It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada; A Paradise in the Making for North American Illegals

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: masqua

Yes and put Maple syrup on everything.

While the OP comment was more on deporting them north. I'm thinking more along the lines that's the direction they'll go on their own, if we do crack down hard on them here. I can't see them head back down south.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

I thought Americans were proud to be Americans... at least looking at the disruption caused by one football player who refused to stand, hand over heart and tears in his eyes for the flag?

Or are you just kidding?

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Sounds perfect. They already got free health care up there, as I'm told non-stop. Canadians are very friendly.

Let's make it happen.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: ObjectZero

The problem up here is jobs... jobs, jobs jobs.

Unless they like serving Tim Horton's coffee (double, double), there's not much here. Our oil patch is dying, the manufacturing sector has been decimated, so unless an immigrant has a degree in computer sciences, the outlook is grim.

Mexicans already come here in droves every year as temporary workers in apple orchards and the like. Just go to Leamington, Ontario to see that going on and, at the end of the season, they mostly all go back home where life is cheaper to live.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

Free?

HA HA Ha HA

We pay for it in our taxes, You think money falls like the snow in January?

ETA: Nothing is free up here. In fact, EVERYTHING is more expensive and our low dollar value actually made things worse because so many goods are imported.
edit on 7/9/16 by masqua because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Aww man!

I was thinking of sneaking up there to the Great White North, build a cabin and hunt caribou for food.

'Cause, ya know, all that TV I watch shows Canada as this really big empty place that's cold all the time (just ask those Ice Road Truckers), plenty of free medical care, low priced scrips....

Y'all telling me I'd have to follow rules and become a citizen???

Crud.......well, that's okay. I don't think I could handle round bacon.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

The good life is here to be had IF you don't mind strict gun legislation, hunting and fishing licences and paying a goodly share of your income to the government in taxes.

(I know, Americans hate taxes)

But that good life comes at a heavy price.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: masqua

Well as it is the government here already tells me whether or not I can own a gun (background checks), and here in my state if you're caught fishing or hunting without a license you have to purchase, you're going to pay some hefty fines, or even do time in jail. The government is already pulling about 3/10th of our income (fed tax, state tax, social security, medicare, and some other fees)......

Still, might be worth it as they'll be completing this up there in Canada next year:

The World’s Longest Recreational Trail

I asked our Boy Scout troop leader if we could go, heh. He said he'd have to retire considering it would take a few months to do the whole trail!

edit on 9/7/2016 by eriktheawful because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Yeah see look at all that space up there. Canadians must be Racists!

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   

It isn’t quite done yet. You might need to do some rough country, like the Rocky Mountains.

When completed, the Trail will stretch nearly 24,000 kilometres from the Atlantic to the Pacific to the Arctic oceans, linking Canadians in close to 1,000 communities.

Today, over 18,000 kilometres of Trail have been developed. Millions of Canadians and international visitors are using the Trail to hike, cycle, ski, horseback ride, canoe and snowmobile. The Trans Canada Trail offers countless opportunities to explore Canada’s diverse landscapes and rich history.

tctrail.ca...

INMO, the best part of it is the Bruce Trail. I’ve hiked bits of it and it is beautiful.

The Bruce Trail is the oldest and longest marked hiking trail in Canada. It is 840 km long, with over 440 km of side trails. Every year more than 400,000 visits are made to the Trail as people walk, snowshoe, watch wildlife, take photographs and admire the glorious scenery of the Escarpment.

www.ontariotrails.on.ca...

Highly recommended.
edit on 7/9/16 by masqua because: added link

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

You're most welcome to live in Nunavut.

I think you might even like it and go for citizen status.

ETA: Here's a view on what it's like:

edit on 7/9/16 by masqua because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Wait ... let me get this straight.

You mean you Canadians are all about chiding us for not wanting to have huge numbers of illegals foisted off on us and think we are awful for wanting to send them home, but when we offer to let you put your money and country where your mouths are, you all balk and admit that unchecked illegal immigration crates hug problems and pulla NIMBY?

Next thing I know, you guys'll go all Trump and start wanting a southern border wall ...

We've got our own "Trump" in the works, Kevin O'Leary , he's interested in leading the Convservative Party, say's he been inspired by Donald Trump, and he predicts our current Liberal Government will fall in four years due to economic collapse. No comb-over as you can see on the wiki page but he's a businessman and has had reality T.V shows much like Trump.....hehe...maybe we're just a little slow up here and are a couple years behind you guys to the south

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: thinline

You sound like every Trump supporter in America. you know, like a racist, xenophobic, and fascist(did I leave any out).

No I don't, because I gave reasons why it would be a bad idea, not only for us, but for them coming here as well.

Mass immigration is a negative, especially when the immigrants(legal or illegal) don't want to assimilate into the culture already there, but only wants the tax based services that they would get.

Mass immigration, illegal immigration is bad, mass legal immigration has always been historically good, which is why we take tons and tons of them every year.

That's the idea, immigration overload the system and changes the culture.

NO fears of the 'culture' changing, Canada is much better at having people assimilate than other nations.

That's why Trump's supporters want immigration law followed not ignored

To suggest that non Trump supporters don't want the law followed is nonsense.

~Tenth

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Falenor

Don't forget Kelly Leitch, who is also running for the Conservative Leadership race. There's quite a lot of very conservative types in this country.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Yeah see look at all that space up there. Canadians must be Racists!

What about all that empty space in states like Montana, the Dakotas, etc? Loads of it and it's not punking out.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: masqua

I thought Americans were proud to be Americans... at least looking at the disruption caused by one football player who refused to stand, hand over heart and tears in his eyes for the flag?

Or are you just kidding?

Made my first trip to Canada this summer. Loved it. I could seriously do it.

Oh, and I forgot to mention POUTINE!!!!!

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Stratford, Ontario has the best poutine EVER.

I just love to go to Boomers

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   
They'll be scrambling back over the border after one winter.

The majority of the illegals Americans don't want, reside in California and Texas.

The air is too cool here.
edit on 7-9-2016 by FlyingMonkeyInSpace because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   
500k a year it is. Now do it for 30 years.

Canadians wages are too high, they need to be lowered. 5 million low skill workers in 10 years should do it. Goodbye wage negotiations. I am giddy with all the Diversity our northern neighbors will be getting. Give them the Gift of Detroit as well, who wouldnt want a free city. If anyone can fix it, its the canadians.
edit on 7-9-2016 by jellyrev because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-9-2016 by jellyrev because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Canada population density per square mile = 3
US population density per square mile = 84 (even including Alaska)

Canada has some catching up to do

Land hoarders!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join