It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

life is short sometimes.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I thought I would post something today to remind us of how fragile life can be.
This past Friday two young boys were involved in an auto accident. They were driving to their high school to get ready to play football. They never made it to the field.
The 17 year old driver was dead at the scene and the 16 year old passenger died Tuesday morning.
I can't imagine the grief the families are going through.

www.21alive.com...

We all need to make sure that the people around us know that we love them. Sometimes there is not a second chance.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 08:56 AM
link   
My brother died in a car accident when he was a young man too..
It's never easy my friend. .

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 08:57 AM
link   
This speaks to me so strongly today. Papa is in the ICU, likely dying.

Most important man in my life.

The last time I got to speak to him was about a week ago before they medically induced a coma so he could undergo all of his emergency surgeries this week......

Today will be his last surgery whether it works or not.

Love that man so much. He was a better man to me than my father ever was and ever could be.

Here I am sobbing again in my cubicle. I should go now, I'll return later when I can breathe.

-Alee

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

A local 23 year old (who has a daughter) died over the weekend from a 20 year old who supposedly stabbed him - the ripples are felt in many lives. What a disaster... condolences to those who are gone too soon.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Not saying this was the case but.....

Don't text and drive....

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Not the case.
They pulled into an intersection and didn't see the car coming over the hill.
t boned.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I feel you man, I just lost my cousin last week to a heart attack, she was only 25.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   
We just lost 2 young boys right by my house. We will probably never know why, they plowed head on, into the back of a semi that was in a center left turn lane. (which means they had drifted out of the fast lane, to the left.) No skid marks at all.

So very sad.
edit on 7-9-2016 by chiefsmom because: spelling as usual

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   

source vid says stop sign was ran

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   

I lost a very close friend yesterday. She was a beautiful human being.
I know everything about her, we can talk about ANYTHING! We've spent almost 20 years of being Internet friends, but no less of a friend. Some even turn to family. Doesn't matter if you've never met, these people usually develope friendships. You begin to feel that family bond with this internet personality.
We have known each other since we first discovered WebTV, so sometime in 1998. I was in my early 20's & she was in her late 20's. Now I'm in my early 40's and she's in her late 40's .So we had a wonderful friendship. She was like family to me.
I lIke to call this the modern version of having a pen pal!
This version has certainly stepped up the game!

But I'm rambling. I'm still in shock.
I've been in touch with one of her 2 sons, 21 & 23 years of age, her daughter in law for less than a year, and her grandson, 10 months old.
I will miss her.
This has caused me so much heartache. I have lost many friends over the past few years, and just had a foot surgery, and am not allowed to bare weight on it for 2 months, maybe 3. I have a month to go for my 2nd month.
I had a health scare recently, I truly feared I might die. I'm ok, thankfully. BUT yes the healh scare and surgery, I'm also very stir crazy just laying around here, and now the passing of my dear friend.
It has caused me to experience one the darkest hours of my life. And I've suffered with depression for the longest time! So this one is a doozy!
I'm so depressed. I took myself off of antidepressants 3 months ago.
I feel I should just get back on them.
Or maybe I'm just being a weak minded person, I'm questioning if I need them right now.
The death of my friend has caused me to feel a lot of fear. I usually would rely on my prescribed anxiety medication, but don't have that crutch right. Tomorrow thankfully.
I don't enjoy feeling this way at all.
I'm afraid of so many things now. My stomach is tied in knots and has even causes me to physically get sick a few times earlier.
I have tried to be into meditation and yoga, and Buddha & reading The Tibetan Book Of The Dead.
Also am about to finish watching a movie called, Enter The Void.
I'm in a dark place and it scares me. I need to do whatever it takes to pull my butt outta this!
I need to stop searching for answers about where we go when we die, or do we reincarnate? Is they're a true biblical God in heaven, are Satan and his demons punishing souls in a hell of fire and brimstone? Are we just energy and just become something else. Are the akashic records really in some other place.
I'm just stuck in a very unhealthy way of thinking right now.
I am feeling panicked. This could happen to me. I'm not special.
I don't like suspense at all. I'm 41, and I refuse to go into a haunted house, KNOWING FULLY WELL, that nothing bad is going up happen to me. It's not real.
I wish I could loosen up and have some fun for once. But I'm never happy anymore.
I need to stop researching death, NDE's, Book of the dead. Watchung into the Void. I really think that will help me greatly.
But I'm not gonna lie, I haven't felt happiness in so long, I need to stop this.
I'm just stuck with this thinking though. I don't know how to stop this thought cycle. It's truly causing me great stress, not being able to stop it. It's just on a constant loop.
Anxiety and depression is real. I know most are against prescribed medications, but when it causes a person to be stuck in the horrible thought cycle like I'm experiencing now, then I feel I have to do whatever it takes, like I mentioned earlier.
How do I get my brain to shut up, and my body to stop reacting to my thoughts. I end up tense in shoulders and lower back, having pinched nerve, causing Scatia pain. I know it's because it's stuck in fight or flight mode, and I just wanna be in flight mode only, ya know?
I'm sorry, I've just rambled here.
I'm sorry for your loss OPEN. My heart is with you.

edit on Jpm9000000pmSat, 10 Sep 2016 20:41:28 -050016 13 by Mjab6910 because: (no reason given)

edit on Jpm9000000pmSat, 10 Sep 2016 20:42:01 -050016 13 by Mjab6910 because: (no reason given)

edit on Jpm9000000pmSat, 10 Sep 2016 20:46:22 -050016 13 by Mjab6910 because: My math skills need to step up their game. 😁😂

edit on Jpm9000000pmSat, 10 Sep 2016 20:50:58 -050016 13 by Mjab6910 because: (no reason given)

edit on Jpm9000000pmSat, 10 Sep 2016 20:53:02 -050016 13 by Mjab6910 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 08:57 PM
link   

edit on Jpm9000000pmSat, 10 Sep 2016 21:10:18 -050016 13 by Mjab6910 because: Double Post

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Mjab6910

I'm so sorry for your loss and your pain. It really comes through and I wish I could help you somehow.

Just please know that she is at peace.

Hugs to you.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: EchoesInTime

Thank you so much. I'm still grappling with this heartache and depression.
I just can't pull myself out of it.
It helps knowing that there are compassionate souls like you out there. So from the bottom of my heart, thank you for caring.

new topics

top topics

join