It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Commander-in-Chief Forum

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 12:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

Q: What is your plan to beat ISIS.
Trump: I have a plan, but I'm not going to make it public so the enemy knows it, cause I'm not a tactical moron.

Kind of like how Mexico is going to pay for the wall, he has a secret plan for that too. Oh, and what about his "softening" on immigration...oh right...it's a secret that he will discuss at a later date. Or how about his plan to beat China in trade...oh right...secret. How about how he is going to pay for his increased military spending...you guessed it...he has a plan...but it's secret.

Do you not see a pattern here? Trump has fantasy ideas...but no concrete plans or details.

He is somehow getting by with his supporters by telling them "I have a great plan...the greatest plan...but I can't tell you what it is. Just believe me.". And for some reason...they do.

This is also clearly what he meant, but let himself get too caught up in his own ego to admit that his original statement was proven wrong once he acquired more inside information.

LOL, so you "know" what he actually meant...even though that isn't what he said at all?

Aren't you the one that says you don't support Trump? But it seems like you eat up his lies and empty promises fairly easy.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 12:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: kruphix

Maybe because Clinton answered the questions that were asked and Trump didn't?

Yea, that didn't happen.

Yeah...it did.

You may not have liked the answers, but Clinton actually answered the questions that were asked.

Trump didn't, he just flat out didn't even talk about the question. I can remember ONE question he did directly answer...and that is that he would support an illegal immigrant getting citizenship if they served in the military because it is a "special case".

Which of course, is contradictory to what he has said previously..."no path to citizenship".

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 12:34 AM
link   

He also said they had become politically compromised,earlier.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Like how she was asked about her server by the mod for the very first question and immediately deflected to an email account?

I was there man...saw it all go down!

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 12:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
This needed to be a 2 hour forum, with military and veterans asking questions and Trump/Clinton both on stage together to answer them and also speak to each others responses. What we heard tonight was nothing more than a 1/2 hour press conference per-candidate, with a long-winded reporter interjecting himself too much.

About the last thing the MSM and the PTB want right now is what
everyone craves-- yes, everyone... a knock down, drag out on the
core issues splattered onto both platforms' shaky BS. Mediation this
election cycle has been bumped to question scripting and narrative
steering... and it sucks. I remember Nixon sweating a long time ago,
I was in front of a tube for that one too with Jack.

The main distinction here is, one of the candidates stands to lose
a lot of votes with a public airing of a laundry truck that size.
And the mediation will be for every debate except maybe Fox and
the last, a tanked individual for Hillary and no audience around.

I doubt even that will suffice-- because questions left unanswered
will be answered by the consciousness of public opinion. On the
other hand and more likely-- who's playing who on NBCs tonight?

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Like how she was asked about her server by the mod for the very first question and immediately deflected to an email account?

Wait...do you think her "server" and her "email account" are two different things?

LOL!

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 12:42 AM
link   

I say it's what he meant because he also mentioned at one point when asked about the intelligence meeting his criticism of Obama not listening and doing the opposite of what the generals told him to do. Putting the two together it seems the most logical conclusion.

Also I don't support Trump, but I'm anti-Hillary. I'd rather see Trump in than Hillary. So I'll defend Trump against stupid criticisms.

Building the wall is idiotic, but not telegraphing to your enemies how you intend to defeat them is not. I can both recognize that one thing is stupid, but the other is not? Why can't you?

There have been times I've called out some of Trumps actions, but not many because I prefer he win over Hillary because I believe Hillary needs to be taken down on principle alone.

I mean seriously, when you play chess do you tell your opponent, "Hey I just moved my queen here as bait for your knight. Once you use your knight to take my queen it will allow me to take your knight with my bishop and in doing so allow me to put you in check mate" and thus make sure he knows not to fall for your ruse?
edit on 9/8/2016 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 12:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: sirlancelot
Sad watching Megyn Kelly (Fox News) do a hatchet job on Trump, Re arranging his statements, and basically shilling for Hillary!

Roger is gone now, all's flare in love and feud.
I suppose an occasional Devil's Advocate, and a pretty
good lawyer besides would keep them fair and balanced.
Although the last thing I would expect in reality is for her
to be in the tank for either of them.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 12:50 AM
link   

I say it's what he meant because he also mentioned at one point when asked about the intelligence meeting his criticism of Obama not listening and doing the opposite of what the generals told him to do. Putting the two together it seems the most logical conclusion.

i
But it's not what he said. You can't just claim you know what he meant to make what he said sound better.

He completely dropped the ball on that question, no matter how you look at it. You can try to make excuses for him and claim to know what he was thinking, but it doesn't change what he actually said.

Building the wall is idiotic, but not telegraphing to your enemies how you intend to defeat them is not. I can both recognize that one thing is stupid, but the other is not? Why can't you?

I recognize them as both being stupid.

We agree on the wall being idiotic, no argument there.

The reason his comment about having a secret plan about defeating ISIS is stupid is because ANYONE can literally say that. And, when you are running for President, you shouldn't claim you have some super secret plans that are awesome and will accomplish something in 30 days that hasn't been accomplished in multiple years IF YOU CAN'T TALK ABOUT THE DETAILS.

It's very simple to me, why isn't it to you?

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 12:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
Clinton will have a stroke when she sees the updated poll numbers

Don't try to cheer me up with a pre-Wikileaks dump..
although the SS's caught underneath breaking her fall
and getting their radios flattened is a perversely
satisfying visual.
IDN hank, updated poll numbers recently are beginning
to look as predictable and reliable as a full pressure fire
hose got loose. With a 3/4 nozzle on a 2 1/2 at 125LB
of head. What I just described is a lotta spastic snake.
edit on 8-9-2016 by derfreebie because: Jerry Lewis IS a genius.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 12:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: kruphix

Wait...do you think her "server" and her "email account" are two different things?

LOL!

Wait wait. You think an email account and a server are the same!??!

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 12:57 AM
link   

In my opinion asking the question is stupid in the first place. We should never be asking our leaders to tell us how they are going to beat our enemies, because by doing that we're telegraphing to our enemies our plans. There are times where transparency is tactically moronic. This is one of them.

If you want to find out whether he's the right person to defeat our enemies the questions need to avoid that and instead focus on what makes him the right person to make those decisions. What are his tactical successes previously in life? Show his problem solving capabilities, ect.

But for Christ's sake, can we not tell our enemies how we plan to defeat them? Can we not be that stupid, please? I mean seriously there has to be better ways we can vet our leader's tactical ability to handles these things without compromising the tactical advantage of surprise.

edit on 9/8/2016 by Puppylove because: grammar and spelling

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 01:04 AM
link   

In my opinion, making the statement as a Presidential Candidate that you have a secret plan to "beat ISIS", is stupid in the first place.

But it's also equally idiotic for a candidate to say that you are going to "bomb the &%^$ out of them" and that you are going to "go after their families". But, Trump says a lot of idiotic things.

You have to realize, that people are only asking him these questions because he made the statement in the first place.

But for Christ's sake, can we not tell our enemies how we plan to defeat them? Can we not be that stupid, please? I mean seriously there has to be better ways we can vet our leader's tactical ability to handles these things without compromising the tactical advantage of surprise.

Please don't tell me that you actually believe that he does have a super secret plan to defeat ISIS...do you?

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 01:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: kruphix

LOL!

Wait wait. You think an email account and a server are the same!??!

LOL

You are made that she was asked about her server...but then talked about her email account.

Simple question...why do you think that is a deflection?

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 01:07 AM
link   

I don't know if he does or not. Either way though, asking the question is stupid in the first place, and in my opinion, "I'm not telegraphic my plans to our enemies" is the only sensible response to that question.

I don't think any presidential candidate worth their salt should answer that question, and if they do answer, is the one time where I might be ok with them lying to us in an effort to trick the enemy.

I do not want my commander in chief to demonstrate a lack of understanding for the most basic of tactical concepts.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Exactly. We know how she got the emails to her server. That's what the private account was for.

The server. Where information was stored, and subsequently deleted is where this all gets messy.

You are comprehending what's going on do you not?

Or maybe it's just easier to dislike the guy because he says scary words.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 01:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove

I don't know if he does or not. Either way though, asking the question is stupid in the first place, and in my opinion, "I'm not telegraphic my plans to our enemies" is the only sensible response to that question.

I don't think any presidential candidate worth their salt should answer that question, and if they do answer, is the one time where I might be ok with them lying to us to trick the enemy.

But who is responsible for it even being a topic?

If Trump wouldn't make outlandish claims and then refuse to give details...no one would have to ask him the question. But since he does, the question is fair game.

It is a concern for many when a candidate claims to have a plan to use the military to "defeat" someone...and then doesn't even give a hint how. Airstrikes? Ground Troops? Nukes?

Trump caused this issue by saying idiotic things...it is any good journalists job to call him out on it.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 01:11 AM
link   

only plan the trumpty dumpty has is to mobilise his army of trumpbots to cause mayhem when he looses the election lololo

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Exactly. We know how she got the emails to her server. That's what the private account was for.

The server. Where information was stored, and subsequently deleted is where this all gets messy.

You are comprehending what's going on do you not?

Or maybe it's just easier to dislike the guy because he says scary words.

LOL

Do you know what an email server is?

Do you not understand that when people are talking about Clinton's "server", "private email", or "private account"....they are all talking about the same thing?

This is too funny.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 01:20 AM
link   

So let me understand your reasoning. He says something stupid like, "I have a secret plan to beat ISIS" and you think the intelligent thing is to constant ask, "What's the secret plan?"

You do know what secret means, right? If he actually does have a secret plan he obviously can't tell anyone what it is or the entire point of it being secret is now nullified.

Also don't pretend it wasn't in response to people asking how he intended to defeat our enemies in the first place. Is a rather typical but moronic question we tend to ask our potential leaders.

His only mistake there was not using lawyer speak and trying to connect with regular people instead.

Had he said what I did, "I'm not telegraphing my plans to our enemies" there's really no good argument against it. At the same time, it wouldn't connect with many people, and would kind of just disappear into the background of boring lawyer speak that politicians use.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join