It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Petition: Loud call for prayer (Adhan) in Uk mosques

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Morrad

For those who don't know what adhan is, here's a video of a call to prayer in Dubai. (A call to prayer in the UK won't be as loud as in the video)

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 08:37 PM
link   
People choose to emigrate and when they do they choose to leave behind their culture except for behind closed doors...or that's the way its supposed to be. Celebrate whatever you like in the comfort of your own home but the more "communities" that are formed complete little enclaves of another culture with mosques schools shops then the need or requirement for integration is gone

At the rate things are going in a few more years we'll end up with countries self-segregated and never mixing with Muslim communities, Buddhist communities, Chinese communities, Polish communities....everyone in their little gated community
edit on 7-9-2016 by PhyllidaDavenport because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Buy a f*ing wrist watch and keep track of when it's time to pray by yourself, there is no reason the whole neighborhood needs to hear about it.

Religion, no matter which one, should be kept private!

With all the cultural enrichment everyones been getting lately, advertising with bells or calls to prayer over a loud speaker is just asking for someone from a rival religion to be triggered.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: ChemicalAli

How do you know it won't be as loud? people in the UK and are so afraid of offending Muslims they'll let you do anything to not be called a bigot.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   

So they are experiencing low level energetic body states caused by sound vibrations.

Souls do this in every religion. It does not prove that the words and ideas are logical and spiritually divine. I can create a song that have the most evil ideas that I can think off and make it sound pleasant and move others with emotion and still it would have been a manipulation towards corruption and not a force for good.

There was a thread a while back that was about a very beautiful Muslim prayer with wonderful vibrations and how they can influence the body to calmness. But logically the ideas he where singing about when you read the translations was really insane and a breach of the golden rule on all levels of creation.

Even if it was a perfect non dualistic blessing on all humanity (like some of Rumi:s poems) I would still say keep it within the church and let others not be influenced by it if they do not want to join you. But if it was non duallistic ideas then I would probably be happy to join said prayer/meditation circle.
edit on 8-9-2016 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI

How do you know it won't be as loud? people in the UK and are so afraid of offending Muslims they'll let you do anything to not be called a bigot.

Oh dear, what a silly generalisation.
The church bells in my street annoy me the same as any religion which might wish to wake me up from my sleep.
No, my objection to a church/mosque being noisy is the same as (I assume) their wish for me not to have a crazy party which would wake them up.

If permitted decibel levels for house party music etc is allowed the same as a call to prayer or bells though, I would be happy with such an equitable situation.
Pray the # you like, I'll enjoy the opportunity to party as loud, even if it involves inventing a party religion.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Morrad

No Need. Many Muslims own a cell phone so just give them an "call to prayer App" to download and the problem is solved.

Time to use the modern tech of this time. Minarets are a tech of the past no longer needed today.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Misterlondon

I listened to it everyday for 15 years at four AM it is a noise beyond understanding, way over 10dB and it made all the dogs howl as well.

A phone app is all that is needed. Let those who want the have the call to prayer get it on their phones in their homes. All fixed and problem solved.

(post by Afzalsheikh removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 05:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Afzalsheikh
i don't believe in any claims of gods but just had a look and that is a pretty good app for anyone who is Muslim.

...church bells in my street wake me up every sunday, I'd actually prefer the call to prayer, lived in a few Islamic countries in my life.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join