It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Russia and China unite against NATO

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   
It's time to look at it more serious. Today is training, tomorrow a war party. Apparently the Bulldog USA will have it's difficulties against an economical and military coalition of the chicken-lizard.

Russia and China are preparing for the Joint Sea-2016 naval drills, which are to take place in the South China Sea between 11 and 19 September. Although such manoeuvres are to be held for the 5th time, the most disputed area in the Asia Pacific, where interests of Vietnam, Brunei, Malaysia, and the Philippines are clashed, has been engaged by the Chinese and Russian military fleets for the first time. The exercises were discussed on the G20 sidelines in the Chinese Hangzhou. The Russian President Vladimir Putin claimed Monday that the drills would 'affect interests of no one and are beneficial to security of both China and Russia'. According to the Pacific Fleet spokesman, destroyers Admiral Vinogradov, Admiral Tributs, large landing ship Peresvet, tugboat Alatau, and tanker Pechenga are bound for the South China Sea. The drills are to be held at the Zhanjiang naval base. - See more at: www.pravdareport.com...

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   
They've been doing stuff like that for years.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   
This is standard procedure for many nations.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Argentbenign

Even though it sounds counter-intuitive...these exercises and drills maintain overall peace in the same way as the nuclear deterrent.

I'd argue they're even more influential than fears of nukes.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   
The title is a little misleadingmisleading.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Look at what more seriously?

Many countries hold joint exercises with each other. ...and yes, they're "messages" to others.

Somehow, I doubt the "bulldog USA" is any more worried after this announcement, then they were before. In fact, I suspect that they knew about it long before it was announced...

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   

edit on 7-9-2016 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   

I know that the United States owes China a lot of money...I also know that China has bought a lot of real estate in the U.S. too. For instance in Seattle where I live they bought downtown a 75 story office building called (The Columbia Tower)...seems to me like their takeover is happening.
edit on 2016-09-07T16:26:50-05:00pmWednesdaypm0720169America/Chicagopm by caladonea because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: caladonea

We will just repossess you -

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

That don't make it alright. Practicing for war leads to war. The warmongers look at defenses of other countries and call that offensive posturing, giving them the right to ratchet up further , countering their responses to our responses and so on.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Trying to get to a understanding about that region can take you along different though paths . There is a western idea about the rest of the world and it is not correct . Heck the west doesn't even get the west correct . Most know the truth but speak this kind of pseudo historical narrative .

Any how I am reading this at the moment and though I would share .

Roland G. Simbulan, Senior Fellow and Professor in Development Studies and Public Management at the University of the Philippines, spoke to me about the ‘dispute’, as we were driving through Metro Manila, at the time searching for the remnants of the horrid US colonial rule over the archipelago, for my documentary film: “Frankly speaking, those Spratly Islands are not so significant to us. What’s happening is that our political elites are clearly encouraged by the US to provoke China, and there is also the big influence of the US military on our armed forces. I would say that the Philippine military is very vulnerable to such type of ‘encouragement’.

So the US is constantly nurturing those confrontational attitudes. But to continue with this type of approach could be disastrous for our country. Essentially we are very close to China, geographically and otherwise.” “China has a stronger claim than Philippines,” explained Professor Eduardo C. Tadem, Professor of Asian Studies at the University of Philippines (UP), two years later, in his home: “China controlled the Spratly Islands before we even knew anything about them. The only claim we have is their proximity, and frankly, that is not a particularly strong claim.”
journal-neo.org...
edit on 7-9-2016 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Every country holds military exercises to simulate potential enemies. They have done this since forever. What are they supposed to train for?

Some even hold exercises to simulate their allies. The US, Britain and the Soviet Union did that on more than one occasion.

Practicing for war does not lead to war. If that were true there would have been no Cold War, it'd have been a real one

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

Every country holds military exercises to simulate potential enemies. They have done this since forever. What are they supposed to train for?

Defending themselves against the "Asian Pivot", currently. Especially now.

But go ahead, play like everyone does it, all the time. Thats what all empire builders say.

Two US carrier task forces patrolling the South China Sea are unwarranted hostile posturing in Chinas backyard, the world has no trouble seeing that for what it is.

The aviationist

edit on 7-9-2016 by intrptr because: change

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   

I don't understand. The majority of joint Russian-Chinese exercises revolve around either defending against NATO aggression or Counter-Terrorism related stuff, given the US interference in the South China Sea this one seems to fall into the former, so I'm not sure where these accusations are coming from.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

That don't make it alright. Practicing for war leads to war. The warmongers look at defenses of other countries and call that offensive posturing, giving them the right to ratchet up further , countering their responses to our responses and so on.

i wonder if you can guess how many war sims and joint sea trials the US navy performs with 'allies' per deployment of carrier strike group?

i was part of many...

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Well said and agreed

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka

I don't understand. The majority of joint Russian-Chinese exercises revolve around either defending against NATO aggression or Counter-Terrorism related stuff, given the US interference in the South China Sea this one seems to fall into the former, so I'm not sure where these accusations are coming from.

Militarily we only permanently occupy half of the islands in the pacific, including nations like Japan, the Philippines, and half the Korean Peninsula. Forgetting all the other new 'pivoting', trying to sell arms to other nations Like Vietnam for instance, none of the continued military occupation and aggressive posturing is warranted, unless theres a threat.

Considering all this US activity is way over there in Asia's backyard and not defending our own shores points to US as the aggressor, easily understood by the Pacific Rim nations as The threat.

Theres no need for it unless we're the ones intending to suppress other superpowers at least, and maybe threaten them (too) at worst.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

i wonder if you can guess how many war sims and joint sea trials the US navy performs with 'allies' per deployment of carrier strike group?

Disingenuous to call our victims "allies". I know what that means. 'Allies' like Iraq, Libya and Afghanistan for instance? Other nations round the world see that for what it is.

become allies or else...

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
become allies or else...

That mindset / policy works for Putin sooooo....
edit on 8-9-2016 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 11:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

I enjoy competing with friends more than enemies. Logic stands true with friends and enemies create fallacies and problems. When you look at the grand scheme of things we don't have to many enemies. We have only been truely attacked by an entity once in the last 70ish years by one if you believe that narrative. Funny we spend more on military than the next 12 developed countries combined. Food for thought. That being said I know we differ on ideology but respect you for yours.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join