It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Julian Assange: 'We Released Thousands of Emails Clinton Herself Has Used a 'C' in Brackets'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

She lied or was mistaken? /shrug Could you prove she lied in a court of law?

Your belief won't cut it in that venue.

I've never said anything other than politicians were corrupt ... all of them, every one and every one that WANTS to be one.

For me, it's not even a claim that corruption is rampant (it is on all sides) or that Clinton is corrupt, although, as I've said on more than one occasion ... I would bet my tin-foil cap that the BS that gets promulgated through the right-wing media is the LEAST of what she's done.

It's smoke and mirrors in an elaborate game in which there are no "sides" other than those with power and those without.

Punishments will end corruption? Oh Grambler ... again I am impressed by your idealism.

For these folks a "punishment" is more like losing a hand in poker. Temporary.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

This thread wasn't about Trump. Quit being so triggered lashing out at everyone for it. How about email Hillary and go spastic on her?

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

This thread wasn't about Trump. Quit being so triggered lashing out at everyone for it. How about email Hillary and go spastic on her?

I'm not the topic.

Physician, heal thyself.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   
But that gets back to the first question, if it is shown she used a c for classified of confidential information herself, do you think that is proof she lied when she said she though it meant alphabetical order?

Even if it can't be proven 100% in court, surely you are not buying this if it is found she herself used a c. And even if you do, surely you can understand the people here who think this is incredibly shady.

And you are right, that no matter what punishments there are, there will always be corruption. However, if the punishments are severe enough, it would end a lot of it.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 09:23 AM
link   

He purposely speaks on a 5th grade level so everyone can understand him, English is not everyone's first language.

Studies have shown it far more positive on the campaign trail then using a higher leveled vocabulary.

If you want to see how he normally talks then listen to him speak at congressional hearings.

Second, he's in great shape; he campaigns harder than I could and I'm half his age.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
But that gets back to the first question, if it is shown she used a c for classified of confidential information herself, do you think that is proof she lied when she said she though it meant alphabetical order?

Even if it can't be proven 100% in court, surely you are not buying this if it is found she herself used a c. And even if you do, surely you can understand the people here who think this is incredibly shady.

And you are right, that no matter what punishments there are, there will always be corruption. However, if the punishments are severe enough, it would end a lot of it.

You have a fine, detailed mind that I haven't always appreciated.

I answered your question. Did she lie? Probably. Who knows? Can it be proven? Nope.

Let me give you a for instance that keeps me from being too overly excited by all this falderol over (c)'s ...

I'm sure you're involved in some level of a complex business.

If I put you on the spot, right off the bat, and showed you some document that you'd dealt with four years ago, and started asking you detailed questions about it ... what would your honest answer be?

Would you state that you remember a given document in perfect, crystal-clear detail?

Or would you say, in an attempt to be honest, "I don't remember."

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 09:26 AM
link   

No one believes she was mistaken, not even you.

We knows this is as truthful as the fact she dodged sniper fire on the runway in Bosnia.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: xstealth

He purposely speaks on a 5th grade level so everyone can understand him, English is not everyone's first language.

Studies have shown it far more positive on the campaign trail then using a higher leveled vocabulary.

If you want to see how he normally talks then listen to him speak at congressional hearings.

Second, he's in great shape; he campaigns harder than I could and I'm half his age.

We have different opinions on Trump's manner of speaking. Mine is not founded on simply what he says on the campaign trail but how he has spoken FOR YEARS.

Thanks for your medical assessment.

Watch out for Ignorance.
edit on 7-9-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: xstealth

No one believes she was mistaken, not even you.

We knows this is as truthful as the fact she dodged sniper fire on the runway in Bosnia.

You're a mind-reader?

Awesome. May I say that your irrelevant, off-topic swipe at her fairly much precludes that you're thinking about this rationally, but merely stating your beliefs.

That's fine, I prefer facts when I can get them.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

She is either incompetent or corrupt, none of which are fitting for someone who has decades of experience in politics and running for the highest office in the land. Not to mention, she looks like she's I'll. The cognitive dissonance must be downright painful in some supporters right now.

She has lied well enough to deceive some of her supporters, whom find comfort in their thraldom, but it looks as though her charade is cracking at the seams.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

You have a fine, detailed mind that I haven't always appreciated.

Thanks. I have enjoyed my mind for years!

I answered your question. Did she lie? Probably. Who knows? Can it be proven? Nope.

I think with the evidence we have now, you are right. I could be wrong, but I think for charges to be filed you don't have to have 100% proof, just a reasonable suspicion that she lied to the FBI. The courts (or whatever agency this would go to) would determine rather or not there is enough evidence to find her guilty.

And even if it can't be proven, surely you can understand people being mad at her for it, like many on this thread.

Let me give you a for instance that keeps me from being too overly excited by all this falderol over (c)'s ...

I'm sure you're involved in some level of a complex business.

If I put you on the spot, right off the bat, and showed you some document that you'd dealt with four years ago, and started asking you detailed questions about it ... what would your honest answer be?

Would you state that you remember a given document in perfect, crystal-clear detail?

Or would you say, in an attempt to be honest, "I don't remember."

Ok I will have to admit I hadn't thought about it before you brought this up, but this is a great point.

Let me first say she said she couldn't recall a huge amount of times, not just once or twice, so that seems excessive.

However, you ar 100% right that in the situation you provide I would legitimately not remember many things like one specific meeting out of many. I am sure with the amount of meetings she had, almost all of which had a great deal of importance, that it would be quite reasonable to not remember a meeting on procedures, no matter how important it was.

I will totally give her the benefit of the doubt on this, but I also understand other people skepticism.

However, what I wouldn't do is make something totally up if I couldn't remember, like the c meaning alphabetical. I would have just said the truth, I forgot what it meant, or I just overlooked it when I was reading the documents. Why make up a story if you legitimately don't remember?

This is especially dubious if it is true that she herself used the c for its intended purpose. Are we really to believe that she knew what it meant when she was making a document, but forget every time she saw it reading other documents? This seems like a stretch.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   

I understand that the "email scandal" and the "perjury scandal" have been fed to those Americans with a right-wing bent as fodder to keep them interested in small things. Both are also so poorly supported and trivial that this has the dual effect of keeping those with a left-wing bent obsessed with pointing this out to their right-wing counterparts.

Rinse and repeat (or is that Reince and repeat?)

Don't give her the benefit of any doubt. Stand by your interpretation of the facts AS LONG AS you aren't allowing yourself to be swayed by the rhetoric that is used to keep both "sides" in conflict and turmoil.

I often fail on the latter.

edit on 7-9-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
Serious question.

If something is released that shows Hillary herself used a "C" to mark classified information, would you think this proves that she lied?

And do you think lying to the FBI is a big deal?

If he indeed has this mountain of evidence it raises some serious questions about the FBI investigation doesn't it?

My problem isn't seeing Hillary go down, it's not something I'll lose any sleep over but I can't be the only person who has a problem with a foreginer trying to influence the outcome of our country's most important election with these alleged documents — classified/confidential/senstive documents at that — obtained from an unknown source?

This should raise grave concerns for all of us on principle alone. Is there anyone who actually believes that it's beyond belief that Assange is doing the bidding of the Russian government, deliberately or otherwise? I've heard him deny/deflect that the documents he released earlier came from state-sponsored hacks but we simply do not and cannot know the truth of that.

The fact that he's going on Sean "I never claimed to be a journalist" Hannity's show to make announcements is that much worse as Hannity is an admitted advisor to Donald Trump.

My other problem with this is the timeframe of the announcements and releases. Is he going to wait until the day before the election? If his goal is to sink to Clinton which certainly seems to be the case (again, the thought that a foreigner is pulling strings that directly really pisses me off but I'll set that aside), then why is he waiting until the point where it would be a practical impossibility for the Democrats to put up anyone else to run against Donald Trump?

WTF is that?

Do we really want Julian Assange determining the outcome of US presidential elections? In theory, I like the idea of Wikileaks but the reality is that we have a self-appointed foreign agent, possibly a willing or unwitting front for foreign governments, who is being provided with the tools necessary to influence American politics and unilaterally acting to promote an agenda only he knows.

How can anyone support that?[

It seems odd to me that some of the same people who are calling Clinton a traitor for the mere possibility that she gave preferential access to donors to the Clinton Foundation as Secretary of State apparently have no reservations about this (and I'm not by any means implying that you are one of them).
edit on 2016-9-7 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I feel sorry for her grandchildren. Those kids are going to get bullied so bad. Your mawmaw broke the lawlaw, that sorta stuff.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: Xcathdra

She is either incompetent or corrupt, none of which are fitting for someone who has decades of experience in politics and running for the highest office in the land. Not to mention, she looks like she's I'll. The cognitive dissonance must be downright painful in some supporters right now.

She has lied well enough to deceive some of her supporters, whom find comfort in their thraldom, but it looks as though her charade is cracking at the seams.

She definitely doesn't appear to live up to her reputation as a central figure in innumerable high-level conspiracies.

Consider how frequently the Clintons are alleged to be behind successful assassinations (numbering in the double digits) to cover their tracks and yet she couldn't manage to assassinate her own email server? What would that have required? A single act of arson, if that?

That's cognitive dissonance too, no?

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

It is a very complicated issue. I certainly do not support the hacking of any person of agency, particularly if it is by an outside political actor.

But if the system is corrupt, what chance do the people ever have for transparency and justice?

I guess I am more concerned with what the leaks say than who released them. I am sure you would agree that we shouldn't just turn a blind eye to the content of these leaks based on suspicions of who leaked them. But that seems to be Hillary's stance.

I also wish Assange would just release everything as soon as possible. I am sure he is aware that the media will try to cover up this info, and thinks that he needs to release it a specific times to ensure that it is not covered up, but come on! Just show us the goods. Also, if he has any incriminating evidence against the RNC or Trump, I would want him to release it too. I hope he is not playing favorites like so many in the MSM.

I will say that you are right to be skeptical. I am just guessing, but I bet that if Assange or another group was just releasing damning Trump hacks, many of his supporters would go bananas saying the fix was in, so I can see how Hillary supporters would feel the same way.

That is why I take the stance that no matter what are feelings are on how the data was obtained or who released it, we still take the content of those messages seriously.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Does not matter if it is marked or not. Broke so many OPSEC laws. I do not think it's possible to break anymore other than giving access to someone with the intent to attack the US. Then Sidney Bluementhal, how was he getting access to all this stuff. There is a whole line of people involved in it at many different levels. Especially the ones who knew about it and were suppose to stop it yet did nothing. These people are still employed. Nobody learned anything from it other than Hillary can't be touched.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

She definitely doesn't appear to live up to her reputation as a central figure in innumerable high-level conspiracies.

Consider how frequently the Clintons are alleged to be behind successful assassinations (numbering in the double digits) to cover their tracks and yet she couldn't manage to assassinate her own email server? What would that have required? A single act of arson, if that?

That's cognitive dissonance too, no?

Cognitive dissonance is the stress or discomfort one gets while holding contradictory beliefs. It's more of an inner turmoil that results in the changing of beliefs or behaviour (admitting one is wrong), or in some cases, the seeking of new information to justify contradictory beliefs and behaviour. But I would expect that you are right and some in the anti-Clinton camp would have it, at least if they are equally concerned about being reasonable. As you know, many are simply not reasonable.

edit on 7-9-2016 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69

Trump is another one who is failing in my book.

Typical response...

Over sensitive much?

Dontcha just love how it's fine for the throwing of mud at DJT in a Hillary thread but if the reverse happens then the claws come out in full force.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

She lied or was mistaken? /shrug Could you prove she lied in a court of law?

Your belief won't cut it in that venue.

I've never said anything other than politicians were corrupt ... all of them, every one and every one that WANTS to be one.

For me, it's not even a claim that corruption is rampant (it is on all sides) or that Clinton is corrupt, although, as I've said on more than one occasion ... I would bet my tin-foil cap that the BS that gets promulgated through the right-wing media is the LEAST of what she's done.

It's smoke and mirrors in an elaborate game in which there are no "sides" other than those with power and those without.

Punishments will end corruption? Oh Grambler ... again I am impressed by your idealism.

For these folks a "punishment" is more like losing a hand in poker. Temporary.

(a) Except as otherwise provided in this section, whoever, in any matter within the jurisdiction of the executive, legislative, or judicial branch of the Government of the United States, knowingly and willfully—

(1) falsifies, conceals, or covers up by any trick, scheme, or device a material fact;

(2) makes any materially false, fictitious, or fraudulent statement or representation; or

(3) makes or uses any false writing or document knowing the same to contain any materially false, fictitious, or fraudulent statement or entry; shall be fined under this title, imprisoned not more than 5 years or, if the offense involves international or domestic terrorism (as defined in section 2331), imprisoned not more than 8 years, or both. If the matter relates to an offense under chapter 109A, 109B, 110, or 117, or section 1591, then the term of imprisonment imposed under this section shall be not more than 8 years.

18 US Code § 1001

I think that any reasonable person (and certainly an experienced Judge) would be able to conclude that...given that she herself has used the (C) marking on hundreds of official emails and cables (evidence of which would be put before the court from Wikileaks' already released documents)...that she "knowingly and willingly" lied to the FBI in her response to the question.

It's not rocket science.

She was asked. She answered. She lied.

The only mystery (yet to be solved) is exactly why James Comey refused to indict her for this simple (and obvious) offence...forget about everything else for the moment. Martha Stewart got hammered...why not Hillary?

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join