It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

English Grammar & Spelling Mistakes

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666

Spend a whole day fixing those for your profession and then see how easy it is to accidentally lard up a post with some of them without really trying.

I've caught myself at it. I don't tend to pick up there/their/they're as badly, but I can do then/than without trying. And with my new mechanical keyboard. I catch myself with what I call typing dyslexia a lot. The thing is so fast and responsive that it's easy to make typos without even noticing.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Good luck with a spell checker for the English language as i found them to be horrible to use and always flagging words that i knew were right and i am Dyslexic myself , If not my post,s would be as long as TrueBrits

On a site that has American members i will use the American spelling sometimes /ie Color v Colour , Labor v Labour who is to say who is right .

Heil Hitler and all that crap

edit on 7/9/2016 by stonerwilliam because: spelling lol

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: ksiezyc

Yep, you are correct on those ones... Should have, could have, would have..

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Yep, those words you mentioned are ones I've come across often too. There, They're, Their. 3 different meanings but people can't be bothered.

Than and then aswell..

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Yep, those words you mentioned are ones I've come across often too. There, They're, Their. 3 different meanings but people can't be bothered.

Than and then aswell..

They're two separate words - aswell is not a word.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: blupblup

Seriously, I always thought you could use aswell] in certain situations but it turns out I've been wrong all along. To me, it doesn't look right as two words in the sentence as I wrote it above.

oh well..

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Seriously, I always thought you could use aswell in certain situations but it turns out I've been wrong all along. To me, it doesn't look right as two words in the sentence as I wrote it above.

oh well..

Uh huh... and maybe the thousands of other people posting on here have similar words they also "think" they're spelling correctly?
Maybe just let people be? Maybe just read the posts and don't make a big deal out of it.
This isn't a serious academic or literary site, it's a site where most of the threads are talking about how you spell a certain family of bears or which celebrity died in which year or some other "time-line" issue.
I think it's very needy and sad to make a thread like this and actually pretty dumb when you can barely string sentences together or spell basic words.

Something about glass houses and stones.

But oh well indeed.

edit on 9/9/16 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Lol, star

If I can understand someone then it's good enough for me.
I am secretly irritated by some repeated spelling mistakes but I can't remember I've ever called someone out on it unless I was drunk and being a prick.

The argument and well worded debate is my gig...if I can understand the message then it's all good with me...although there is a member who starts a load of threads who I struggle to understand. I don't think I've ever replied in one, I'm not sure the amount of time it would take trying to get a coherent reply back is too much for me.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Actually you are wrong. I did string sentences together... and much better than some on this site. I just mispelt a couple of words, one of which is the number 1 mispelt word in the Dictionary.

So... before you go pulling your hair out and calling people names, you should really learn to keep a cap on it.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Actually you are wrong. I did string sentences together... and much better than some on this site. I just mispelt a couple of words, one of which is the number 1 mispelt word in the Dictionary.

So... before you go pulling your hair out and calling people names, you should really learn to keep a cap on it.

www.dictionary.com...

I think i have a fellow Dyslexic on my side
misspell
edit on 10/9/2016 by stonerwilliam because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 06:11 AM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

Actually I should have wrote 'Mispelled' in that sentence above.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Welcome to the wonderfull world od Dysleiaaa

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   

a reply to: stonerwilliam

Actually I should have wrote 'Mispelled' in that sentence above.

Actually you should have written misspelled... but it's ok, it's you... and you're allowed
It's everyone else who has to watch their spelling, you just make mistakes now and then and that's ok.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 05:58 AM
link   
You're wrong actually as it can be either 'wrote' or 'written'.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 06:30 AM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

I guess they're talking about the word they highlighted in bold, Misspelled, which you um, misspelled.

grammar.yourdictionary.com...

www.dictionary.com...

edit on 12-9-2016 by stargatetravels because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 08:56 AM
link   
My little mistakes are nowhere near as bad as what i've seen on this site, so lets cut out the rubbish here and attack those who are seriously lacking in Vocab skills.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 09:08 AM
link   

You're wrong actually as it can be either 'wrote' or 'written'.

To be exact, the options are "I wrote" or "I have written". A mixture of the two, like "I have wrote" would be erroneous.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join