It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

English Grammar & Spelling Mistakes

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Please when posting on these types of forums and media Platforms... USE SPELLCHECK which helps you to Spell correctly. Also please try to post in proper English Grammar!

I ask because those people who can't spell or write proper English sentences are causing people to become Dyslexic!

Thanks for your co-operation and sorry to those of you who may be Dyslexic and posting on the internet but you too can use Spellcheck! (There are ways... one of them is to open Word and write your Post there first before copying and pasting to ATS or other Media sites)

Not so much of a Rant... more of a Grammar complaint. I know I have made spelling mistakes myself on occasion but most of the time it's because I type using only the Monitor light as my living room lights are turned off (that's the excuse during the Evening), Daytime it's usually caused by me just not checking and typing quick but I do correct it when see it (If it's not too late). I just saw a thread on ATS with terrible Grammar and Spelling... did the poster not have time to go back and correct before the 4 hours were up?

Come on... sort it out before we all become Dyslexic!

One other thing this does is cause people who can spell correctly to start questioning whether they are ACTUALLY spelling correctly and the person who isn't spelling correctly is correct... messing with the correct spellers mind.

In fact would be a good idea for ATS to incorporate some type of Spell check before post is accepted.

I also note that many of you do not speak English as your first Language.... but you can still use spellcheck... this will help you learn English.
edit on CDTWed, 07 Sep 2016 08:34:14 -05000000003008x114x1 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 06:49 AM
link   
I think you need to take into consideration that not all the members use English as their first language. I'm sure this could be part of the problem. I do give these members lots of credit for trying at least. It is a lot more than I can do or would attempt to do.

Quite frankly I have reached the point of happiness around here as long as there are paragraphs used. I find walls of text much more annoying than misspelling.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Most stupid comment of the month award:-

Spelling mistakes on ATS are making people dyslexic.

Congratulations pink panther you win .... nothong. .

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Misterlondon

Why do you say that?

You can't even debate this... have to launch an attack straight away.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: onehuman

You are right and I've amended my post accordingly.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 06:54 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 06:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Why do you say that?

You can't even debate this... have to launch an attack straight away.

I'm sorry brother but it is a pointless, stupid and offence post

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

You spelled Grammar wrong in your title and OP.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 07:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: BelowLowAnnouncement

Haha brilliant.. you couldn't make this stuff up..

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Why is it offensive?

If anything this should help dyslexic people and those who's first Language isn't English to go seek how to spell correctly using a Dictionary or spellcheck. You can type in a word such as 'convretsaion' and the spell check would come up with the answer..
edit on CDTWed, 07 Sep 2016 07:07:19 -05000000003007x119x1 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Why is it offensive?

If aything this should help dyslexic people and those who's first Language isn't English to go seek how to spell correctly using a Dictionary or spellcheck. you can type in a word such as 'convretsaion' and the spell check would come up with the answer..

Just to make you happy huh?

And no spellchecker doesn't always work out like that.. anyway you should practice what you preach.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 07:06 AM
link   

You are quite correct. I was seeing if anyone would notice that mistake on purpose.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 07:06 AM
link   

I don't think the capital 'G' in 'Grammer' (sic) in your first paragraph is correct grammar.

EDIT: Or the capital 'D' in your mention of 'Dyslexic'.
edit on 7-9-2016 by and14263 because: Spelling and grammar.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 07:07 AM
link   

You are quite correct. I was seeing if anyone would notice that mistake on purpose.

Complete BS.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Spellcheck is only a starting point, because it has its limitations.
It may not notice the perfectly-spelled word which is not really what the writer meant.
In particular, it does not detect homophones (I hate homophones).
For example, would it stop people writing "to much" when they mean "too much"?
Or "you've got another thing coming", when they mean "If that is what you think, then you have another think coming"?

The real remedy is that people need to re-engage themselves in reading, making themselves more familiar with what the language is supposed to look like.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 07:08 AM
link   

who can't spell or write proper english Sentences

This is not correct English grammar either.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 07:11 AM
link   
When I read your complaint about grammar and English.

It makes me want to put my right arm out at a 45° angle and say 'Heil TruthxlsxlnxThexMist'

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Yeah.. right..

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 07:13 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: and14263

I did state in my Post that even I do sometimes spell incorrectly and try my best to correct the misspelt word but in no way do I mispell or use grammar as badly as some people on these boards and like I said it's usually because I'm typing at night with lights off.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join