It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Friday The 13th: The Game

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 02:07 AM
link   
I just found out this game will be coming out in October... It just might be the first game i'll buy in quite a long time

A lot of people grew up with Friday the 13th... I remember me and a friend went to the video store to rent these movies in sequence a few times... I've always thought Jason was the best horror Character ever!

Well, Now this will be interesting!!

Its a 1 vs 7 game where 6 players play camp counselor's of course at camp crystal lake, and one will play Jason!

And in true Friday the 13th style, the killing is brutal... brings back the good old days when Jason was king of the horror screen

Oh, and theres one more thing.... Kain Hodder is Jason

This might be good... Hell it might be frickin great!!

Warning: Graphic Material

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 02:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Very cool. Right in time too.

I remember playing this and nerd raging because of how hard it was back in the day.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 02:15 AM
link   
I love the 80's nostalgia stuff, looking forward to it.

Cinemassacre/Angry Video Game Nerd did a good review of the original NES game, even though it's horrible it's still fun in its own way.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 03:16 AM
link   

I knew about this game well over a year ago when they launched the kick starter campaign. I thought it was canceled though.

Great to see it is in fact alive and is coming out soon.

I hope they make a PSVR version of it.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 03:41 AM
link   
yep, thats a must have.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Very cool i want it now lol.

in all seriousness it does look good.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 04:31 AM
link   
I am the original die hard Voorhees fan. I've watched this series thousands of times in my life. I get nothing from the gameplay footage. Seems like a game that would get boring after a few minutes.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 04:40 AM
link   

That game should only be played alone, late at night, in the dark, with headphones...

Choo choo choo

Hah hah hah

Choo....

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Some of the ideas of the game are pretty nifty... when you play Jason, you can hear his mother urging him on...

And He teleports... thats FANtastic... LOL

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Oh Ohh Serial Killer from ATS on the loose !!

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

I played that game for hours and could not get the job done. I am sure the new game will be much more fun than Zombies popping out of the ground and getting lost in a cabin because I could not find the door.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

That game was addicting and very frustrating!

God bless you, NES!"

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

So many tough games on that console.

Kids today got it easy!!

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Kids today got it easy!!

1) They had to prolong games that couldn't hold a ton of programming by making them insanely difficult.

2) Video games used to just be for elite, battle-hardened nerds looking for a challenge. Now games are easy enough for grandma to play along too.

edit on 7-9-2016 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I am SO excited about this game's arrival. I think they're going to do it right and that's just awesome to me.

I was a huge fan of the original NES version and always wanted to re-make the game into the next phase. I had a lot of pages written on how I wanted to do but never did get further.

This video just makes it all more enticing and I cannot wait! Squee!!!!

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Looks pretty cool, but if you play as Jason, doesn't seem like there would be much of a challenge, the guy just walks around grabs people and they cant do anything about it, hes like a walking tank in the movies and seems to be the case in the game.

I like the whole 1 vs 7 idea, but hopefully the players not playing Jason will be armed with something other then turtleneck sweaters, in the movie you could wack Jason with a bat, or run a bus into him and he still kept coming, dont think guns or rocket launchers would do all that much either.

Don't know how all that will translate to the game, and for the life of me cant really enjoy videogames anymore, but its a cool concept what there doing with the Friday the 13 game.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 04:18 AM
link   
a reply to: galadofwarthethird

Looks pretty cool, but if you play as Jason, doesn't seem like there would be much of a challenge, the guy just walks around grabs people and they cant do anything about it, hes like a walking tank in the movies and seems to be the case in the game.

Yeah that's the idea...

Who can challenge Jason?

In the movies the only people that survived were those that outsmarted him...

Im not sure how that will come into play in this game, but the concept is interesting!

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 12:55 AM
link   
I don't know, I mean I have yet to see a way they can off him. I suppose you could find a really big stick and wack him with it if your a camp counselor player, but I dont think it would do much.

But in the vid I have yet to see all the other 7 players do anything to remedy the Jason situation other then run around and get killed. Its a good thing Jason is in no hurry to off people, always walking around at a turtles pace, the guy is never in a hurry. So maybe they can just outrun him till he gets bored, and goes back to whatever he came from.

I mean how are you supposed to outsmart him? When you can literally set him on fire, stab him through with a machete, run him over with a car, and I think in the movies even a full on shotgun blast didn't do much, and he will still keep coming? I don't think you can challenge him to a game of chess and the winner gets to live.

I mean I have not watched much on this game, don't know the mechanics, but even on 7 vs 1, this battle, it seems to be much favored to the 1ns side so far from all the vids I have seen.

top topics

join