelings are right, and what are wrong.

Lots of confusions in some people's mind... I wonder, where do they originate from...

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 06:22 PM
link   
my first impression has never failed me! however, pictures are somewhat tricky, you actually judge far better in person.

as for this picture, the man would seem to be a good guy, possibly cought in a deep sh#$ and therein lies the problem.
well, that's my impression, I don't even know who he is.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Before reading all of your original post, I just looked at the picture and tried to get a feeling. After a moments meditation, I got a "positive" feeling. Take it for all it's worth or tear it to shreads--I like that LadyV!

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Thats cool. Thanks for the replies everyone.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aliz
Take it for all it's worth or tear it to shreads--I like that LadyV!

Why would I tear it apart? I said it was "not" strange...that most people "do" this.....

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aliz
Before reading all of your original post, I just looked at the picture and tried to get a feeling. After a moments meditation, I got a "positive" feeling. Take it for all it's worth or tear it to shreads--I like that LadyV!

I think Aliz was referring to worldwatcher.

Personally when i see a picture of ol osama i don’t see a terrorist a see a good man tormented.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by kode

I think Aliz was referring to worldwatcher.

::::Blush, blush:::: Oh, sorry!

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
let me share my impression of Mr. Khatami.
On the outwards layers he projects confidence, dignity and a genuine intent to be an honest and progressive person, but I sense dark dark secrets, compromises within his character's values to get him where he is. He is a man with obligations and debts, something deep inside in is bothering him. He knows he will have to repay this debt soon.

that's all I get, take it for whatever it's worth or tear it to shreds

OMG, ill have to choose "shreds" please . You got all this by looking at a pic of sombody you dont know from a bar of soap? In your crystal ball?

Im glad youll never serve on jury duty in my neck of the woods !
Sorry.

Having said that we do often get an impression of somebody we meet in person immediatly. Often we like them, are neutral, or instinctively dont like them on sight. I cant explain that either except as perhaps a sixth sense, or feeling about a person, good vibes/bad vibes kind of thing. but from a picture? Thats a bit much to swallow, moreso extrapolating things like "dark secrets".Puhlease ! give it a break Madam Mysterious !

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 07:30 AM
link   
It's sometimes interesting what kind of impressions one can get by examining the 'Who's on member list at the bottom of the ATS screen' when one has the leisure time to do so.

top topics

join