It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Clinton says 'Make America Great Again' is racist

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: UKTruth

The Reagan campaign is not comparable.

Reagan did not run a similar campaign or use the same rhetoric/approach as Trump.

Reagan was a statesman compared to Trump.

I see, so the English language takes on a different meaning based on your judgement of the person's other words.

That means you could just smear anyone you liked as racist whenever you wanted..... oh wait... I get it.

That doesn't make much sense.

You do understand the term context, do you not? Words can mean many different things, depending on the context in which they are used.

Surely I don't have to explain that to you...or do I?

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

lol Sweet!!! ok... haha you have to get a cam and attach it to your back window just to get the reactions from people who view it!

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

Reagan did not run a similar campaign or use the same rhetoric/approach as Trump.

Ok but Ragan didn't mince words. He was going after tax and spend, bloated social spending ect ect. Liberals.

As governor he also authorised lethal force to shut down riots.
He played hard ball.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Ok but Ragan didn't mince words. He was going after tax and spend, bloated social spending ect ect. Liberals.

He wasn't going after illegal immigrants and such was he? In fact, he signed an amnesty bill in '86.

+6 more 
posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   

So wanting low employment, fewer people on food stamps, having a higher standard of living is racist.

0_o

The Clintons are idiots.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   

I see, so the English language takes on a different meaning based on your judgement of the person's other words.

That means you could just smear anyone you liked as racist whenever you wanted..... oh wait... I get it.

You do understand the term context, do you not? Words can mean many different things, depending on the context in which they are used.

The context is the same. It's a slogan being used by a Presidential candidate.

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   

He wasn't going after illegal immigrants and such was he? In fact, he signed an amnesty bill in '86.

Going after illegal immigrants is racist?

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   

The context is the same. It's a slogan being used by a Presidential candidate.

Do I now need to explain the the meaning of nuance in regards to context?

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Going after illegal immigrants is racist?

I was highlighting the difference in policy ideas and approach for voter appeal.

Keep up, man.
edit on 7-9-2016 by introvert because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Again, we have to take those comments in to proper context.

Did she use that statement within the context of a campaign that has purposefully built itself upon an appeal towards people that despise illegal immigrants

You purposely obfuscate the topic of immigration when you equate
it with people of "color". It is neither apples nor oranges.

Yet, you defend Hillary when she used the term "Super Predator"
about young black men, and she used the promise to
"Make America Great Again". So that must make her
a racist herself!

Even had Bill in on it.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   

But Clinton's right. "Make America Great Again" really means "Make America White Again".
a reply to: Starling

No, you are WRONG. “Make America GREAT Again” does not mean “Make America WHITE Again” We are being disrespected out in the World (e.g Obamas recent trip to G20 summit) Trump will change that and gain respect from foreign dignitaries. I think that most people that aren’t accepting the blanketed term racist as a simplistic, useless method to discredit Trump, can easily see that.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Context is everything. If you say "Make America Great Again" while promoting jobs, infrastructure, equal rights for everyone and a living wage - then it isn't related to anything racist.

If you say "Make America Great Again" while promoting ripping 11 million undocumented immigrants out of their homes, banning anyone who worships Islam from coming into the country, and claiming you subscribe to a hard-ass cop who says he knows how to get rid of the Chicago "black problem" in 10 days.... well.....

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

Yet, you defend Hillary when she used the term "Super Predator" about young black men, and she used the promise to "Make America Great Again".

Did I defend her on that point? I'd like to see you post evidence of that.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Sounds typical for a Hillary supporter.

edit on 7-9-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
Context is everything. If you say "Make America Great Again" while promoting jobs, infrastructure, equal rights for everyone and a living wage - then it isn't related to anything racist.

If you say "Make America Great Again" while promoting ripping 11 million undocumented immigrants out of their homes, banning anyone who worships Islam from coming into the country, and claiming you subscribe to a hard-ass cop who says he knows how to get rid of the Chicago "black problem" in 10 days.... well.....

Exactly. This issue is all about context.

Seems that such a simple concept is hard to digest.

link   

ooops too big again ain't it... crap..

fixed!
edit on 9/7/2016 by awareness10 because: Racism made me do it!

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Well, she said it, and used the promise Make America Great Again.

So by your definition, she is racist.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

Exactly. This issue is all about context.

Seems that such a simple concept is hard to digest.

Seems like an even simpler concept like a campaign slogan is also hard to digest.
What was the contextual difference between Reagan's campaign slogan and Trump's campaign slogan?

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships
a reply to: introvert

Well, she said it, and used the promise Make America Great Again.

So by your definition, she is racist.

Did I claim anyone was racist for using that slogan?

I said that put in it's proper context, one can see that the term may appeal to those that are...considering Trump's campaign tactics and rhetoric.

I do not think Trump is racist.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   

And that was supposed to come with complete border enforcement ... too bad Democrats renegged on that. If they hadn't, we might not be so hardline on immigration today, but the left has proven they can't be trusted with their "amnesty now; border enforcement if 10 or 20 years ... if we feel like it then ... compromises"

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join