It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia and China unite against NATO

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Are we to attack all colonial acts ?

What a gentle euphemism for invasion and subjugation.

No, we are two faced, only moaning about the ones we can't 'colonize'.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

NO we aren't allowed to occupy by any military force.
A sovereign unless engaging that country militarily under the auspices of international law,which we signed on to do.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

A sovereign unless engaging that country militarily under the auspices of international law,which we signed on to do.

Empires always say stuff like, they invited us to occupy them.

Hawaiians Germans Japanese all happy occupied countries.

Right up there with Palestinians, Native Americans and the Kurds.

If your best argument is screw the little guy, then you lost a little moral ground with me.

So what

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

Empires always say stuff like, they invited us to occupy them.

Hawaiians Germans Japanese all happy occupied countries.

Right up there with Palestinians, Native Americans and the Kurds.

If your best argument is screw the little guy, then you lost a little moral ground with me.

So what

Where are the Russians and the Chinese in that list? How many countries does Russia have troops in? And again, trying to compare Hawaii to Crimea is act of foolishness. This is the modern era. What Russia did with taking Crimea was once common but, no longer which is why Russia is so looked down upon by the international community. Outside of Russia how many times has one sovereign state taken another sovereign state territory and annexed it in last 20 years? Outside of Russia, none.

The most recent were the Israeli annexation of the Golan Heights and Iraq's attempt to annex Kuwait in 1990. Of course neither of ever signed treaties not only recognizing but, promising to guarantee the integrity of the other nations like Russia did with Ukraine.

No, in this modern era Russia stands alone in this act.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

Where are the Russians and the Chinese in that list? How many countries does Russia have troops in?

A lot less than US. A lot less.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 10:32 PM
link   

less does not = absolution. Neither does pretending it never occurred when it did.

Your argument sound like Hillary Clinton and her "but other secstates did it". Its no more appropriate now than it was then and goes right back to what I was saying about Putin being unable to live in the present, being stuck in the past / cold war.

If it were the 1980's the actions of Putin might have been accepted.

Hence the reason the Russian people need to kick his ass to the curb.
edit on 12-9-2016 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 11:46 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

NOT if we back off of China then they will as well.

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 12:00 AM
link   
If we in the USA had a real man and not a scheming and selfish man-boy as president like the last failed 8 years has seen, then we might have made good profitable for all type allies out of China and Russia rather than just a half hearted and passive go unlucky one and then they wouldn't be there posturing and insulting Obama like they have been very prolific in doing lately.

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

less does not = absolution. Neither does pretending it never occurred when it did.

Pluck the log from your own eye first, Ex Cathedra.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Some people believe the next US administration will bring a sino-russian split.

They're daydreaming together with the EU.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 05:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: caladonea
a reply to: Argentbenign

I know that the United States owes China a lot of money...I also know that China has bought a lot of real estate in the U.S. too. For instance in Seattle where I live they bought downtown a 75 story office building called (The Columbia Tower)...seems to me like their takeover is happening.

Yes it is, but, I doubt the Chinese will dismantle the building and ship it to China....
In any case, 30 odd years ago, japan was buying bits of America...

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join