It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Fun Times In Amish Land

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Alcohol-fueled Ohio Amish party raided, 73 arrested

MILLERSBURG (AP) — Authorities in the heart of Ohio’s Amish country say they arrested more than 70 people in a raid at a weekend party in a field that was expected to attract hundreds of Amish youth. More than 40 officers converged Saturday on the Hardy Township field west of Millersburg off of Rt. 39 after concerned parents notified the Holmes County sheriff’s office of a large party expected to attract over 1,000 Amish from Ohio and neighboring states. Investigators say 73 people, including 35 juveniles, were taken into custody and charged with underage consumption of alcohol. The Daily Record of Wooster reports that some also face charges of resisting arrest, and two were taken to a hospital

Guess even the Amish need a break from this crap. That mus have been some springa shindig! The Amish drink, as far as I know they also toke, I do not think this is against the Amish way though. In fact, I think they encourage it at a certain age, don't they? Ehhh, I am not versed in Amish decorum though, so what the heck do I know. Busy night for those cops I guess, bet they didn't find any loaded weapons though.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   
They just wanted a taste of the Amish Paradise

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: searcherfortruth

The Amish drink, as far as I know they also toke, I do not think this is against the Amish way though.

They are known to snort coke during their Rumspringa too.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Oh yeah I read the other day about one of those people (maybe Mennonite) got busted for having sex with a miniature horse in PA. Way to rep PA across the airwaves

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman
Oh yeah I read the other day about one of those people (maybe Mennonite) got busted for having sex with a miniature horse in PA. Way to rep PA across the airwaves

One of my coworkers knows the miniature horse molester... went to high school with him.
He is a 'special' person, according to my coworker. Mentallly challenged.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy
Aren't they all

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Young Amish people of today, can't handle their drugs and alcohol.

When the Amish start turning violent, you know we're all off to hell in a handcart.

(post by searcherfortruth removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Lol. I totally believe it! Brought back memories of my teenage years down in Indiana. Stayed the weekend at my step-dad's dad's (83 year old) place. He lived one block from the downtown four stop sign town center. He would fall asleep in his chair at 6pm. Sat on the bench in front of the drug store and the Amish kids would always stop and ask me to go to a party! I was only 15 then, but had my first exploration into the party side of the Amish.

I actually was amazed that they seemingly could so easily obtain anything that you ask for! [snipped] It was wintertime. They apparently find partying a great way to enjoy the drab snowy season. Though, I only spent 3 months enjoying this party adventure. It definitely was an eye and mind opening experience.
edit on Wed Sep 7 2016 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   

I do not know about that but I do see why they call it RUMspringa!

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

Experience is in the eye of the beholder, and you beheld!

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Substracto

Isn't being Amish paradise enough, sheesh!?

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   

joke aside, in the western world, they are probably the ones that keep the most primitive side of religion/tradition alive, thats really something!

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Actually, Hasidic Jews probably have them beat.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: searcherfortruth

I do not know about that but I do see why they call it RUMspringa!

philly.com
Link to story about Amish dealing coca in with the Pagans Motorcycle Club.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   
i'd probably just let them party.

or compare the rate of Amish related homicide, DUI, Rape, drug Trafficking, domestic violence armed robberies, grand theft auto vs every other cultures in the US. based on those numbers or numbers from the last EDC arrest, drug related, ODs, smashing into LEO vehicles, or any other music fest in the US... i'd let those Amish go wild, *or their equivalent of going wild.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   

You want to hear something really strange about Ohio. I was out in the foothills down south about 20 some years ago, way out dirt roads lumber land. Lo and Behold I ran smack into an Arab logging camp! All the guys on skidders where Arabic, the sign on the yard was in Arabic. Thats was before first Gulf War and there are Amish around those parts as well.

edit on 7-9-2016 by Logarock because: n

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   

I lived in "Pennsyltucky" for a year in Amish country. Interesting folk, that's for sure.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   

We have a log cabin cottage in Northern Michigan Amish country. We shop at the Amish Store and bakery...wonderful smells early in the mornings...and we have to be careful passing the horse drawn wagons and hearing the "clip-clop-clip-clop" of the horses hooves.

At the Amish bakery on their farm property...the father, kinda weirdly sizes up the men customers out of the back oven area....because he has 3 lovely young daughters...bonnets and long dresses working the front.

Ive heard tales...lots of "unorthodox" relations within their own families and communities, and exposure to farm chemicals...that it seems obvious whats may be going on with 'Father" and daughters...and the birth issues developmentally.

You can tell all their farms by their huge size (Menonites too)..but with no electrical wires or telephone poles going to them. Whole different world...
edit on 7-9-2016 by mysterioustranger because: typos...again

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 01:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

Now thats strange alright!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join