It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man prefers jail over wife

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   
www.torontosun.com...

Accused bank robber tells wife he'd 'rather be in jail than at home'

"KANSAS CITY, Kan. — A 70-year-old man accused of robbing a bank in Kansas told investigators he would rather be imprisoned than live with his wife.

Court documents say Lawrence John Ripple gave a note to a bank teller in Kansas City on Friday, demanding cash and warning he had a gun. Ripple took the money and went to sit in the lobby where he told a guard he was the “guy he was looking for.”

Officers arrived quickly. An FBI agent wrote in the affidavit that Ripple had earlier been arguing with his wife. He told investigators he wrote the note in front of his wife, telling her he would “rather be in jail than at home.”

Ripple was charged with bank robbery Tuesday.

Online court records don’t list an attorney for Ripple. "

I love this story. Of course it's sad the man is going to jail. Yes, he committed a crime. But, he must have been desperate. I understand his plight. I can't say his wife was a bully, but I'm getting that strong impression. He was in a fix, he's not young, and he decided, for whatever reason, not be violent with his wife, and do something drastic and wrong. He could have left. And he did in fact.

I have had this problem. How to you stand up to a bully and fight back without being violent or wrong. Like I said, he wasn't right. But he could have been wronger. Sometimes, we have no escape. And if we are to escape, or at least survive, we need creative plans to deal with aggressors. If you become a bully, you lose. You can argue this man bullied the bank teller. In fact he did. The teller will have suffered and continue to suffer. So, even though I first laughed about this, I realized there's more to the story.

If you confront a bully and you bully tactics, it becomes a war.
You must find a way to resist, and then find a way to use the bullies attacks or stupidity against them. You need to use your brain and trick the bully into bullying themselves, and or the wrong person, or have evidence.

Bullies can be smart. But their feeling of super powerfullness over other people, makes them open to overconfidence and carelessness. Rich and powerful people break the rules more that others. They think they can get away it. And they do . Often. So, try as you may, fight them, and resist them, just don't become them...

So, this guy, probably got bullied. Then bullied someone else because he was afraid of his wife, or his own thoughts, and took the wrong way out. He should done something else.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: ericblair4891

My mistake, I thought it was an aphorism.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   

damn, that guy's wife must be something else

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   
You know, the 24th verse, 25th chapter of Proverbs says:

It is better to live in a corner of the housetop than in a house shared with a quarrelsome wife.

edit on 2016 9 07 by incoserv because: I could

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv
You know, the 24th verse, 25th chapter of Proverbs says:

It is better to live in a corner of the housetop than in a house shared with a quarrelsome wife.

Ain't that the truth! Amen!

Dude had some moxie for sure. Can't wait for the blockbuster movie interpretation.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   

How about growing some balls?
That thing under your nose is not just there to put beer in it.
Why does he only have the option jail or at home?
Because he can't take care of himself?
Doesn't know how to cook and can't afford a retirement home?
Oh gawd seriously and you think it is his wifes fault? I bet he never lifted a finger during x years of marriage.

I love men and all, but seriously sometimes...

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

I said he made the wrong choice. period.
There is little data in the story. No background. It's pretty much all speculation.
I just trying to understand what he was thinking and dealing with. He is 70. He's old. I'm old and I'm just 50. I want to move in 6 years, but the thought of moving is distressing. Maybe he thinks he's going die soon and doesn't give one f

I don't know. I want to follow the story though. Oh, and as far as women being horrible, they can be horrible. I'm a jerk, I admit it. But I've known not nice women that make life tough. Someone once asked if I want a male to serve me when I was a client. I said woman are a pain in ass. They can only focus on the material items, and forget we men, do have feelings.

When the female said I could have a male, I said no, men are worse than women...

Let's face it. The jails are full of men. And they're not all running away from their wives.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 09:07 AM
link   
It can be difficult to call time on a relationship thats become hard to maintain for whatever reaaon. Obviously being with someone for a long peroid you develope a kind of feeling of normality and it can be hard to just walk away due to uncertainty of what will lay beyond the life you have come to call your normal life. There could have been certain factors built up over a long time that lead to the lets say usually normal person reacting in a manner not expected of. Either way what he did was wrong but he may not have seen any other way forward.

new topics

top topics

join